corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2)
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
26th Jan 08 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely looking ground, although I like to see the corners filled in on proper stadia.

If you believe that stuff from Hicks/Gilette (actually Hicks TBH) then you need your head checking Cosmo. They are there to bleed as much cash as they can from it, if you think otherwise you are a bit daft (they aint throwing big money in like other investors - ie. Chelsea/Man U)

Strangely it goes against everything they initially said doesn't it?
Cosmo

26th Jan 08 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Lovely looking ground, although I like to see the corners filled in on proper stadia.

If you believe that stuff from Hicks/Gilette (actually Hicks TBH) then you need your head checking Cosmo. They are there to bleed as much cash as they can from it, if you think otherwise you are a bit daft (they aint throwing big money in like other investors - ie. Chelsea/Man U)

No, Im taking everything they say with a pinch of salt, and I know they (well atleast Hicks) is only there as he smells a profit. He could of jumped ship now though with a nice sized profit, but he didnt, and now with a huge amount of this financing being secured by him personally the only way for him to make a decent profit will be to invest to produce a successful team on the pitch whilst making the club into a successful one off it.

Oh...and as for your point about throwing big money at clubs...Chelsea is a different example than anything out there, and 99% of Liverpool fans didnt want a Sugar Daddy like them. And United are in huge debt which is secured against the club - fine whilst they are winning they will be fine, but if they have a bad season they will be fucked with the £60m+ loan repayments yearly (as reported in FT recently.)
Hammer

26th Jan 08 at 03:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you think otherwise you are a bit daft

Cosmo

26th Jan 08 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
if you think otherwise you are a bit daft

that was his attempt this time for a reaction...it was poor, usually he is better than that!
Tom

26th Jan 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will eat my hat if we don't beat them by 3 clear goals.
Limecat
Banned

26th Jan 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

No, Im taking everything they say with a pinch of salt, and I know they (well atleast Hicks) is only there as he smells a profit. He could of jumped ship now though with a nice sized profit, but he didnt, and now with a huge amount of this financing being secured by him personally the only way for him to make a decent profit will be to invest to produce a successful team on the pitch whilst making the club into a successful one off it.

Oh...and as for your point about throwing big money at clubs...Chelsea is a different example than anything out there, and 99% of Liverpool fans didnt want a Sugar Daddy like them. And United are in huge debt which is secured against the club - fine whilst they are winning they will be fine, but if they have a bad season they will be fucked with the £60m+ loan repayments yearly (as reported in FT recently.)

I forget where it was that I was reading about it but I recall that it would be the club paying off the debt and his personal money/security only comes into in the event of financial disaster?

I recall the interest alone is something like £18m per annum?
Cosmo

27th Jan 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I forget where it was that I was reading about it but I recall that it would be the club paying off the debt and his personal money/security only comes into in the event of financial disaster?

I recall the interest alone is something like £18m per annum?

Yep, of course Liverpool will be paying the debt. Firstly they'd have to cover their share of interest on £105m which is secured against the club (£60m to begin the stadium and £45m working capital), but any other profit the club makes after this would no doubt either be loaned to G&H to pay the debt, or be paid as a dividend to them both.

That doesnt really matter though, as currently we are making about £28m gross profit, and that is with a shocking commercial side to the club, which G&H are in the middle of trying to sort out. So I have no doubt that ATLEAST the amount to cover the debt can be made per year, and if not a bit more to add to the coffers.

In the meantime the club has £45m working capital, a lot of this will be purely for transfers, and this is before you take into account player sales (£10m for Carson, £10m for Sissoko, etc. etc.)
Whittie

28th Jan 08 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope the boxe's are nice
Cosmo

28th Jan 08 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Hope the boxe's are nice

No under ground corporate bunker anymore
Whittie

28th Jan 08 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Hope the boxe's are nice

No under ground corporate bunker anymore

It'll go upstaires probably, overlooking the pitch.
Nath

15th Sep 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good.
John

15th Sep 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he died or is he another Robin Marriot?
Marc

15th Sep 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was Jimmy Bennett all along.
Hammer

15th Sep 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo was a faggot.
Nath

15th Sep 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo got his willy wet then vanished.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2) 23 database queries in 0.0118980 seconds