corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2)
AndyKent

User status: Offline
25th Jan 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like it for the most part, but it won't look like that I doubt, not once a structural engineer has passed his eye over it

The big sweeping entrance looks cool, but the top-down view of the roof looks like such an odd shape. Good job not many people will see it then I guess
JM Curdy

25th Jan 08 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like if it was build that way it would be a disaster in the way ibrox is with getting enough natural sunlight onto the pitch
iceman

25th Jan 08 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One word to describe this: Stunning
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To those saying it wont look like that...that is the FINAL design. The original which this was based on was very similar and passed for planning last Sept/Oct, this is not the final 71k version that building work will begin on asap (next few months).
JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it BUT i just dont think it will have the same feel as anfield. I don't know how to describe it but when i went anfield just had a totally different feel to any other ground id been to.
Tom

25th Jan 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I like it BUT i just dont think it will have the same feel as anfield. I don't know how to describe it but when i went anfield just had a totally different feel to any other ground id been to.

There's not really much we can do about that though at least we're having another single tier kop
JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah i know tom, you have to move on to keep up with the rest of the big boys, going to be a big shame to lose anfield though
Tom

25th Jan 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

defo, and I can get a season ticket also
JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might get one next to cosmo and just wind him up all match
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You wont be able to afford one where Im getting one mate

JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

You wont be able to afford one where Im getting one mate

Are you sitting on Rafas lap?
JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OORRR is Cosmo part of the DIC group taking over? maybe DIC isnt just the intials of a company more a descriptive word
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I meant at The Emirates tbh
JonnyJ

25th Jan 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glory supporter?
RyanSxi

25th Jan 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dubai International Cosmo!
Danny P

25th Jan 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not bad.

What's that platform like thing that sticks out halfway up the "New Kop" Seems a bit weird trying to create a Kop stand then having that halfway up getting in't way
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
Not bad.

What's that platform like thing that sticks out halfway up the "New Kop" Seems a bit weird trying to create a Kop stand then having that halfway up getting in't way

From what I can find out its a platform for disabled fans. So instead of them being pushed to the bottom of stands or in a corner they can sit with their friends in a normal position in the Kop.
Danny P

25th Jan 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They did a massive sourvey when they took over the club, asked fans all sorts of questions, infact was a fairly massive questionaire which took me ages to fill in, and that was one of the main points disabled fans wanted to see in a new ground as they currently felt pushed out of the way with how its currently set up.
Danny P

25th Jan 08 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can see why they have done it, but to me the point in having a "new" kop would be to recreate what you already have.

The disabled seats to me could be put in the other end, or down the side with a decent vantage point.

Suppose if its what the fans wanted though, there will be no grumbles.
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can see why they have done it, but to me the point in having a "new" kop would be to recreate what you already have.

The disabled seats to me could be put in the other end, or down the side with a decent vantage point.

To recreate?! Its gone above and beyond with an extra 5,000 seats so now making it hold 18,500.
Danny P

25th Jan 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

To recreate?! Its gone above and beyond with an extra 5,000 seats so now making it hold 18,500.

Recreate as in atmosphere, tradition etc.
Marc

25th Jan 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Cosmo, jeez
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Recreate as in atmosphere, tradition etc.

Its the people who create that, adding an extra 5,000 will just help this even more.

Anyway, since the standing Kop has gone the seated one isnt so special, atleast not in how it looks. Everything that is special as in its legend and atmosphere it creates can easily be recreated by the fans in this.

Also, the roof over the Kop is that shape as will amplify the sound across the rest of the stadium - apparently!!
Cosmo

25th Jan 08 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Financing Package

Kop has secured a £350 million financing package, led by The Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia Bank NA, which replaces previous financing that had been due in February 2008. The new financing will meet all of the Club's current financial needs and includes facilities to support the commencement of construction for the new stadium at Stanley Park and to provide working capital for the Club and future player transfers. Of the £350 million financing, £105 million is Club-level debt that will be used to fund commencement of construction of the new stadium at Stanley Park, for future player transfers, and to meet the Club's working capital needs.

The other £245 million will be at the holding company level and was used to refinance the £60 million of debt that was on the Club's books at the time of last year's acquisition as well as the loan related to the share purchase at that time. The overall financing is being supported by a combination of owner cash, letters of credit and personal guarantees totaling £225 million, ensuring that the Club remains on a sound financial footing.

Tom Hicks said: "This new financing package is a strong vote of confidence in the Club's financial strength and a recognition of the exceptional opportunity represented by the construction of the Club's new state-of-the-art stadium at Stanley Park. The successful completion of this financing package is particularly significant in light of the currently challenging credit-market environment. With the refinancing process now done, Club supporters can look forward to the timely commencement of construction work on the new stadium and renew their focus on actions on the pitch."

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpools new 71,000 Stadium + refinancing info (pg2) 23 database queries in 0.2140541 seconds