corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Audi RS4 B7

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi RS4 B7
Dan295

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will round off, do it properly or just remove the injector rail and have a look as thats two 10mm sockets
scunnylad

3rd Aug 09 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got mine of fine there only 6nm tight
Ellis

10th Oct 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, what the hell is going on here? Plugs are white - does this mean it is underfuelling? Could this explain this almost misfire feeling I'm getting?

Any ideas why it would be underfuelling/running lean?

Would really like to finally put this problem to bed...

chrex

10th Oct 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm...well it could be fuel flow due to dirty pipes or injectors...or possibly a fuel pressure problem.

Also, try different plugs - NGK BCPR7ES.

It could also be one of the multitude of sensors (inc. Airflow and Lambda) that tell the ECU what it needs...
Ellis

10th Oct 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MAF is knew, I was thinking Lambda myself actually - what does it actually measure, Oxygen in the gas?

I can't remember if I have said this somewhere in the project thread but, the same problem happened with this engine in another car. So it would be a problem the engine side of things, and not a fuel pump etc. Does that sound logical?

How much is a Lambda?
Dan295

11th Oct 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you can pick up a lambda for around £20-40 depending on where you go, it measures the oxygen in the exhaust gas and compensates the fuel and air mixture so the engine is working within the normal operating conditions, tbh i wouldnt jump to that conclusion just yet as some people on here/MIG will be able to tell you what the fault is when the plugs are white
DaveB

11th Oct 09 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your management light on? (is it wired in?)

Throw those plugs away and get some decent NGKs, the ones mentioned above are great!

What xe is it? Dizzy or coilpack? If its dizzy it should have CREAM injectors and a 2.5bar regulator. If its coilpack it should have 3bar regulator and blue injectors.

If your setup is NOT like the above, change them accordingly to bring them inline with what the ECU is expecting.

Underfuelling issues are usually either CTS or AFM related. IT's also worth replacing the fuel filter. If you know anyone that works at a garage they'll be able to screw a fuel pressure gauge onto the fuel rail to check the actual pressure you're getting at the rail (regardless of what the reg is meant to do).

PS. lamdba is not used on fuel throttle, so if the car isn't 'right' when your foot is on the floor then the lamdba is nothing to do with it
Ellis

12th Oct 09 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Dave, I may check with the garage to see if they could check the fuel pressure for me.

It's a coilpack engine, injectors are blues, I have a 3.0 bar reg on, AFM is new as is the CTS.

EML is not on as the bulb blew years ago so I wouldn't know

Any other ideas are more than welcome...

DaveB

12th Oct 09 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dude put a new bulb in mate; it'll cost about 20p from motor factors plus taking your dash apart. Will save you ALOT of messing about.
B3KAN

12th Oct 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above get a bulb for the em light and then see what codes come up and replace whats needed instead off just replacing things bit by bit when you dont even know if there faulty, if not you will end up spending a fourtune
Ellis

12th Oct 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is something funny with the wiring to the EML bulb, never did sort it out - replaced the bulb 3 or 4 times now. Ever since I put the 1400 in a few years back this was happening.

Will certainly try and get the pressure at the rail measured, sounds like a good idea to me
Ellis

1st Nov 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold

End of the line for this thread, may take some photos of it depending on what gets done to it...
B3KAN

1st Nov 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get a decent price?
Ellis

22nd Dec 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh dear, new owner has put my old 1.4 16V engine back in it. Pity he doesn't have a driving license
Ellis

10th Dec 15 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long overdue update:

Shortly after I sold the XE project this thread was based on, I was just turning 21 in my first real job which meant I could insure something slightly more exotic than a Corsa. I had wanted an Impreza P1 for several years and one came up locally with a fresh rebuild.

Voilą; in all it's standard glory...

After a bit of tuning and cosmetic modifications it ended up looking like this 5 years later with just shy of 350bhp on live remap...

EDIT: Did I say 350bhp? Meant 321 after a proper rolling road run...

VIDEO: Rolling Road Day - October 2013

Then only days after that photo was taken and a costly Brembo brake upgrade was fitted, a kind man drove down the wrong the side of a contra-flow and nearly square into me, just swerving at the last minute...

Then after a 13 month attempt to repair it by my insurance, they gave up and wrote it off. The end

Went on the hunt for the next car on my wish list.

To be continued...

[Edited on 10-12-2015 by Ellis]
Ellis

10th Dec 15 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst the insurance claim against the Impreza was ongoing, I found the car I wanted at Aberdeen Audi. An 06 plate Audi RS4 B7 in Sprint Blue, perfect, what could go wrong. Negotiated a deal with them but only agreed to buy pending full inspection and any parts required were replaced. Looks a bit shit in this picture for some reason...

Went away to work in England somewhere for a few weeks, the exact place escapes me, then the day before I was meant to collect it I was given some bad news. All suspension needed replaced along with DRC valves plus both back boxes. It was actually a worse list than that but in short, they didn't end up selling it and punted to auction.

Time for a rethink

--ToM--

10th Dec 15 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E61 530d Iv just got one and to be fair it's rapid lol
Ellis

10th Dec 15 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fast forward another 9+ months and upwards of 10 other examples of RS4 saloons viewed, I found this wee gem advertised at a small garage in Oldham. Booked myself a flight down to Manchester and went for look one cold, windy weekend. Excuse the photo quality - it's a screenshot from mobile phone...

Well, it checked out OK with low mileage and had fairly good history so I placed a deposit and arranged to come back the following weekend pending they carried out some work on it.

Back the following weekend on another silly small aeroplane to Manchester, freshly serviced, MOT and new auxiliary radiators. Parked up at the local Tesco before the long drive back to Aberdeen...

EDIT: Spec was pretty much factory bar a resonated Miltek system, wheel spacers front + back and an ITG panel filter.

Ellis

10th Dec 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2015 has been spent primarily driving, cleaning and visiting the petrol station. Have become quite friendly with the woman behind the till there. Club card points are good too.

Picture taken at The Lecht base station for anyone familiar with this location. One of the highest roads in the UK - 2090ft.

Also met some other idiots stupid enough to spend their money on an A4 with wide wheel arches...

The year so far has been mostly trouble free motoring. Only a few small modifications but the dreaded maintenance is coming soon with the inevitable RS-tax on part prices

To be continued...

Nic Barnes

10th Dec 15 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job you are loaded though.
Ellis

11th Dec 15 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, not quite. Proportional to the cost of living in Aberdeen which is a disgrace may I add.
Ellis

11th Dec 15 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few months back I decided the resonated system was just too quiet for my liking. Found an older bloke on eBay that had the opposite problem so I purchased his non-resonated centre sections for the exhaust

No pictures of fitting it I'm afraid, was dark, cold and lots of swear words.

Then the rear discs turned up last weekend along with Yellowstuff pads, no pics of pads but they are yellow.

Still recovering from the £275+VAT per disc

Thought I'd best get 4 new tyres as well to replace the Continentals on at the moment, haven't found them to be very good. Replacing them with Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round:

Ordered a service kit from Opie Oils too, was shocked at the amount of oil required - 9.5L of the stuff. Almost 3 times more than my first Corsa

That's all for now.

[Edited on 11-12-2015 by Ellis]
ShEp

11th Dec 15 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely car.

But do you not feel like crying everytime you need to order something?
Ellis

11th Dec 15 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much summed it up there. I keep a slush fund so when I need parts it doesn't hurt as much. It is difficult to justify sometimes, you could in theory go much faster for much cheaper.

It's a bit like when you fall for a rogue woman, you know the sensible option is to go elsewhere but something just keeps you coming back.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 15 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Super sports get rave reviews. Nice project.

Surely it's a car that will only go up in value? Providing the mileage is kept sensible and in good order.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Audi RS4 B7 24 database queries in 0.0154359 seconds