corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help please anyone good with electrics!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help please anyone good with electrics!!
NORRIS-07

User status: Offline
16th Aug 08 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need help off somebody pleaseee, decided to do some diy depos the other day and as i disconnected the headlight wires from the back of the headlights both the white and brown wires came out the block so i didnt think anything of it as i thought i would sort it out after, so i put the headlights in water and left them for a while then when i done the headlights i connected them back up and connected the headlights back altogether and i put the wires that fell out back in the right place, but now none of my headlights will come on, does anyone know what the problem is?,the light on my dials comes up saying my headlights on but they dont work, could it be because ive not got any indicator bulbs in or sidelight bulbs?, what could the problem be ?, is it a bad earth or do you think something got wet in the headlights and its nackered them ?

all help appreciated, thanks
Mr Turner

16th Aug 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i put the headlights in water and left them for a while

i think that might have been a problem, but not 100% sure

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by Mr Turner]
mattievRS

16th Aug 08 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think the water is the problem,its more lightly to be a blown fuse in the fuse box pal.
NORRIS-07

16th Aug 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i put the drivers one in first time it lit up but a very faint orangy colour, i thought it was the battery being nearly dead but i put a new one on and it still done the same but today it dont light up at all, and ive noticed when i turn the key in the ignition my headlight adjuster motor makes like a turning noise coming from the back of the headlight, but its never done that before i put the new battery on, thanks people

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by NORRIS-07]
Corsa_Quadz

16th Aug 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check ur fuses mate, failing that retrace ur steps and reinstall
NORRIS-07

16th Aug 08 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which fuses are they mate?

cheers
mattievRS

16th Aug 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wire the lights back in and leave the adjusters unplugged.Check the fuses and then try the lights.It sounds like something has shorted somewhere and blown a fuse.You will need to find the problem either way as to why its shorted out.
Did you take the adjusters out when you put the lights in the water?And did you completely submerse the lights in the water?
It could also be a problem with the battery ie earthing etc.

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by m17tty]
mattievRS

16th Aug 08 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NORRIS-07
which fuses are they mate?

cheers

check the inside of the fusebox cover.should be able to see from the pics.Should be a pic like this i think =D
NORRIS-07

16th Aug 08 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope wasnt able to disconnect the adjuster, i didnt want to pull it too hard just incase it broke, and i had it in water but the adjuster was out the water but because it wudnt reach both edges of the glass i had to keep turnin it over and stuff and i did put the adjuster in the water at one time by accident, do you think that might be the problem ?, whats the brown and yellow and white cables for in the block at the back of the headlights you connect up, are they for certain parts to work, wil they be the problem because they came out and i put them back in?

cheers pal

[Edited on 16-08-2008 by NORRIS-07]
Corsa_Quadz

17th Aug 08 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a twist an pull to get the adjusters out lol, its probly short circuited as the connectors obv got wet wen you put them in water
NORRIS-07

17th Aug 08 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh right lol i dint know weither to just pull them out or what, what shall i do about them now then?, leave them and buy a new pair of headlights or shall i just give them a good dry and have a look at the adjuster?

cheers
VegasPhil
Premium Member

17th Aug 08 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the fuses, then don't plug the adjusters back in

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
NORRIS-07

17th Aug 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate cheers
NORRIS-07

18th Aug 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted the headlight now sort of, the only problem is now with the indicator, the drivers side doesn't flash but the drivers side front wing and rear light does, and theres a really quick flicker when i flip the indicator up, its like a quicker flicker thank normal on the clocks could it be a bad earth?, i cant get the little cap off the indicator cover to check the bulb because the last one i took off snapped when i was trying to pull it off, anyone know what the problem is?

thanks everyone

[Edited on 18-08-2008 by NORRIS-07]
corsakid_89

18th Aug 08 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing happened to my mate and his lights would only come on very faintly turned out the daft idiot took an earth wire off the battery 'because it didnt look important' lol other than that try a fuse....
mattievRS

18th Aug 08 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say the problem now is a blown bulb
NORRIS-07

18th Aug 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers people, how do i take the indicator cover off the back of the headlight without breaking it?

thanks,,

get rid of one problem then another one pops up
mattievRS

18th Aug 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the indicator should be a bulb in a holder.far right as you look at the back of the light unit.Twist the holder then pull.
mikey26

19th Aug 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does sound like a bulb mate try that first but if that dont work message me as if u have lexus rear lights could know what the prob is.

New Poll