corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Christiano ronaldo's premiership future is over...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Christiano ronaldo's premiership future is over...
J da Silva

User status: Offline
19th Jun 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jonnycash
not a great shock tho is it? scolari goes to chelsea, hes not xactly gona say to ronaldo come back to man u and play against me is he?

Although when asked about playing against Scolari he said "I want to win, I want to win against him, and for him, he will want to do the same against me".
J da Silva

19th Jun 08 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
Rooney is not the prospect he was made out to be, he's good don't get me wrong but not consistantly good.

I've always thought that but there's very few forwards with his unbelievable work rate and desire to win, Tevez is actually another. He still has a near enough a 1 in 2 strike rate which is brilliant for a guy that plays all across the front of the park.

Tevez is a dogfighter, when the ball is lost he will fight until he gets it back, Rooney is a hothead who falls at International level.
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah don't buy that at all they have identical strike rates and there's no chance Tevez works harder.

I'll agree he's failed at international level but who hasn't for England?
Cosmo

19th Jun 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I really rate both Tevez and Rooney, and think in the right team next to the right player (a Torres type) they could be world class, together though I dont think the balance is there as neither score enough.
J da Silva

19th Jun 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you not buying?
Cosmo

19th Jun 08 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What are you not buying?

He's Scottish - so probably trousers.
jonnysri

still dont think hes getting bought for football. hes getting bought for merchandise and ticket sales, just like beckham was at real
Hammer

quote:
What are you not buying?

Tevez is a dog fighter but Rooney is a hot head, there's no facts to back that up.
Cosmo

19th Jun 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
still dont think hes getting bought for football. hes getting bought for merchandise and ticket sales, just like beckham was at real

Yeah I mean the fact he is currently the best footballer in the world and scored 40+ goals last season probably had nothing to do with it
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
What are you not buying?

He's Scottish - so probably trousers.

Or soap
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Might as well just make a plynth for him outside the Bernabau and cast him in bronze eh
J da Silva

19th Jun 08 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
What are you not buying?

Tevez is a dog fighter but Rooney is a hot head, there's no facts to back that up.

I've witnessed both, Rooney fires of at referees and stamps on peoples private parts, Tevez is a hardworker, it's plain to see, although Match of the Day only show the 'flashy' bits.
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you basing Rooney on his ability as a hot headed 18 year old or just now as a Champions League winner and a 1 in 2 striker that has spent a chunk of the season on the left wing?
JM Curdy

19th Jun 08 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rooney imo has become a much much better player in the last 2 years, worth ethic doggedness and team play are worldclass, doesnt even need to show his ability in some games to control them
Jules

19th Jun 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Ronaldo has come out and said his premiership future is over and he decided a long time ago that he is gonna join Madrid

I think Man Untd will be the judge on if he joins them just yet - Rot in the reserves ftw!
J da Silva

19th Jun 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Rooney works hard, but there is a difference between working hard and getting end product, than working hard and doing the wrong actions. Read what I write not what you imagine I write.....
I like Rooney, his potential to be world class is waiting to be ignited, it just needs the time, place and confidence, he looks like he's lost his confidence a bit.
Cosmo

19th Jun 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:
Ronaldo has come out and said his premiership future is over and he decided a long time ago that he is gonna join Madrid

I think Man Untd will be the judge on if he joins them just yet - Rot in the reserves ftw!

Yeah because United are in a position to turn down £50m+
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know Rooney works hard, but there is a difference between working hard and getting end product, than working hard and doing the wrong actions. Read what I write not what you imagine I write.....
I like Rooney, his potential to be world class is waiting to be ignited, it just needs the time, place and confidence, he looks like he's lost his confidence a bit.

You said he was a hot head i'm not intimating you've said anything else. I don't think he has been this season as he's matured into a hard working forward that still scores goals. He's invaluable at United.
Hammer

19th Jun 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah like you said all those weeks ago there's no chance he'll even see a minute of reserve football!
Jules

19th Jun 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh no the Manc Scouser Glazier finicial advisor has seen a flaw in my post!
Cosmo

19th Jun 08 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh no the Manc Scouser Glazier finicial advisor has seen a flaw in my post!

If you class pure stupidity as a flaw
J da Silva

19th Jun 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All this talk of Man Utd, the new away strips not bad, I've even ordered it, what's that about?
Russ

20th Jun 08 at 06:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its funny he can just say these things. hes not a free agent. he can join madrid..IF man utd sell im. he's worth more to them if they keep him rather than sell him
Tom

20th Jun 08 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Nail on head, I also think there is more to come but he needs to realise he's a striker and not a defender. He waste's effort and gets out of position a little too much for me.
strick206

20th Jun 08 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rooney needs to be a little more greedy in front of goal, and stop trying that stupid fucking chip

Comparing Rooney and Tevez, i would 100% much rather have Rooney at united than tevez if we ever had to choose

Tevez annoys me with his trying to do too much, not passing, and he misses too many chances infront of goal, he is a very good player, but he's the same as rooney and rooney is better at it

Rooney upfront with a striker would bring the best out of him, not on the left wing

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Christiano ronaldo's premiership future is over... 23 database queries in 0.0168500 seconds