corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » R1 fuelled XE GSi project - Pending Swap

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author R1 fuelled XE GSi project - Pending Swap
fazza

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good torque mate but why so little power though? will it free up that much?
chrex

2nd Dec 08 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sure as hell hope so!!

the engine should be doing it, and it can. Was revving freely, so there is no obvious obstruction...just gotta hope it does free up tbh.
Adam-D

3rd Dec 08 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the opposite of v-tec
Nick-S

3rd Dec 08 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jesus thats some fucking torque
gazza808

3rd Dec 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think some thing was super wrong there.
it's not a deisel.
dodgy reading imo.
chrex

3rd Dec 08 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's possible...i just dont know. I've spoken to the guy who i bought the engine off, and he said he has had it before...and to give it some time. is goin bk in april to be re-set for the summer...so will get another run then.
Nick-S

4th Dec 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am still strugalling with this! how on eather can a n/a 2.0 8v on bike carbs make 235lbs ft of torque
gazza808

4th Dec 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it can't its a duff reading IMO
Nick-S

4th Dec 08 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just dint have the balls to say it.

still this car is and what dose it matter what the readings are aslong as it drives good i gess.
gazza808

4th Dec 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly figures are nothing it's how it drives
chrex

5th Dec 08 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i appreciate the input, and yea, i have come to the conclusion myself that its probs the Rollers.

The car is set-up and fuelling correctly...so its a case of driving it. It certainly mechanically sound and revving fine.

It certainly felt quick when i took it for the quick belt up and down the road. I aint paying £70 for a rolling road session tho. Cba with that yet. i will enjoy having it on the road and enjoy the noise.
richc

5th Dec 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

diesel
chrex

5th Dec 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Parts update:

I have bought some epoxy weld to seal up the tiny leak in the sump for now. It is a temporary measure until i can afford to do it properly and replace the sump.

However, better news is the fact that an ABS sensor i have ordered has turned up. That solves one of the problems i would have had with an MOT. Just got to get it on, get the sump fixed and then fit my horn.

Desperately trying to get it all pieced together so it can be rolling for the new year.
richc

5th Dec 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a MOT, and then take it for a long motorway drive like 500 miles around trip or something then see what it does on the RR
chrex

6th Dec 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, the project may have just recieved its final kick up the arse...

the exhaust on my current daily driver is Mark Lawton's, and with it needing to be returned for MOT purposes...its a choice between stickin the ashley on the 1.4...or pushing to get the GSi mot'd and taxed on tuesday.

Have to check how much actually needs doing...but it may be possible. Will sure as fuck be trying!!
evans_corsab

6th Dec 08 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes get the gsi on the road enjoy it and rally it round
marklawton

7th Dec 08 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate. yeah soz about that, wouldnt ask for it back unles it was really needed. if you need a hand doing anything then you no were i am
chrex

7th Dec 08 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats ok...im gonna try and get it sorted tuesday.

If i can get an MOT sorted, then i will swap the insurance and take it. If not, i will just have to swap the Ashley over until i know the GSi is ready 100% and then swap bk and take it.
chrex

8th Dec 08 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

Just a quick update...and its good news. If i can get the sump and the ABS sensor sorted, it will be goin for an MOT tomorrow.

If the jobs get done, then the insurance will be swapped over...and i will be able to drive it up.

then it will be a case of waitin on the insurance certificate to come thru and then i can tax it.

Hoping that by thursday, i will be behind the wheel.
Adam-D

8th Dec 08 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nearly strippage time
chrex

8th Dec 08 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes...yes indeed. the roof will be coming off shortly.
Vaux Lad

8th Dec 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
am still strugalling with this! how on eather can a n/a 2.0 8v on bike carbs make 235lbs ft of torque

It cant, its beyond the law of physics
Something wrong with there rollers/measuring system to get readings like those.
Nick-S

9th Dec 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i still cant see any induction noise vids
chrex

9th Dec 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tuesday 9th December

Well, the thought of getting an MOT done was thrown away first thing this morn...and so i stormed headlong into the jobs that needed doing to get it roadworthy.

Firstly, i had to drain the oil out of the sump so i could do the repair. This also served the purpose of me doing the 1st oil change since it had been on the rollers at 6k.

Whilst the oil was draining i took the wheel off and fitted the ABS sensor. Easy 2 minute job that has solved a major problem.

And this is why it needed replacing...Paul W, managed to snap the wiring at some point somehow.

So with that easy job done and the oil drained, i then got on wit sealing the sump. Now, hindsight is a great thing. Anyone who does this in the future...Slap shit loads on! I put it on, over the offending holes and then let it set for 20 mins on its own.

I then Gently heated it with a blow torch, so as to help it along (as its pretty cold outside now). Following this i applied a little bit more, and did the same. Then, after an hour of waiting...to make sure it was set, i changed the oil filter and put oil back into the engine, brimming it back to the level.

After about 5 mins, there was a tiny droplet of oil forming on the surface. Well i was a bit pissed off to say the least. So am gonna wait till thursday and then am gonna throw another load onto it with a bigger applicator. Hopefully that will seal the bugger up well and truly.

As i was waiting for the epoxy stuff to seal and dry on the sump, i decided to have a look at the hazard switch. I have, with some assistance from an auto elec over the phone, come to realise that it is shorting somewhere. I went through 4 fuses...15, 20 and 30 amp...and it popped them all as soon as i put them in. So, i pulled the panel off and went hunting for the short.

Spent about 10 mins looking for a short but got bored and angry...so decided to leave it and go back to the mechanical side. (Which was about to get equally as frustrating).

So...positives today were getting the ABS sensor sorted and the bulb now goes out after a few secs, and i suppose i could look on the hazard problem being understood is a positive. Just needs fixing now.

Thursday and the weekend hold many delights, but i want this done asap...no more than 2 weeks.
mattievRS

10th Dec 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
i still cant see any induction noise vids

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » R1 fuelled XE GSi project - Pending Swap 23 database queries in 0.0462129 seconds