corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Barryboys - BMW del sol

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Barryboys - BMW del sol
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
26th May 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by keznmike
modifying cars is about making mos off wat u have not all off us have got a rich mummy and daddy i started with a nova saloon, now had a gsi turbo wrx etc think its a bit wrong 4 sum pompous t*ats to sit and knock other cars, instead off taking time to take pic so they can scuttle off home and dis it with there only friends y not say summat to owner........ or no back bone maybe?

Seriously, you aren't getting the point. You don't have to have £100000 in the bank to decide that a 16 year old CRX, with a BMW front end and a dodgy interior is in any way good. I could have £10 in the bank and think the same.

Anyway, I think you'll find that some of them do say it to the owner. Then the owner gets in a hissy, and rather than having a reasonable discussion, decides that the best recourse is to get into a fight over it.

The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing wouldn't it. I can remember this website 8 years ago, when people all used to cream themselves over a Combat kitted Corsa!
keznmike

26th May 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think we should all join and compliment peoples cars lol!
keznmike

26th May 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember when 15s were massive and if you had 17s it wa a max power cover car! but dont like the idea off a lad spending any spare money on a car and somebody sat there taking piss, its basic bullying and no matter what is not defendable
DannyB
Premium Member

26th May 08 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, lets all agree that this car is dogshit and move on.If he wanted a bmw front end, buy a fucking bmw.
Adam-D

26th May 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it isnt that bad.
Welsh Dan

26th May 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by keznmike
i remember when 15s were massive and if you had 17s it wa a max power cover car! but dont like the idea off a lad spending any spare money on a car and somebody sat there taking piss, its basic bullying and no matter what is not defendable

Not really bullying is it. At the end of the day, people will always have different opinions and won't always agree on everything. If you do something like that CRX, you have to expect bad comments, along with the good.
Huwsi

26th May 08 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that bad tbh. The rear arches/ skirts and spoiler don't suit it IMO
M2RTY

26th May 08 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BB is 99% full of very very sad pathetic people

"So what hobbies do you have?"

"Oh I like to drive around and take photos of peoples cars, then post them on the internet for my internet friends to comment on how thick they are, how they live on a council estate and are on the dole"

Or, the classic "I spend my time searching eBay for cars, then post them on the internet for my internet friends to comment on how thick they are, how they live on a council estate and are on the dole"

waste of space
keznmike

26th May 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
BB is 99% full of very very sad pathetic people

"So what hobbies do you have?"

"Oh I like to drive around and take photos of peoples cars, then post them on the internet for my internet friends to comment on how thick they are, how they live on a council estate and are on the dole"

Or, the classic "I spend my time searching eBay for cars, then post them on the internet for my internet friends to comment on how thick they are, how they live on a council estate and are on the dole"

waste of space

nailed it pal well done

whats wrong wi estates lol
richc

26th May 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get the idea with barry boys! And some of it is so true and makes me laugh, but some things just go too far lie spendig hours searhcing the net, riding round for photos and doing detail checks on hem just to go on forum and write about them, uploading pics etc!
antnee

26th May 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that cars not bad, a little bit of work and it could look good, some more subtle alloys. matching alloys, a more subtle spoiler and finished in black too.

O I also like how the driver wont be able to see all the guages as some on the passengers side point out towars the window!!
cjohnson

26th May 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think most of us agree that barryboys is full of assholes then lol... At the end of the day, whatever someone does to their car, it's theirs! Therefore they can do what they like if it looks good to them... Also, any car that is modified has had alot of time and effort gone into it... If my car got put on there I'd be signing up straight away to tell Barry Narry what the f**k I thought of him! lol

CJ..
Ren

26th May 08 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, there is a point to barryboys. Whatever you do to your car IS yours, but in the same way, whatever opinion someone else has on your car is THEIRS. I like barryboys, its a blast from time to time...

What I think everyone has a problem with however, is the way they act. It's all well and good finding a car that you think is amusing, but then posting "Found this Shitreon Paxo on a council estate. Hope his mum fucking dies in a helicoptor crash for producing offspring like him" is just toffee-nosed twatness and uncalled for. They all act like they're upper class, and this gives them the right to behave like cunts. Either way, I just open the topic to see the car, rather then read the comments of yorkshire golf club members.

[Edited on 26-05-2008 by Ren]
Welsh Dan

26th May 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously. Do you not think that there is a chance that people do sometimes stumble upon these cars by accident. I'll admit that one or two probably do go around looking for the cars, but the vast majority are just accidental finds. And uploading 3 or 4 pictures isn't going to take long, as is doing a DVLA check to see what engine it actually has.

CJ - The 'Barrys' are the people that have done stupid things to the cars, not the actual forum members. And feel free to sign up, you wouldn't be the first to attempt to defend your car.
Tom

26th May 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is pathetic site which breeds nobheads who think they are above everyone
cjohnson

26th May 08 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol, yeah but some that get posted up only have alloys :S and it's like... yeah go on, whats wrong with that??... So yeah I would defend my car if it was to get posted up on there lol

CJ..
cjohnson

26th May 08 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
It is pathetic site which breeds nobheads who think they are above everyone

Welsh Dan

26th May 08 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok

Welsh Dan

26th May 08 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cjohnson
Lol, yeah but some that get posted up only have alloys :S and it's like... yeah go on, whats wrong with that??... So yeah I would defend my car if it was to get posted up on there lol

CJ..

If a car is posted which they think shouldn't have been, they usually say. If a car has just got alloys and one or two small things, generally, it won't be posted.
nova_gteuk

26th May 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
I think Barry boys is great. They just say what most of the general public think, when they see some spazzed up Saxo or Corsa. I know of several members of CS that are active members on there too, including myself.

Couldnt agree more.

Makes me laugh the amount of people who post up shoddy cars off ebay/pistonheads etc on here and diss them and they find it ok to diss other peoples cars.

But when a corsasport members car is posted on there,all hell breaks lose

Barryboys is probably the funniest site on the net,problem with people of today is they take everything on the net so serious,yet its funny to read when they retaliate on there

[Edited on 26-05-2008 by nova_gteuk]
ianic SRi

26th May 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that del-sol is very very nice IMO.

heres a picture of my mates and it was spotless until he crashed it at Donny a month or so bak. He's having a civic assumably EK9 front end put on it because of the damage caused. Hes had so much done to this car its unbelievable, got S2000 interior which looks gawjus

spankyjames

27th May 08 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i seen the bmx ended del sol going to jap fest at castle combe couple of weeks ago
Anty
Premium Member

27th May 08 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any other angle shots?
Welsh Dan

27th May 08 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianic SRi
He's having a civic assumably EK9 front end put on it because of the damage caused.

Why an EK9 front end? What advantages does it offer over a normal EK Civic front end? Also, why an EK front end at all, considering that the CRX is closer to an EG than an EK.
jimmy 2.1

27th May 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:
Originally posted by ianic SRi
He's having a civic assumably EK9 front end put on it because of the damage caused.

Why an EK9 front end? What advantages does it offer over a normal EK Civic front end? Also, why an EK front end at all, considering that the CRX is closer to an EG than an EK.

Why does there have to be rules when you're modifying?

[Edited on 27-05-2008 by jimmy 2.1]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Barryboys - BMW del sol 22 database queries in 0.1030431 seconds