corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Shower tray/door not fitting properly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shower tray/door not fitting properly
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
15th Dec 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if this is the kind of question to be asking in here but here goes anyway.

My mum and dad are currently in the middle of doing an extension.

Recently, my dad (who's doing the majority of work himself) had fitted a shower tray, cemented it in, then had the floor tiled around it. After he had the walls tiled he put the doors on.

It's a corner shower shape and the doors/frame are the same. The problem is that the bottom of the frame of the doors doesn't touch the tray - there's a gap you can fit your hand in.

The doors are held up by brackets that are fixed to the wall, so that when you try to pull the frame down to meet the tray it sits about 2 inches away form the wall. After going into the place he bought it earlier today my dad says that they're not interested (even though they'd supplied the wrong tray and there are no doors to go wth the one we have)

I want to ask, what could we use to 'pack up' the gap? I was thinking a bit of rubber and put silicone either side of it or something similair. If anyone has any ideas please fire away.

And if that doesn't make sense (which I suspect) I can get pics if needed.

[Edited on 15-12-2008 by alan-g-w]
JamesMG

26th Dec 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally the doors sit into a channel you fix to the wall mate, and will have an adjustment of an inch or so... if thats not the case take a photo mate and get it posted.

Get a square on it and check if the tray/wall or wall/floors are square etc.. although its a bit late if your fixed in..
Colin

26th Dec 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can the brackets not just be dropped & fixed 2" lower so it fits

Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

27th Dec 08 at 01:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you post pics so we can fully understand

New Poll