corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting a bigger throttle body and inlet manifold .

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting a bigger throttle body and inlet manifold .
evans_corsab

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

hi there i have a 1.4 8 valve corsa and im thinking of putting on a 1.8 throttle body and a 1.6 inlet manifold , can i just wack this straight on ? or do i need to get the 1.8 ecu ???? any help would be spot on
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

(this is me guessing!) but if you use the 1.8 ecu it would overfuel like hel due to the smaller bore size... the inlet manifold will be bigger than the ports on the head so you'd prob have to file the port holes to match... then just run the 1.8 spi unit from the 1.4 ecu but reset it before using it so it can set itself up for the more amount of air going in!. i may be wrong.... this just seems like sense to me... anyway id like to know if im right or wrong as id like to do it on my 1.2 8v!
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

ahh ok sound think ill take a trip to the scrappy 2 moz and pic up the 1.8 throttle body and the inlet and go from there :thumbs : might ask kurt as he is running a 1.8 t/b and 1.6 inlet
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

let me know to matey cuz if it works i will do it! were about are you from in cheshire? im not to far from you! so maybe i could help you, as im in collage doing my 3rd year of mechanics!
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

im from little neston , ahh cool im duin mechanics to but im on my second year ! cool yea ill get the 1.8 set up tomoz if the scrappy can provide and let you know
marklawton

3rd Dec 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

you can use the 1.6 8v inlet i think. plus maybe the cams, iam sure i read some where that you could
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

cool just spoke to my dad and he said probz be dirt cheap for the 1.8 set up so im guna get the 1.8 set up and see how that goes . if not 1.6 inlet . not to shure bout the ecu re set up isnt that the same as a re map ?
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member

im confuzzled now my dads right in saying that the 1.8 set up will just soak my engine with petrol , so should i get the ecu aswell or get my car re mapped with that set up on ? cheers
alan-g-w

3rd Dec 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

If you're considering getting it remapped, for the money I'd personally prefer an exhaust.

And I don't see why you would need to get it re-mapped anyway if you're only changing the TB and inlet.
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member

it will over fuel tho so how do i reset my ecu , i thort re mapping was re setting the ecu for a different set up ??? :S help
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

no use the 1.4 ECU to reset it simply disconnect the battery for a few hours then connect it then let it idle for 20 secs DO NOT REV it sorted!
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

using the 1.8ecu will make the injector put more fuel in due to it thinking the engine is still a 1.8 (they use more fuel)!! so it will flood, if you use the 1.4 ecu it will adjust fueling to the bigger diamiter throttle body
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

ahhh ok ill try it out and let you know !
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

what college you at ???
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

before buying the ilet manifold measure the inlet ports on your head.. so you can compare theres no point using a bigger size manifold if its going to be restricted by the head smaller ports unless you port match
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member

im guna try the 1.6 8 valve inlet
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

probably best to! me i go to wirral met 12quays by woodside
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

yeah , o cool im at capenhurst
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member

im sure i know someone who does mechanics there!
evans_corsab

3rd Dec 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

probably , im glad ive got this sorted now ive been wanting to do this for a while and there most against the idea at college !! .
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

at mine i can do all stuf like that to mine its coool!let me know how it goes. i will do it if yours turns of ok!!
20valver
Banned

4th Dec 08 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member

get the cav 1.8 spi throttle body and either you can use the 1.4 inlet manifold and line it up to the cav 1.8 spi throttle body or a 1.6 inlet manifold and still line it up with the cav 1.8 throttle body but you can run the 1.4 spi injector in the cav 1.8 throttle body and still use the same ecu and yes re set the ecu when doing this mod,
20valver
Banned

4th Dec 08 at 00:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

if you go to big on the inside diameter of the inlet manifold and inlet ports you will loose pressure and velocity
20valver
Banned

4th Dec 08 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by evans_corsab
probably , im glad ive got this sorted now ive been wanting to do this for a while and there most against the idea at college !! .

but why are they against the idea at college
luke85

4th Dec 08 at 05:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

You might as well shout at the ECU and tell it you have swapped the inlet for all the good that disconnecting the battery will do.

By all means fit the different inlet and throttle but you will need to keep the same fuel injector as you had before or as your dad says, it will be throwing too much fuel in and losing you power

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll