corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X16XE Sump

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X16XE Sump
thorpe

User status: Offline
11th Feb 08 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

I competed on the Ripon forest stages rally yesterday in my 1999 Corsa Sport 1.6.
Some of the stages were very rough and although the car has a sump guard fitted, the alloy sump pan has got cracked as it came into contact with the guard.
The engine is completely standard (x16xe).
Does anyone know if a steel sump pan off an earlier 1600 16v engine will fit my alloy sump panned later version? Is the oil pick up pipe in the same place? Are there any baffles in one the alloy sump that aren’t in the steel sump?
Basically my local scrap yard has a 1997 Astra 1.6 16v with a steel sump pan on it and it looks the right shape to fit.
I would prefer to fit a steel sump pan rather than replace/repair the alloy one as the steel one would be less likely to crack should it ever come into contact with the guard again.
If a steel one won’t fit, is anyone breaking a x16xe engine with an alloy sump pan?

New Poll