corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £60 to fill my tank today.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £60 to fill my tank today.
Ben G

User status: Offline
5th May 08 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cost me £45

edit: cost me £38 9 months ago, plus i had 30 miles left, which is probably another 3 quid.

so yeah, another tenner to fill up

[Edited on 05-05-2008 by Ben G]
mattk

5th May 08 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

summats gonna give soon........
Ash_EP3

5th May 08 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ridiculous pricing yes, but the fact is it's never going to go down
Colin I am sort of in the same boat as you (I am a student with f^all cash) and I must do about 200 miles a week!!!

Something does need to be done, but the impact it makes will probably be very little
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when i started driving just over 2 years ago £5 of petrol was more than enough to kick around for the night.

GT190

5th May 08 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel is an inelastic good though.

even if the government keeps raising prices, people will have to buy it.
Mertin

5th May 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It cant keep going up, its got to come down at some point
Chris Bingham

5th May 08 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
It cant keep going up, its got to come down at some point

Thats what you would think but can anyone remember the last time petrol actually decreased in price The best we can hope for is for it to stay where it is. Government won't reduce tax, Petrol companies won't reduce price.

It costs me about £120-£150 a month in Petrol. I could get a monthly ticket for the train which is £100 but I'd need to leave the house much earlier and would get home about 1-1.5 hours later at night. So guess where the smart money goes? If the train was cheaper and more reliable then I might consider it but at the moment, £20 -£50 isn't a lot extra to pay.
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The last time I saw the price go down must have been at least a year ago now. It went to just under 90p then shot back up to £1 again within a couple of weeks.

I found a receipt for petrol that I bought in Jan '07 and it was 88.5p. Back then I was on my bike so it was under a tenner to fill up and that would do me about 200 miles (125cc getting about 85-90mpg).

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
deano87

5th May 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 12v is ultra slow at times (as you all can imagine) but getting 47mpg consistently, with petrol being cheaper than diesel does have its plus points.

Now, I can't really see the point in having a 'quicker', less economical car, the roads are so congested anyway.

I fill up approx. £33 every week depending on mileage, and I'm not on the red. That gets me about 330 miles.
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fill up when I got paid, and put bang on £33 in last week

Sometimes I need to put a tenner in before getting paid though, depending on how much I go out

A little tip I heard on Top Gear or something once, go to fill up at night when it's cold, because the liquid is more dense so basically you get more hydrocarbons for your money. If you go when it's hot then it's expanded and whatnot more, meaning for the same amount of fuel that you put in, you'll get less out of it. It might not make a lot of difference, but if it does, then it doesn't hurt to fill up a bit later, and you'll literally get more bang for your buck.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Colin

5th May 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Block the roads!!!
Gavin
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant bare to put anymore than £40 in the tank when I fill up. That much fuel lasts a 4-5 days... but with the way things are going I'll be filling up every 2-3 days!!!

And we used to moan when petrol prices hit £1 a litre... I can see us looking back in a years time and tell ourselves how lucky we once was

pew pew pew pewwwww

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » £60 to fill my tank today. 23 database queries in 0.0101600 seconds