corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Playing HD .avi files on PS3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Playing HD .avi files on PS3
Cavey

User status: Offline
7th Jul 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few searches on google, and can't really find anything to help.

Basically i can play avi's fine through TVersity and onto my PS3, BUT when it comes to Hi-def (720 or 1080p) files they just don't work, is a bit annoying.

Read a few things about it being firmware etc... but is there anything i can do?

Downloaded GotSent as that's recommended, but it only converts .mkv files to .mp4, not avi files.

Gonna have a look at * to PS3 convertors now and see what i can find, just wondered if anyone knew a solution already?
John

7th Jul 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get stuff that converts and streams on the fly, theres a massive thread on avforums.

I didn't like any of them when I tried, sony should get their act together and play them natively.
Cavey

7th Jul 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting 4media (i think) now.

Just a pain in the arse that i have to convert everything i wanna play in HD, but if it works then i'll be happy enough, i'll have a nose on avforums, got my TV settings off there the other day

New Poll