corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » GTE 16 valve discs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GTE 16 valve discs
royvious

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 03 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my Corsa I have got 16valve calipers on the front. When the car was being converted to a red top the brake calipers were changed and so were the discs and also hubs. I noticed that the front discs are smaller and have not got the vented bit round the middle,they are just vented round the outside. My rear discs are 16v and so are the callipers. They are larger than the front . I know they are not gte discs on the front because i also own a mk 2 gte 16v. Will the gte 16 v discs fit straight on?when i eventually change the discs.
I think ive got all what i need exept the discs but i would like to know for sure before popping down to vauxhall.

[Edited on 03-12-2003 by royvious]
Gambit

3rd Dec 03 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not be an idea to swap a disk onto the corsa from the Astra to see if it fits?

i cant understand how you've managed to end up with bigger disks on the rear than on the front!
Kris TD

3rd Dec 03 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sounds like you have aftermarket discs of oem spec, its only the vauxhall ones which have that extra vented bit, ive got ap lockheed gte 16v discs and they dont have it.
Gary Reece

3rd Dec 03 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had Black Diamond Combis on mine, and they had it Kris

New Poll