corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My official COD WaW thread.*DAY 1 PATCH*

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My official COD WaW thread.*DAY 1 PATCH*
JM Curdy

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

downloaded the file , but cant open it, its like theres no file type? anyone know whats up?
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Oct 08 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get your beta key from callofduty.com? sign up there too and look in the forums, you may have the dll error and/or directx problems. Update directx to 9.0c august 08 and try that.
Balling
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preordered this yesterday! Looks wicked!

DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is Balling, so much better than COD4. I live how when you get naded or blown up by artillary or something random body parts fly off you
Tiesto

30th Oct 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was such a let down. The guns are useless and not balanced, looks/sounds like your shooting a toy gun, spawning is diabolical, dogs are just crap. Just think they've taken things out of COD4 that made it a great game, but then I don't particularly like WW2/1 games.
AdZ9

30th Oct 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oooh mixed reviews, putting doubt into my head now
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiesto
I thought it was such a let down. The guns are useless and not balanced, looks/sounds like your shooting a toy gun, spawning is diabolical, dogs are just crap. Just think they've taken things out of COD4 that made it a great game, but then I don't particularly like WW2/1 games.

Dont foget its BETA, its out early so they can figure all these problems out. The xbox users all had these problems, they've had updates to sort most of them out, pc BETa hasnt had an update yet. The guns are perfect when playing HC, which is all I play anyway so I never noticed any different. Sometimes you get the odd bad spawn but that happens in every game, COD4 was by far the worst of the franchise for spawning, atleast WaW maps offer more than 1 spawn point at a time, unlike COD4 when 30 of you would spawn in the same place 1 after the other. The dog's are meant to be that way, they dont offer lots of kills as so many people complained about the aim bot heli in COD4, they wanted to tone it down a little. Same with artillary. Treyarch are a completely different company to Activision, they have use the same game engine but hardly any of the same features, everything is different, even the way they throw grenades, personally I prefer it to COD4.

chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the beta has already gone gold, which means that is the product that will be put out to stores.. so what we are playing now is what we will see in the release.. that includes the sounds etc.

i bet the reason they are letting us test it is so they can bring a patch out asap.

i only hope that we are playing a 4 month old beta stage demo. not the one thats gone to the stores. but i doubt it.

i only want it for the zombie mod anyway.. so im not fussed
Balling
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
It is Balling, so much better than COD4.

I have no expectations of this! COD4 is by far the best game I've played. I'm not saying its flawless, I just enjoy the style.

That being said, I've always enjoyed the COD franchise, so I figure I'll enjoy this one aswell.

DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've noticed a few people using mp44 yet its not in weapon list

[Edited on 30-10-2008 by DannyB]
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure its not under rifles...

i noticed some of the guns are under different headings than what i would class them as.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, you're right, its called the STG-44.
Doug

30th Oct 08 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmmm this game isnt as good as CoD4 tbh

I will buy it but only for the single player storyline. All multiplayer will still be on CoD4 for me
chris_uk
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only reason im getting it is for the zombie gametype
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't wait for online co-op, that should be fun. I definately wont be playing COD4 again, going to trade it in when I buy WaW. The most annoying thing is, when they full game is out you have to start your rank all over again
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 08 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I'm at rank 40 now, the BETA level cap so I've unlocked everything I can for now, only another 10 day's to go. I find it annoying that when the game is released I have to start from rank 1 and do everything again, I doubt I would just be able to make a copy of my mp.data file and transfer it like on COD4, I'll try though. I'm still loving the game although I have a few issues. The sound annoys me, from time to time people sound like they are running a thousand miles an hour, the grenades sound tinny when they hit the floor, apart from in HC, all weapons are under powered, dog's need to be less powerfull, the 3rd person spectate view is awfull, but apart from that the game is great. I really can't wait to play co-op online, the single player game looks immense and I can't wait to see the other 11 maps.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Nov 08 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if you press F3 it changes to 1st person.

sound is because they used sound occlusion so it sounds different if you are behind walls etc.. i think this works fine for 1 or two plays but 40 it doesnt have a clue whats going on

weapon damage is fine but the rifles should be 1shot kill not 3, otherwise there is no point in them. (they have confirmed they have sorted this)

im looking forward to the zombie gametype

[Edited on 01-11-2008 by chris_uk]
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Nov 08 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know about f3, what I mean is why have 3rd person, its glitchy as fuck and should remain on console.
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Nov 08 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea i agree
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 08 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For those interested, the MP maps.

Click
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 08 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a few new vids also.

Zombie video

Outskirts map
Doug

3rd Nov 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This game officially sucks tbh

CoD 4 is deffo the better game
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Nov 08 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its far better than COD4, although it is a different game alltogether, the only similarity is the game engine.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Nov 08 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Callofduty.com have released a launch trailer leading up to the release.

Click
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Nov 08 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just seen it, looks ok..

looks alot more promising than the beta..

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll