corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.

New Poll
  <<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t.
Cosmo

User status: Offline
18th Jul 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
To suggest that Liverpool can surpass 3 teams above them when the top 2 were far superior last season (and the gap is widening further still) is very naïve.

No its not, we've cut the point gap each of the last 3 seasons, whilst ManUre and Chavski have been adding further quality whilst we've scrimping together money for signings.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In that time period you have actually moved backwards though, wasn't it 3rd, 3rd then 4th?

Doesn't look like progress or one upmanship on your rivals from where I am sat?
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
In that time period you have actually moved backwards though, wasn't it 3rd, 3rd then 4th?

Doesn't look like progress or one upmanship on your rivals from where I am sat?

We have got more points than the seasons before, so yes thats progress.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way the points distribute though mean you are moving backwards, plus in that period haven't Arsenal in effect put about a 25+ point swing on you?
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The way the points distribute though mean you are moving backwards, plus in that period haven't Arsenal in effect put about a 25+ point swing on you?

It comes down to what points we are finishing on and the points difference between us and our rivals.

Fact is that the amount we are finishing on his higher than the previous year each season, and the gap between ourselves and our rivals is getting smaller.

As said our results against our rivals is whats making the difference, for instance if we had beaten United twice last season instead of lost twice then we'd of finished above them. Christ even if we had drawn with them twice we'd of only been 5pts behind.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If is a very big word, especially when talking about turning a defeat into a victory, especially when you were destroyed 3-0 in one game. What was the Anfield result? Even if that happened, you still have Arsenal and Chelsea to surpass on that basis though.

Don't get me wrong, I would love anyone to piss on Man U but it just isn't happening. You would need 3 teams to drop their standards to a huge extent and you to raise yours by the same margin.

I recall posting about the points deficit in the past and don't think you have increased each year but I will have a look for the post afterwards?
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I fully understand its a big IF, but my point was more of one that 11 points isnt a huge difference when its games between the two teams involved that could change it. And it wouldnt require both Arsenal and Chavski dropping points either, gaining more points against one of them would put us above the other.

07/08 - 76pts (11pts behind Champions)
06/07 - 68pts (21pts behind Champions)
05/06 - 82pts (9pts behind Champions)
04/05 - 58pts (37pts behind Champions)

Now other than over achieving in 05/06 (season after we won CL) thats moving forward IMO since Rafa took over.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear enough.

Ok, lets hypotetically imagine that instead of Man U beating you twice last season that the results were reversed, that would mean the top 4 would be as follows;

Chelsea 85
Arsenal 83
Liverpool 82
Man U 81

Thats why you still need to surpass Arsenal and Chelsea, thats the point I was making, so you actually do need Chelsea and Arsenal to drop further points. It is more than just results against Man U and Liverpool aren't achieving those of late as it is.
Aaron

18th Jul 08 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 more season for him them, and i bet it's a shit one from him - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7514329.stm
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry, I probably didn't make it clear enough.

Ok, lets hypotetically imagine that instead of Man U beating you twice last season that the results were reversed, that would mean the top 4 would be as follows;

Chelsea 85
Arsenal 83
Liverpool 82
Man U 81

Thats why you still need to surpass Arsenal and Chelsea, thats the point I was making, so you actually do need Chelsea and Arsenal to drop further points. It is more than just results against Man U and Liverpool aren't achieving those of late as it is.

It still shows that how far away we are is not very much at all then
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
1 more season for him them, and i bet it's a shit one from him - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7514329.stm

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. That's our stance - he won't be sold."

In other words, he has told me he wants to leave but we wont sell him, end of story

Still think if RM come in with a big offer that they'll let him go.
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry but i'm pretty sure are run of draws affected our season last year aswell from late december we should have killed off 4 games and collected an extra 8 points there.
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I'm sorry but i'm pretty sure are run of draws affected our season last year aswell from late december we should have killed off 4 games and collected an extra 8 points there.

Yeah, our defence last season, due to the injury to Agger, was the worst its been in years. We drew a load of games where se should of won.
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say the opposite, thats in a hypothetical scenario which involves you beating the league Champions both home and away, something that you haven't managed to do either of in the league under Rafa. Hell, it would mean you would have to score past them, again something you failed to do in either fixture last season.

You would then still only be 3rd in the league and with GD, you may as well call it 4 points behind in that 'make believe' situation.

It would also then mean you have to start looking for victories against Chelsea, something that no bugger seems capable of doing at Stamford Bridge.

Hell, look at how Arsenals season lost it wheels at the end and they still finished comfortably ahead of you.

I really do think you are letting your heart rule your head. Thats the beauty with being an Oldham fan, I know that we will never win anything, so can look at the EPL in an unbiased way without getting caught up in emotion.
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, Ive never felt we've had a chance in the league before now, atleast not in recent seasons. Where as Ive a good feeling this season. So its certainly not heart over ruling head or would of felt it past seasons too.

We scored more goals than anyone last season, yet struggled to stop stupid goals, which was the reason for us being 11pts behind. If we can get back to our usual great defence then I dont see why we cant be in the running.

As for us then winning it, it would come down to our head to head games. And IMO they could go either way right up to the day of the game.
Robbo

18th Jul 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arsenal sign another Frenchman
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I bump this thread in the event you top your own little mini league? *

* Mini league consisting of West Brom, Hull and Stoke.
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can I bump this thread in the event you top your own little mini league? *

* Mini league consisting of West Brom, Hull and Stoke.

If you wish.
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be alot of wankers about cs today
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

LETGSI likes to pop his head up every now and again, cause a bit of a scene then pop back down for a few weeks.
RyanSxi

18th Jul 08 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think Liverpool are a few players about from being title winners. And im not even baiting. Although the way things are going your getting stronger each year.
Cosmo

18th Jul 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, at this very moment we are short about two players I think (I would of said 3 but we got a LB).

Keane will definitly improve us if we get him, which it looks like we will. So that will leave one other player to come in - I have no idea who though.

Not including Barry as will be a straight swap for Alonso basically.
Nath

18th Jul 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Carson to West Brom

£3.25m rising to £4m

Rising to £3.75m

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_bromwich_albion/7514218.stm
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

LETGSI likes to pop his head up every now and again, cause a bit of a scene then pop back down for a few weeks.

Would you like some bait for your hook?

At the end of the day if being a wanker is posting a relevant and factual post with an explanation about it's reasoning and expanding upon things, even if it isn't popular with people who probably get the ump at Phil McNultys blogs on the BBC site, then so be it, I am a wanker.

In order to not be a wanker I must post one line replies or website links with smilies I assume then I can be part of the cliqué?

Here goes...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7513117.stm
Tom

18th Jul 08 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree at the moment ryan to be completely honest, I hope we are doing something about it right now. One or two more signings will give us the quality we have been lacking, as said we should be alot more solid again in defence this year baring injuries, a few players could step up and make a massive difference as will some fresh attacking players. We aren't that far off if we get those few players

<<  58    59    60    61    62    63    64  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer Transfer News/Rumours/Bulls**t. 23 database queries in 0.0306211 seconds