corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » looking to do an engine conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author looking to do an engine conversion
dangsi

User status: Offline
20th Oct 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been lookin at doin an engine conversion and im quite intrested in doin a v6 conversion or possibly 2.0 redtop or vxr conversion

ive looked in to what it will cost and worked out i can afford the conversion for v6 or redtop but new vxr quite expensive to do could do turbo conversion but id perfer non turbo

what i want to know is dose any one have a v6 conversion done if so what are they like ,ie runing problems and how thirsty they are on fuel i no wat the redtops go like as every near me has one .

my mate has a 3.2 v6 nova with turbo and nos goes like the clappers stupidly fast was looking along those lines

any ideas

or should i just keep the 1.6 ?
steddy-eddie

User status: Offline
20th Oct 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the vxr conversion would be very expensive and very hard to do due to it been fly by wire, if you want a similar vxr conversion do a c20let out the calibra or cavvy turbo with vxr injectors and vxr turbo, the v6 conversion is becoming more popular but some things have to be fabricated such as the exhaust manifolds and i think even the steering rack has to be modified, a problem with the v6 in a corsa or nova though is cooling you have to have a good cooling setup such as good radiator for the space you have and decent cooling fans maybe more than one

New Poll