corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa 1.2 sxi exhaust emission indicator light up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa 1.2 sxi exhaust emission indicator light up
katelucky

User status: Offline
26th Nov 08 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there,

The exhaust emission indicator light up and I sent to dealer. They asked me to change electronic controller which cost me over 600 pounds. It is too expensive for me. Do I need to change it? Actually, it seems to present a lot possible options to cause this indicator light up. such as sensor problem. What can I do?

Thanks a lot.

[Edited on 26-11-2008 by katelucky]
adz_gsi

26th Nov 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it a corsa b or c just try scrappies 1st m8
alan-g-w

26th Nov 08 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it making the car run any different from normal?

If not, take the bulb out and tell Vaux to kindly stick their controller up their arse sideways.
katelucky

27th Nov 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adz_gsi
is it a corsa b or c just try scrappies 1st m8

Sorry,I am not quite understand the meaning of corsa b or c. But I think that it should be corsa C. The car made in 2000. thanks!
katelucky

27th Nov 08 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Is it making the car run any different from normal?

If not, take the bulb out and tell Vaux to kindly stick their controller up their arse sideways.

Actually, at beginning, when the car lights up, it comes some noise and then drive for a couple of miles the noise disappered. Driving for 2 or 3 days on motorway(during these days, it still has former situation I said), the indicator lights up. Now, the noise disappered but the indicator is still lighting up.

[Edited on 27-11-2008 by katelucky]
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 08 at 08:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume it's a Corsa C if it's got a exhaust emissions light.

Noise might have been the cat blowing itself to peices? Now it's fucked, no noise?

Not down on power is it?
katelucky

27th Nov 08 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I assume it's a Corsa C if it's got a exhaust emissions light.

Noise might have been the cat blowing itself to peices? Now it's fucked, no noise?

Not down on power is it?

Yep, now ,it is no noise but the indicator lights up. Horrible...
What can I explain it clearly. Well, when start the car, the noise comes out, and then power, it becomes louder, but later, when the speed is higher, the noise is disappeared...
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 08 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does sound like something is physically wrong (not a sensor). I keep thinking the cat could be a bit goosed... take it down kwik fit see what they say?
pow
Premium Member

27th Nov 08 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, this thread suggests AFM:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=92778
katelucky

27th Nov 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Does sound like something is physically wrong (not a sensor). I keep thinking the cat could be a bit goosed... take it down kwik fit see what they say?

Thank you so much for your reply. But I have no idea about the car, could you please let me know what the meaning of the 'CAT'. cheers.
alan-g-w

27th Nov 08 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Catalytic Converter.
pow
Premium Member

28th Nov 08 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As alan said - its the bit of thexhaust that filters some of the shit that comes out out the engine. It's normally located under the engine/slightly further back

New Poll