corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Allardyce sacked

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Allardyce sacked
Robbo

User status: Offline
10th Jan 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by nik
New manager will take 3 weeks to appoint at a guess.

The fact Diarra was apparently signed and sealed yesterday would suggest the next manager is already in cahoots at the club tbh.
Nothing on the Arsenal website so this is entirely false (atm)
Cosmo

10th Jan 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Does the news paper come free?

No, we have to mug the little boy who stands on the corner in his dirty rags selling the local for tuppence.
nik

10th Jan 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by nik
New manager will take 3 weeks to appoint at a guess.

The fact Diarra was apparently signed and sealed yesterday would suggest the next manager is already in cahoots at the club tbh.
Nothing on the Arsenal website so this is entirely false (atm)

Or the over enthusiastic chairman/fan is playing real life football manager.
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

Arsenal usually say when a player is in talks with a nother club so would be very surprised if this is true

that said he can gtf the whiny cunt

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by Robbo]
Tom

10th Jan 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nik you tool
Mad Moe

10th Jan 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
I'd be happy with that. Seeing as I'm allover the UK with my business and have many contacts through Europe and North America, not forgetting Asia Any can Northeners even afford to travel?

I have travelled extensively in Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, not so much in North America mind you but a little in South America. I had parents who liked to travel a lot so think I just caught the bug from them
nik

10th Jan 08 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Nik you tool

Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who has the biggest e-penis?
strick206

10th Jan 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but who gives a shit how much either of you have travelled
Mad Moe

10th Jan 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That would be me, all 24" of it
Nath

10th Jan 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:

That would be me, all 24" of it
nik

10th Jan 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206

Neither could I, but he was the penis who thought he'd be clever
liamC

10th Jan 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Even Roeder didn't do too badly! You can change the manager but you're left with the same players!

Big Sam was on the right tracks with sorting the defence out. With some of the players they have, Given, Butt, Milner, Owen, Smith, Viduka, Martins they should be top 6!

Aye, kept about 3 clean sheets all season. Well on track with sorting the defence out. Never read as much shite in all my life.

quote:
The following from nufc.com makes very true reading:

One should never be surprised by anything that happens on Barrack Road, save for the appearance of an open top bus carrying a trophy festooned in black & white ribbons.

However we are struggling to recall when we last parted company with a manager whose name was sung in what proved to be his final game in charge. Keegan, probably.

It's important though to place on record the profound depression and disillusionment that had set in amongst many of our hard-core supporters - and we're not talking about message board jockeys or serial 606 texters here.

Fans known to us for many years were dropping by the wayside, or even contemplating packing in and/or picking their games.

When that sort of indifference starts to become the norm, alarm bells start ringing - empty seats don't cheer or boo.

Many of those people were still there on Sunday though, still supporting their team - and cheering for Allardyce.

That's what we do. We're not political to the same extent as the fans of some other teams - we can't even organise a supporters club.

The Boxing Day defeat at Wigan saw the infamous "we're shit and we're sick of it" chant, but for every fan joining in with that, others bit their lips or abandoned hope and refused to return while we remain a football-free zone.

Forget all of this twaddle about pressure and expectation: no slack-jawed ex-player or self-important rag writer can tell those people travelling the length of the country to be patient in the face of what they are seeing.

Winning at Fulham, drawing against Derby, losing at Wigan - all unwatchable, regardless of the final score.

Allardyce hasn't gone purely because of results, but because of the lifeless performances - in common parlance he seemed to have lost the dressing room, if he ever had it - Butt's "United we stand" comments notwithstanding.

The issue that vexes us is why dump him now - why not after Wigan?

Is there a semblance of a plan? A change in circumstance with our preferred candidate in the last few hours?

Can it really be as simple as Ashley being booked to go away on his jollies and returning to see that excuse for a performance from behind the goal on Sunday?

Or is this an off-the-cuff decision, a whim of the type that has seen Ashley attract criticism from the stock market community for his unpredictability in business dealings?

Those experts wittering on about the great managers being given time elsewhere that they wouldn't get on Tyneside conveniently ignore the sheer unadulterated bloody rubbish that has been served up by his players - not to mention the holes in his squad last Sunday.

While Milner was genuinely ill and Carr lacking match fitness, suspicions remain that others made themselves unavailable, including some of the African Nations-bound contingent. Shola of course will be gutted by Sam going.

Opinion will remain divided on whether Allardyce would have "got it right" eventually - or we'd have sunk still further away from the business end of the table.

