corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
1st Feb 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whent and picked this up yesterday morning set off at 6:30 am lol was back home by 12 then spent the day swapping everything over off my old one onto it its got 12 months MOT 6 months tax loads of old mot's service history e.t.c, inside is mint both seats are like new no wear on the bolsters e.t.c even got the original tape player lol its done 2 thousand miles in the last 4 years! so been stood a while recently its done 105,000 the body is alot tidyer dint wise compared to my other, but is suffering from the usual corsa rusting apart from the b pillars there fine so need to sort abit of rusting on the sills both sides a small patch on drivers side quarter near door and a little bit on the door then smooth the boot as its abit rusty to apart from the rust its loads better than my other runs so much smoother and the rides so much better just need to get my post 97 bumpers on which im spraying gloss black along with the 4 arches and im thinking about putting my old skirts on aswell? then get alloys refurbed all white get some opel mudflaps opel badge for boot smooth front grill with irmscher badge then just do little things to make it look tidyer ,like spray scuttle panel gloss black spray all wipers e.t.c but first thing i need to do is get rid of all the rust and underseal underneath. shouldnt be to bad to sort the rust as blacks an easy colour to match took a few pictures today as whent round kirkstone pass for a ride out to get used to it its abit dirty though from all the salt e.t.c opinions?

i think there hard to find in black the corsa sri's? as i hadnt seen any while looking :S

i personoly love it just the rust annoys me but be all sorted soon little project again

pictures of the advert:

on the way back stopped over for toilet lol

pictures up kirkstone pass

bits from my old one ive swapped onto this one

aewajd

1st Feb 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look's good. those steelie's look quite big, what size are they?
Firestate88

1st Feb 09 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving those wheels
what wheels are they?
Rybo

1st Feb 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there team dynamics...he wont sell them to me and i want to know where to get some lol
SRI-LEE

1st Feb 09 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aewajd
look's good. those steelie's look quite big, what size are they?

cheers mate there 14's

cheers mate i do to there team dynamics not sure what model tho as they came with my old car only seen em on one other corsa someone posted a picture of on here there 205/45/16 rybo wants them but i aint selling them to no one lol
SRI-LEE

8th Feb 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not got alot done at all this weekend ,started doing the cambelt on saturday after work was not far from snapping at all! was a right mess so lucky i chose to do it this weekend all the rolelrs where nackerd so yeah lucky really but got all new rollers on and waterpump, but heres the nitemare bit the bolt for the tensioner for the belt was really tight to get off and the thread is stripped so im guessing whoever did the belt last has cross threaded it! :angry: so been trying to sort it but its not happening tried re threading it but had to go next size up which now means the size bolt i need doesnt fit through the tensioner soo im going to try get a heli coil for it which im praying will work!, if it doesnt new engine it is but apart from that cars all good got it all undersealed while on the lift and took a few pictures the other day after i cleaned it so not much updates really very stressfull weekend not happy! no car for a week now

no smoking in my car lol!

heat gun on arches
Nic Barnes

8th Feb 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

question i want answered is what is on the cassette in the radio? best be bon jovi........

are you keeping the wheels white lee?
mwg

8th Feb 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks tidy. I used to have a black Corsa! Pic of it in my garage!
SRI-LEE

8th Feb 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
question i want answered is what is on the cassette in the radio? best be bon jovi........

are you keeping the wheels white lee?

haha nope its alien ant farm lol all i have on tape love it

yeah goign to get them refurbed so there all white no chrome lip :

cheers matt, looks very tidy that mate!
Nic Barnes

8th Feb 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just like the movies.
SRI-LEE

8th Feb 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep lol
Kenzie

8th Feb 09 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidy little motor there pal.

Looking forward to seeing the progress.
SRI-LEE

14th Feb 09 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

finally got my cambelt all sorted on thursday so shes had a new cambelt kit and water pump and coolant change going to do a full service on it next got all underneath undersealed and touch up a few of the rust patches until i can get them sorted properly runs like a dream goes so much better than my other one spent a couple of hours today at work tidying it up touching up scratches gave it a good t cut and a polish also used some trim treatment on my arches and bumpers should last longer than back to black until i get my gloss black bumpers and arches and debadged the boot loks much better also cleaned inside just gave her a good tidy really shes nice and shiny now love it B) bit skint at he moment so haven't done anymore mods yet should be some shortly need it ready for pv piccies :

Rybo

14th Feb 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking very clean lee mate, cant help but think it'd look better with standard lights though? see you in the morning - dont forget the bits
SRI-LEE

14th Feb 09 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye il bring em for ya cheers mate yeah would maybe go with the red stripe e.t.c might photoshop it as the bolts for lights are awkward as fuck to get at lol
aaronc190

14th Feb 09 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin good..what do you mean heat gun on the arches??
Firestate88

14th Feb 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red rear lights or mhw/irmscher lights needed
and the wheels need to be sold to moi
Mobby

14th Feb 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

set of mhw's for sale right here! sold many sets and not one problem!
SRI-LEE

15th Feb 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Firestate88
red rear lights or mhw/irmscher lights needed
and the wheels need to be sold to moi

lol im keeping my wheels everyone wants hem tho lol i might put standard lights back on next week see what they look like ,

heat gun on the arches gets em from faded grey to black again just hold em near until they start going black and do teh same all over the arch just dont melt them lol
shaun 16v

15th Feb 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good dude keep i up
Cheese Man Chris

15th Feb 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car dude, whats going on around the rear wiper? Somone tryed to fix some rust and it went wrong lol
SRI-LEE

15th Feb 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese Man Chris
Nice car dude, whats going on around the rear wiper? Somone tryed to fix some rust and it went wrong lol

cheers fellas nah its rust bubbling through ive just put abit on underseal on it to stop it getting worse lol getting a new boot to smooth when i can afford it
SRI-LEE

20th Feb 09 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got pulled over by the police last night due to my car coming up as no owner when they ran a check on it but when i told him iv only had it 2 weeks he said it be just cause of the change of keepers they then whent and looked round car everything was fine took me in to back of teh car breathelised me usual stuff asked a few questions then he told me my back lights are too dark and that i have to change them so iv put my standard lights back on and i think it looks loads better tbh opinions?

my old smoked ones are going on ebay if anyones after them

sorry theres not much updates at the moment im skint be more shortly when i start getting it how i want it

pics

Olsrey

20th Feb 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking Cumbrian police take the piss don't they?
SRI-LEE

20th Feb 09 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep id been to a meal to so was dressed up and they kept saying to me before i got breathalised'well if you havnt been drinking you should be fine doing this' i was like yes i know they still said it like 3 times lol!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve 23 database queries in 0.2082701 seconds