corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE hubs and shafts in corsa carriers +Astra GTE discs and calipers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE hubs and shafts in corsa carriers +Astra GTE discs and calipers
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jul 08 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, some peeps will have seen the yellow C20XE corsa im building, going about getting the 2.0 motorsport hubs and 2.0ltr shafts for em from Chris Astley motorsport

2 Q's;
will these hubs fit a 1.4 8v corsa carrier from 1993 and do i need the inner and outter cv's for the conversion, not sure

any help would be great guys
thanks

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by SteveoBC]
johnhara1

16th Jul 08 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inner CVs so the shafts fit the gearbox

The motorsport hubs are machined to fit into Corsa Carriers

[Edited on 16-07-2008 by johnhara1]
luke85

16th Jul 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the motorsport hubs are sized to press into the corsa bearing. You will need a couple of new bearings though because they fall apart when you press the old ones out
SteveoBC
Premium Member

16th Jul 08 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yeah forgot to ask aswell, got some Astra GTE discs and calipers, will these fit the corsa carriers ok??
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Jul 08 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know??
luke85

17th Jul 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they should fit fine mate
Olsrey

17th Jul 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have the GTE caliper carriers
B3KAN

17th Jul 08 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
Oh yeah forgot to ask aswell, got some Astra GTE discs and calipers, will these fit the corsa carriers ok??

No you will need the astra carriers
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Jul 08 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well iv got both astra GTE carriers discs and hubs, corsa b 1.4 ls carriers discs and hubs

but i wanna fit the motorsport hubs that fit the 2.0ltr shafts from Chris Astley will the astra GTE carriers fit these motorposrt hubs, not sure what combination to use, but defo wanna use the motorsport hubs and shafts regardless
luke85

17th Jul 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will fit the astra GTE calipers, carriers and discs onto the corsa hub carrier. Then a corsa bearing pressed into the hub carrier and your motorsport hub pressed into the center of the corsa bearing.

If you get me?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

17th Jul 08 at 19:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh cheers for that luke i think i got it, have'nt got the 2.0ltr chris astley shafts and hubs yet but i least i know how to fit em

thats good then, thought i was stuck with astra GTE brakes calipers and discs for a second, now i can make em into corsa/gte sort of hyrbid lol
Limecat
Banned

17th Jul 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
thats good then, thought i was stuck with astra GTE brakes calipers and discs for a second, now i can make em into corsa/gte sort of hyrbid lol

No, you do not hybrid them, you take an Astra GTE/Calibra 16V/Cav GSI etc and unbolt the carriers on 2 x 10mm hex keys IIRC then pull the carrier/caliper etc off as one. Fit the Discs to the Corsa then bolt them straight on. You do not need any Corsa bits.

P.S. Do you have ABS?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

19th Jul 08 at 07:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no
B3KAN

19th Jul 08 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove the corsa caliper and carrier and fit the astra ones, SIMPLE

New Poll