corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Garden Ideas Please!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Garden Ideas Please!
--DAN--

User status: Offline
16th Jun 08 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely that. How much did it cost to do it all mate??
drunkenfool

16th Jun 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you interested in keeping koi, or would you be happy with goldfish? (or even no fish?) The final cost could change quite a lot depending on how much filtration you need, but for a basic pond if you dig it by hand, you would be looking at about £100 for liner and underlay, £150 ish for a basic pump and filter with built in UV, then landscaping materials and plants which will obviously vary depending on the size of the area you are transforming and what materials you use. Goldfish ponds you can get away with about 3foot depth, but for koi ponds ideally you want 4.5 to 5', but if you want any advice on the actual fish keeping side of things then let me know.

EDIT - just wanted to add, yeah, b3nn089, that is a nice pond you got there

[Edited on 16-06-2008 by drunkenfool]
--DAN--

17th Jun 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
Are you interested in keeping koi, or would you be happy with goldfish? (or even no fish?) The final cost could change quite a lot depending on how much filtration you need, but for a basic pond if you dig it by hand, you would be looking at about £100 for liner and underlay, £150 ish for a basic pump and filter with built in UV, then landscaping materials and plants which will obviously vary depending on the size of the area you are transforming and what materials you use. Goldfish ponds you can get away with about 3foot depth, but for koi ponds ideally you want 4.5 to 5', but if you want any advice on the actual fish keeping side of things then let me know.

EDIT - just wanted to add, yeah, b3nn089, that is a nice pond you got there

[Edited on 16-06-2008 by drunkenfool]

I'd want Koi Matt, my old boss is relocating and needs to get rid of his own Koi which are upto about 50cms long and very nice. My old man is coming round next week to help me work out how we would do it and whereabouts. Will drop you a u2u when I get to pumps/filters etc as I may need some help lol.
drunkenfool

17th Jun 08 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool mate, ill be glad to help all i can!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll