corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Emission Control Warning Light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Emission Control Warning Light
Jamez_Sheff

User status: Offline
29th Sep 03 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

I own a 02 Corsa SXI which has had a long list of problems since I bought it around 18 months ago. The latest being the emission control warning light which has been on for a number of months. The car has been into Vauxhall on a few occasions and has had a new cat fitted and ECU reset, after about 50 miles the light comes back on. I have got a couple of mods (induction kit and exhaust) but the light came on before these were fitted, I have reset my ECU (by disconnecting my battery) but the problem keeps coming back, it may go off for a short time but then will come on again

A couple of mates have also got SXI's and have had the same problem, however their local dealer told them that that the problem was due to a electrical fault within the ECU itself causing the light to come on, and cannot be fixed, I was woundering if anyone else has had the same problem and if so if they have managed to fix it

Cheers

J

[Edited on 29-09-2003 by Jamez_Sheff]

[Edited on 29-09-2003 by Jamez_Sheff]
1.6 Sport BadBoy

User status: Offline
29th Sep 03 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem, really p*ssed me off. my corsa was in 3 time before they finally solved the problem. its something to do with the airflow meter, mine kept blowing. they finally replaced witha newer version and its been workin fine. ive also got a cat bak exhaust and induction kit on mine. i thought it was the induction kit causing the problem so i left it off for a while after they changed the airflow meter. After reading a tread on here, i decided to try the induction kit again but reset my ecu as soon as i fitted it and its been working ever since with no botha.

hope this is of help mate

New Poll