But this isn't Ebbsfleet United, someone ultimately has to the run the damn thing and take major decisions, unless we appoint Simon Cowell and turn the whole thing into a premium rate phoneline extravaganza.....

For Mort and Ashley this is the point that they draw a line under their first seven months, having overseen much positive change off the field.

However they have watched their initial policy of leaving the previously-appointed man in post undo some of that good work by providing sub-standard product to sell.

Another link with the previous administration is severed then - and it's the last major one.

Whoever takes the job now has a fantastic opportunity to rewrite history - whilst trying to succeed where a galaxy of familiar footballing names have ultimately failed.

It's a sad fact that the identity of our new manager will at least partly dictate how much rope he's given by the press - both national and local.

On a positive note though, he'll probably speak to the BBC, an ongoing issue which overshadowed the whole of the Allardyce administration - certainly the regular appearances of Nigel Pearson did Sam no favours.

Another element that has to be faced is the Barton situation - that could of course be taken from the new man's burden by being resolved before he's appointed.

Is this mob rule?

If so, who in their right mind would take this club on - knowing as they do that their future rests on the whim of a volatile crowd.

As Allardyce himself said though, it's a results business and the performances of the Newcastle players have ultimately put Ashley and Mort in a place where they even considered a change of manager.

Underachieving on an epic scale - that could be our motto.

Havent had the time to read this whole thread, but Allardyce got sacked because his football has been shit, his team selections and tactics have been shitter than shit, and the results have been enough to want you to stick forks in your eyes.

People who say we should "give him time", please state what he should exactly be given time to do, that he couldnt have done already?

His constant inclusion of the shite Alan Smith and Geremi meant it was like playing with 9 players every game.

The fact of the matter, is ANYONE supporting Allardyce in this thread (As I say I havent read it I havent te time) hasnt had to endure watching, or even worse, PAYING to watch the dross served up by Allardyce.

Allardyce has no-one to blame but himself. Good riddance.

[Edited on 10-01-2008 by liamC]
Hammer

10th Jan 08 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you for or against his sacking Liam? just spit it out ffs.
strick206

10th Jan 08 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liamC
People who say we should "give him time", please state what he should exactly be given time to do, that he couldnt have done already?

That basically sums up the problem with newcastle fans, he has been there for 24 games ffs

quote:
His constant inclusion of the shite Alan Smith and Geremi meant it was like playing with 9 players every game.

Now i don't believe for one minute having alan smith in the starting line up is like playing one player down

Watching him at united he gives his all and i'm sure that would be the same at the toon
Mad Moe

10th Jan 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Hang on a second, you were infact the cock who started goign on about how well travelled you are. All I was getting at was all of the comments you made about Newcastle Utd were the same shit that is spewed by the Papers daily with out actually having no firm grap of the facts
Tom

10th Jan 08 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed strick typical Newcastle fans. Giving time to do what? Basically to have some more time you cannot expect success straight away. He's brought new people in and i'm sure as with any new management appointed they need time to settle in, get some kind of balance going in the dressing room etc

I think you should go for either the wizard of oz or the genie in the bottle next tbh.
Conway563

10th Jan 08 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read somewhere earlier that a source has said the new manager is experienced and already with a club, ruling out Shearer and Jol
dazavich

10th Jan 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferguson won nothing in 5 years when he first arrived, managers need time imo
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

That basically sums up the problem with newcastle fans, he has been there for 24 games ffs

quote:

Now i don't believe for one minute having alan smith in the starting line up is like playing one player down

Watching him at united he gives his all and i'm sure that would be the same at the toon
Well said Strick

24 matches FFS
Robbo

10th Jan 08 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont personally rate Alan SMith but no one can doubt his heart and work ethic
nik

10th Jan 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Hang on a second, you were infact the cock who started goign on about how well travelled you are. All I was getting at was all of the comments you made about Newcastle Utd were the same shit that is spewed by the Papers daily with out actually having no firm grap of the facts

Mad Moe

10th Jan 08 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Who is being clever now
Mad Moe

10th Jan 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's with all this typical Newcastle fan bollocks? Almost all fans I have spoke to were willing to give him time even if it was just to have some continuity at the club, however Allardyce din’t do himself and favours.

Do you believe for one minute Ashley would get rid of him if he was the way forward for his club? Regardless of his image as a fan he's an Owner and a Business first and foremost

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Allardyce sacked 23 database queries in 0.0160589 seconds