corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Planned install - Very bad news for me too :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Planned install - Very bad news for me too :(
si_reading

User status: Offline
4th Dec 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good, going to be a very smart install.
drunkenfool

30th Dec 04 at 03:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished sound deadening now apart from outer skin of drivers door, which will be done tomorrow, got battery tray from scrappy to go in the boot, and finished sealing and countersinking the boxes./ New speaker cable going in the front doors tomorrow to run the new components that i got off SteveW (currently run off the head unit but soon to be amped), so all that's left now is fitting the battery tray, securing stuff down and the wiring. Cant wait to hear it!
drunkenfool

7th Jan 05 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery properly secured in the boot

Pic of the finished install

Pics are off my phone so not the best quality, ill get some better ones tomorow. Finished all the wiring but taking it to the garage tomorrow to be double checked for peace of mind before turning it on. Finally a year and three months after getting the equipment, it will be ready to use! Going to get it retrimmed when i have some time, but got exams at uni over the next few weeks. Its going to be hard having to run them in for 40 hours cos i wanna hear it!
infinitycorsa

7th Jan 05 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done m8 lookin good
drunkenfool

20th Jan 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, very bad news for me too Crashed my car a couple of days ago (http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=193103 ) and it looks like its gonna be written off. All that time and money spent on the sound deadening has been totally wasted, plus the amp is faulty and has to be sent to the dealers to look at. Makes me wonder why i even bother sometimes
neiliosxi

20th Jan 05 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear this mate, nay chance u can buy the car back off insurance and repair?
drunkenfool

20th Jan 05 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hoping to buy it back, but prob not worth repairing. Prob wont be able to afford to insure an XE till im 21 in october either, cos i will lose my no claims. Might start a new project, depending on what insurance say
mwg

20th Jan 05 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats shit mate
Joff

23rd Jan 05 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chadjpr

Not wanting to detract from your efforts as I'm sure it's all well set up and sounds sweet but...

... just scattering the install around a fake floor isn't very creative.
For the time you've spent, you could have used a couple of angle racks for the amps and made a fibreglass angled wall for the sub tubes to sit in.

With a bit of creativity you could have probably fitted most of that into the standard boot and kept the rear seats!
ultra_corsa

24th Jan 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll