corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c vs renault clio vs Fiesta Zs - costs and reliability issues please help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c vs renault clio vs Fiesta Zs - costs and reliability issues please help
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
27th Jan 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking at one of the two for my girlfriend

whats the difference between them for reliability, part prices and runnning costs ect

looking at the 1.2 opr 1.4 corsa

1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 clio

1.6 zetec s

[Edited on 28-01-2007 by Bullet Proof SRi]
Bullet Proof SRi

27th Jan 07 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any info would be very much appreciated
Twiggy

27th Jan 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

frech build quality?

both are 2 a penny...

what age?
Twiggy

27th Jan 07 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twiggy
frech build quality?

both are 2 a penny...

what age?

(mum has a 03 plate clio i have has a corsa b)
Bullet Proof SRi

28th Jan 07 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n e 1
BlueCorsa

28th Jan 07 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't comment on the Clio as I've never driven or owned one. But if the owner has no claims then I would get the 1.4 Corsa over the 1.2.
Mikorsa16v

28th Jan 07 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know two people with a 51 / 52 clio who have problems with electrics and immobilisers, sometimes it just wont start. Central locking goes tits. I would never ever ever buy a clio. (I own a french car btw, pug 206 GTi - electrics are ok only) french cars have crap electrics!
STANNY

28th Jan 07 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2002 1.2 16v Dynamique. Good car, nothing wrong with it. No problems, goes well for 1.2. I know quite a few people with MK2 PH2 Clios and they like them. Seats are really comfy. Hope this helps.
Bullet Proof SRi

28th Jan 07 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyway people im all for her getting a C as i love my B and hope to upgrade to a C myself, only problem is since ive been on here ive seen so many people have problems with them, racks, linkage, clocks ect.

I havent had any problems with my B and the amount of problems i read about ur Cs on here concerns me.

Tbh i like the zetec s and i would'nt mind having a play if she bought one, but in true ford fashion they do rust and i have heard of people with only 2 year old zetec s's that have rust patches. But they are suposed to be a jem to drive. not sure on reliability

My B is a 94 and only has one minor thumb nail bit of rust on the boot lid

as for clios i dont have a clue about them, my sister has a paxo and that is cheaply built in my opinion and doesent really seem the sort of car you would want to keep for long. cant say if its the same for a clio though. its just they are both french
Mike GSi

28th Jan 07 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u decide to go for the zetec s u2u me my sis is sellin hers.... full everything history/tax/MOT 70k but new engine with 26k. standard motor in rs blue
deano87

29th Jan 07 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Zetec engines found in Fiesta's are prone to burning oil and expensive to replace. If you know it has had a good home, then go for it. If not, I'd steer well clear
--DAN--

29th Jan 07 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I 've had a Clio Cup which was excellent, I had no probs with build quality etc, my only problem was with my local dealership who fucked the car up whilst it was in for a service(they snapped the cambelt whilst thrashing it, then forgot to bolt the alternator back on and it fell off at 80mph!!). I'd deffo have another if it wasn't for the shitty service though.

I currently have a zetec-s for a runaround and its spot on, never let me down in 2 years, its nippy around town and handles really well down the lanes, my only complaint is the basic interior.

[Edited on 29-01-2007 by corsa-dan]
Bullet Proof SRi

29th Jan 07 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mm touch choice really

we have she has just seen a corsa 1.2 sxi 02 plate for sale asell.

ive been on the ford website and on the corsa uk site, obviously both sites are biased tbh so it doesent really help much.

i think we mite dismiss the clio just because its french and get either the fiesta or corsa just dont know what one, or maybe we should keep the clio in the running.

god its so confusing
--DAN--

30th Jan 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drive them all, then decide.
Ludacris Turbo

30th Jan 07 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Phase 2 zetec S has got a better engine than phase1. Never had any trouble with mine except a coil pack which was replaced within 30 mins lol. Also they have a puma chassis so they handle quite nicely aswell!
Here's a pic of mine

I've only driven a clio when i was learnin to drive, and a 1.2sxi corsa i thought was ok but again never driven one properly

[Edited on 30-01-2007 by Ludacris Turbo]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c vs renault clio vs Fiesta Zs - costs and reliability issues please help 22 database queries in 0.0088110 seconds