corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve
tommy_.g

User status: Offline
6th Mar 09 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that last nova is gorgous
Rybo

6th Mar 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

both novas would look better without the splitter on to be honest though....get them bumpers done-you and bethoml proper drag this shit out lol
SRI-LEE

20th Mar 09 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little update seems havnt had one for a while been busy not had time ormoney to do anything lol well thursday night i noticed my car had gone through alot of coolant inspected it next day at work and found the headgasket hadgone was a bit gutted but least once its done she beperfect so sunday i took the headoff before going to glasgow for the week all whent well apart from one of the head bolts snapping the head off it but got it out eventualy also the grey stuff around my sills are filler there was a bit of rust coming through that im sorting before i put my sideskirts on so just a few pics iv been round and clean my pistons block up e.t.c hoping to get a powerbox for it aswell while in bits should be a good buy performance wise also taken all the valves out of the head and its been sent off to get skimmed so when thats back on monday hopefully i can start doing all the valve stem oil seals e.t.c hopefully be done next week but im just taking my time to sort little bits out while i have chance also giving it a full service its overdue one looking at the service history a few pics sorryfor the essay lol

on my nans drive lol are drives got old corsa and golf in it so no room

the headbolt that snapped

head off

all the valves out

nice and clean

all the new genuine bits
Olsrey

20th Mar 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do get a powerbox, take the stupid plastic pipe for the throttle body out from behind all the wiring before you put the head back on as its a pain to do with the head and lower inlet on the car lol.
SRI-LEE

20th Mar 09 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol will do i was planning on doing that thats why i thought id get one now while i can fit it easily cheers for help
SRI-LEE

22nd Mar 09 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

little update again started cleaning all my valves today took me about an hour and a half! but there quite abit cleaner now so im happy also cleaned my exhaust up abit and got the bits i was sorting on the sills sprayed its not perfect but should protect them ready for when my skirts go on also iv bought a powerbox off corsa sport and that should be here wednesday cant wait to get it fitted B) going to spray it black then put my white sri badge on which i sprayed today along with the oil filler cap and coolant bottle cap B) opinions? im also going to be spraying my rocker cover white so engine bay should look quite tidy when its all put back together hopefull next weekend heres the pics

before :

after:

my tarty bits:

random pic i took of the car :

also the skirts which should be going on in a month or so when i get my bumpers finished! :
bethoml

22nd Mar 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good work lee. ive gone sick on myn today. will be updating my thread later. why dont you spray your full car? and buy my front coilovers? lol
Amie H

22nd Mar 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good lee lad. You not gonna lower it anymore mate?? Mase
SRI-LEE

22nd Mar 09 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beaver you animal have you been rubbing your passenger side quarter today or what? lol yes you have haha good lad! i was thinking bout goin sick like you then decided not to lol!

cheers mase i was thinking of going about 70-80mm at the back but not sure yet need some uprated shocks all round
bethoml

22nd Mar 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill be selling my rear shocks soon so dont buy any yet. ill be round for them seals soon lol. check ma thread. pics are up
SRI-LEE

22nd Mar 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv sin it mate looks immense good progress! well done mate yeah il defo have them off you if you dont scam me lol!
bethoml

22nd Mar 09 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i wont scam you. get that engine done aswell
SRI-LEE

23rd Mar 09 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got my head back from being skimmed today , then started on trying to get all the valve stem oil seals out but they were being a pain and it was windy and i was nackerd after work so gave up on it lol powerbox will be here tomorrow or wednesday hopefully got my rocker cover cleaned up aswll so will spray that when iget chance to

bethoml

23rd Mar 09 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go on lee head
neilb1

24th Mar 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck with collets takes for ever lol nice project mate your getting there
SRI-LEE

28th Mar 09 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anouther update not got much done through the week due to being busy weather and lack of day light lol powerbox is here ;D cant wait to get it fitted ive got all my valves out and ground them in so there seated perfectly got all my new valve stem oil seals in and this morning iv sprayed my rocker cover white and power box black got all 16 valves back in and fitted now shouldbe like a new head B) my mates coming round shortly to give me a hand putting it all back on the car so might be running tonight or tomorrow well see what happens lol heres a few pics il give a better update later just warming up at the moment so thought id post here lol some pics

stem seals off they were a pain in the bum to get off though!

SRI-LEE

28th Mar 09 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my mate got a fair bit done today i got all the valves put in this morning and got the powerbox and rocker cover sprayed , then started fitting the head back on fitted teh egr blanking plate so now the egr system and sai system has been removed leaves alot of room in the engin bay and looks better and easyer to work on fitted new camshaft seals got both cams in got all the cambelt on and timed up also extended the tps wiring for th powerbox so basically tomorrow il be drilling the bolt holes for the throttle body getting the powerbox fitted and wired up get all the exhaust system fitted cambelt covers alt belt fitted and a few other bits and she be out and about again cant wait also giving her a full service oil and filter fuel filter sprak plugs then going to get a panel filter when i can afford one piccies B)

last valves in

powerbox sprayed

new camshaft seals in

white rocker cover

Nic Barnes

28th Mar 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great with the white cover indeed
SRI-LEE

28th Mar 09 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate i love it will look better with the powerbox and all teh sprayed caps when its back together tomorrow il post anouther update then
bethoml

29th Mar 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont over tighten powerbox mate. ull crack your paint whoops lol
pjdj1989

29th Mar 09 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont stay white for long pal!

[Edited on 29-03-2009 by pjdj1989]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » black corsa SRI project 1.4 16 valve 23 database queries in 0.1948981 seconds