corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky (employees if possible)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky (employees if possible)
John

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I currently have a sky+ box and 2 multiroom sky boxes.

I want to upgrade one of the normal boxes to sky+ (or hd if the deal was good enough)

Online won't let me choose a sky+ box for one of the multiroom boxes, only change the sky+ box to hd, which isn't any good because i'll need an octo lnb fitted.

Phoned up sky, got someone who was from poland or somewhere that rhymed off prices to me and told me to do it online, when i explained 2 or 3 times that I couldn't and that the site wasn't faulty, it just wasn't letting me do what I wanted she gave me a number to register for the website.

Phoned up again to try and get somebody with at least a basic grasp of English, she told me she could do it but only for £150 + 60 quid installation but knew it would be cheaper if I done it online.
She offered to transfer me to the broadband support team who may know why the website wasn't letting me do it

All I want to do is part with a fair amount of cash and get a sky+ box fitted.

Any ideas or can anybody sort it before I go and buy a box and an octo lnb off ebay?
ash_corsa

23rd Oct 08 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need an octo lnb whichever way you do it if you want 2x sky+ and one standard sky box.
Sky+ need two sat feeds for each box
or did you want to do away with one multiroom box and just have 2x sky+?
that way you could keep your quad lnb.

Fit it all yourself mate, its a piece of piss. £60 installation is a joke, if you get a subcontractor from 1stline digital etc they only get paid about £24 per job! so you can see who's pocketing your cash.
John

23rd Oct 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I could see on avforums they fit an octo lnb for you without too many problems.

I want 2 sky+ and i'll have 2 normal boxes so will defo need the octo lnb.

I'll just get the stuff off ebay if I have to and fit it myself but sky doing it would have saved me bothering.

New Poll