corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » My official COD WaW thread.*DAY 1 PATCH*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My official COD WaW thread.*DAY 1 PATCH*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Oct 08 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's a video, a sneak preview at the new maps and some more perks

Click
Baz-Zico

16th Oct 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the beta multiplayer online is pretty good
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Oct 08 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah yeah rub it in PC MP demo should be along any day now..

[Edited on 16-10-2008 by DannyB]
Sunz

17th Oct 08 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good, gald there is vehicles to use.

Pc gaming is ok if you have the funds to keep upgrading your system with new gpu's and rmore ram all the time, online for pc has been going for years and years so its obvious it's going to be alot better.

If I had the money I think I would only game on pc but I can bearly play css zm so console is best option.
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 00:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite true, a lot of games now require high specs, but I suppose that's the beauty of a pc, you can upgrade when ever you like. I built a new rig just before COD4 so I will be ok for a good while, although I will upgrade my graphics card soon I think. I doubt I could play and game MP on a console, I'm so used to PC gaming now, everything is more fluent on a pc. Let's face it, consoles are more or less PC's now anyway.
cunningham

17th Oct 08 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my pc is coming up for 3 years cost me 1200 quid at the time and i havent found a game i want to play yet that i cant max out the settings i feel like cancelling the one on the ps3 and gettign it for the pc what you think?
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my opinion, get it for the PC. There is so much more available for the PC map/mod wise, its also a better gaming experience I think.
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, there's rumours of the PC MP demo being released today, which would make a lot of sense as it was a week ago the xbox BETA was released to a select few before it went public a few days later, here is a link, but personally I think the "lottery code" is bullshit, also, further down the page is the PC spec requirements, which seem reasonable.

Click
cunningham

17th Oct 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats spec required for pc? goign to cancel my order with game and re order for pc version after work
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The system requirements for Call of Duty: World at War :

Processor: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better
Hard drive: 8 GB free hard drive space
Memory: 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (VISTA)
Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better, 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
cunningham

17th Oct 08 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted cheers danny ive never played a modded server on cod 4 yet for the pc except the zombie thing
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the beauty about the PC version, because its runnign the same game engine, the COD4 map and mod tools can be used so within a week new maps will be appearing which should be good as there will be some big maps as vehicles are back, can't beleive base isnt included though
cunningham

17th Oct 08 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

base?
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, it was a gametype in COD uo, each team has 3 bases which had to be destroyed by the opposite team, first to destroy the opponents base wins. You can see it in this vid below.

Click
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Oct 08 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a link to a website that is supposedly giving away codes for the first PC MP demo, worth a try.

Click
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Oct 08 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still no PC beta, and the xbox beta has had an update, wankers.
cunningham

18th Oct 08 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would rather wait till the full game tbh
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Oct 08 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hi everyone,

We're rapidly approaching the PC BETA, and as such I wanted to lay out a few key features to the PC version of CoD:WW, and what ramifications it will have on the PC BETA.

First, the entire key authentication / master server paradigm is changing for the first time in a Call of Duty PC title. In CoD:WW, you will be authenticating in-game against a more global master server. This server will keep track of and maintain unique Profile names (like a screenname) which will be tied to your CD Key. So while username / passwords will not be required to play our game, you will have globally unique profile names.

Why are we doing this? Because also for the first time ever in a Call of Duty PC title, we're bringing Friends and Invites (which are typically console staples) to the PC. So we have built-in Friends functionality. You can add friends, filter your servers by Friends (see which servers your friends are playing in), join their servers, etc. You can also invite any online friends to come join you in your current game. We didn't want the new Squad mechanics we've developed to get watered down on the PC, which is ultimately why we decided to bring you Friends & Invites, and thus globally unique profile names.

Now we understand that clan tags can change frequently, and it would be obnoxious and not very user friendly to keep changing your profile name. So we've added in clan tag prefixes, which will show up in-game. This should allow you to take full advantage of our Friends & Invites features, and still be able to make yourself more uniquely identifiable in-game.

So what does this have to do with the BETA?

You will be required to enter a CD Key for the BETA, much like you will when you get the full game this November. These PC keys will be available to all registered users of CallOfDuty.com, including any new users who sign up after the PC BETA releases. These keys aren't intended to limit the BETA to a certain number of players; they are here to allow you to create these unique profile names for our Friends and Invites features.

How will BETA servers work?

The PC BETA will pretty much be a limited MP distribution of our game. So you will be able to host your own servers, and GSP's will be able to sell BETA servers and put up as many dedicated servers as they'd like. All of this will function as if it were a regular Multiplayer game. It's important to note, that for the BETA, the dedicated server will be Windows only.

Will our XP / accounts / friends transfer over from the BETA?

No, all accounts will be deleted after the BETA, just like on the Xbox 360.

More specifics on when the BETA will be released, how it will be released, and where you'll be receiving your keys will be made available in my next update. Rest assured, we want to get you this BETA just as badly as you want to play it, so your patience is appreciated.

Regards,
-JD

Interesting, game invites etc like xbox
cunningham

19th Oct 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xfire name = cunningham85
stubbsy05

20th Oct 08 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been playing this for the last week on Xbox 360 as I got the Beta.

Wasn't sure about it at first but my word the addiction has kicked in and I'm loviong it!

Dogs are great!
Russ

20th Oct 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was playing 5 last night, its grown on me a little, but still nowhere near as good as 4
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No wonder PC beta is taking so long with this friend invite stuff, I'm dying to play it
chris_uk
Premium Member

20th Oct 08 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant be arsed.
DannyB
Premium Member

23rd Oct 08 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We are pleased to announce that in anticipation of the high demand for game servers day-1 of the PC Multiplayer BETA, we’ve joined forces with GameServers to provide a fleet of dedicated servers to be standing and at the ready the day-of the PC BETA release!

GameServers will have servers all around the globe for players to enjoy. Everyone should be able to find servers with great pings with the coverage we’ll have!

For anyone else interested in hosting servers, when the BETA is made available to the world to download, you can upload the files to your datacenters and run as many dedicated servers as you’d like. Hosting a CoD:WW server will not be too dissimilar to running a Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare server. Note that for the BETA, the servers will be Windows only. Linux servers will be available for the retail game.

We want to have as smooth of a day-1 kickoff as possible, and we hope that our combined forces will provide just that!

Looks like it will be any day now, bet its friday

Just read that there's servers up and running for the BETA so it should be here any day now

[Edited on 23-10-2008 by DannyB]
Bram

24th Oct 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm on the XBox 360 beta now

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll