corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Slight jerking and easy to stall.. While im hear engine noise too!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Slight jerking and easy to stall.. While im hear engine noise too!!
alexm

User status: Offline
16th Oct 08 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,
Not too sure whats up with my car, most people would say im just being fussy and to get over it because its a V-Reg car... but here goes.

I had a new clutch fitted about 15k ago, and its been fine. But recently, the car feels a bit easy to stall (i dont actually stall,but imagine the feeling). And changing from 1st into 2nd gear the car sort of jerks when it goes in.

The clutch cable is near the end of the adjustment too, it seems to feel better when its adjusted, but not sure what the problem is.

Also i have a bit of a wierd engine noise, when its cold it taps, but also recently developed a sound a little like gravel, it sounds better when it warm (but still tappety), 98k on the clock... what can i expect to suddenly go on me at this mileage?!

Thanks alot guys
x

[Edited on 16-10-2008 by alexm]
alexm

18th Oct 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump?
smokey corsa

18th Oct 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

description isnt really helpful but would advise a new clutch cable if its at the end of adjustment and check the linkage. as for noise, bit more/better description wuold be helpful.

New Poll