corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » whats that noise???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author whats that noise???
Corsa_4eva
Banned

User status: Offline
15th Feb 04 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes when i start my car i hear a strange noise coming from the engine, i think its near the starter motor which to me sounds the same as a scaffolding pole with little metal particles rolling around inside, cant imagine what it is

when i turn my engine off and start it again then it sounds normal and then when i turn it off again and start it, its the same strange noise again. It happens randomly, sometimes it maybe a normal engine noise and sometimes its the strange noise

on the last two outings when i was driving with this strange noise, my stater motor burnt out TWICE. Now i'm scared it might do it again.

could this be anything to do with the starter motor as i've had it changed twice in the last 3 days coz it burnt out and now ive had a brand new one in but the noise seems to still be there.

any ideas????

sperminator

15th Feb 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could b water pump it has a rumbling noise
Corsa_4eva
Banned

15th Feb 04 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a rumbling noise, its like a sort of crackling noise if you know wot i mean
MikeH

15th Feb 04 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be loose broken baffles in the exhaust system.

Could be the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Or it might be one of the bearings on whatever....
Corsa Sport Gav

26th Mar 04 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dus it sond like a leccy toothbrush?

New Poll