corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Allardyce sacked

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Allardyce sacked
Cosmo

User status: Offline
9th Jan 08 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wsnt selective quoting, that reference was trying to get at we dont win anything, when its by far the opposite and its only 1 thing we havent won in recent years...more than any other English team can say!
Limecat
Banned

9th Jan 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Wsnt selective quoting, that reference was trying to get at we dont win anything, when its by far the opposite and its only 1 thing we havent won in recent years...more than any other English team can say!

I am glad you know what the reference was trying to get at, especially as it was me that wrote it!

I even clearly stated about domestic trophies and Europe in the following post and the one you quoted clearly said 'Both sets of fans deserve everything they get - or more to the point, everything they don't!' by which I would have thought it would be extremely clear that as you have won domestic trophies and European competitions in recent years that they could not fall into the category of everything you haven't won?

The Liverpool reference was about their inability to win the Premiership but the fact that the fans think they have a right to it.

Sorry to everyone else for having to read a breakdown analysis of my posts which were clear enough in the first place.

EDIT: Actually it was posted on the lines above in the same post, not the following one, so that makes it even more bewildering that you are able to misinterpret something so easily?

[Edited on 09-01-2008 by LETGSI16V]
Tom

9th Jan 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a retard, there's a difference between thinking you have a right to something and being used to success you bellend
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
The Liverpool reference was about their inability to win the Premiership but the fact that the fans think they have a right to it.

And why dont we?

We've won every honour going in the last 5 or so years, which is more any other team can say, so I see no reason that we shouldnt think we should/could win it

Who do you support out of interest?
Limecat
Banned

9th Jan 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

And why dont we?

We've won every honour going in the last 5 or so years, which is more any other team can say, so I see no reason that we shouldnt think we should/could win it

Who do you support out of interest?

Why? You have won cup competitions, it is a mile away from a season of consistency as is needed for the Premiership, plus Liverpools squad/first team just are not upto in terms of quality as they are a mile behind their 'rivals'

I'm an Oldham fan.

Tom

9th Jan 08 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mile behind right ok, which is why we've still managed to win all these cup competitions and still finish top 4 for how long

[Edited on 09-01-2008 by Tom]
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why? You have won cup competitions, it is a mile away from a season of consistency as is needed for the Premiership, plus Liverpools squad/first team just are not upto in terms of quality as they are a mile behind their 'rivals'

I'm an Oldham fan.

Nice edit, a long way from what you just said originally

It makes no difference what we have won, the fact is we have been winning things in recent years and for that reason feel we should/could win the league. Its a much different story to Newcastle who havent won anything for 50+ yrs.
Limecat
Banned

9th Jan 08 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom, there is a world of difference. Posting your league position only tells half the story which is why you are consistently out of the running by christmas. I would predict that you will again be 15-20 points behind the champions this year (probably as a bare minimum), so effectively 5-7 victories behind - no matter how you dress it up, that is a huge difference.

Cosmo, I misread it at first, I thought you had said 'We've won every honour going in the last 5 or so years, which is more any other team can say, so I see no reason that we SHOULD think we should/could win it'

I did misread it and so misinterpreted what the post was, I acknowledge that.

Tom

9th Jan 08 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benitez has only just started to get proper money to spend though. We should be doing better this season we have just stuck some half assed performances in. We have the squad and the new young talent he's signed for it start making a difference now. We have the quality to have beaten wigan and to have beaten Man city but we have fucked up.
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom one of the problems is, you have had the money for years, just spent it badly, that thread the other day shown we have only spent 10million more than you since 1999

Once you start spending the money well, you will start to progress in the league

This year, babel and torres look to be brilliant signings, (i wouldnt mind torres at united) but in the past it hasnt been spent wisely
Limecat
Banned

9th Jan 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but already you are 12 points behind (albeit with a game in hand) and I believe you have still got to play the big 3 in away matches which is probably part of the reason that you currently have the best away record IIRC?

Then include the fact that your record against the top 3 is pretty crap (Hasn't Rafa only got something like 1 point from a possible 21 against Man U?) so you must be getting points against cannon fodder like Wigan.

Then think about the fact that as you are a top 4 team (I aint denying that) and that for something like the last 13 years the FA Cup has been won by a 'Top 4 team' it is hardly surprising that you have won it!
Toby
Premium Member

9th Jan 08 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

feel for the guy walked into a shit team and was expected to do wanders
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Tom one of the problems is, you have had the money for years, just spent it badly, that thread the other day shown we have only spent 10million more than you since 1999

Once you start spending the money well, you will start to progress in the league

This year, babel and torres look to be brilliant signings, (i wouldnt mind torres at united) but in the past it hasnt been spent wisely

See now this is what annoys me. Since 1999 we have had two major managers (Houllier and Rafa, with Evans there too for a bit) who have both totally rebuilt the squad from the previous managers.

In that same time United have only had one manager who has been building his squad up each year (since before then too) and not had to totally rebuild it from a previous manager like we've had to do.

I mean the obvious confirmation of this is to look at the record signings, we've spent £21m of Torres and then the next most expensive players are Cisse and Alonso at £12 and £14m. United on the other hand have a few players costing around £30m and I dont know how many costing atleast and around £20m. That is a big big difference in quality being able to be bought.
Limecat
Banned

9th Jan 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
feel for the guy walked into a shit team and was expected to do wanders

No, he did Wanderers before hand, but he was expected to work wonders at Newcastle though!
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alos what needs to be considered is when united are interested in a player the value rockets, which leads to us having to pay through our teeth for the players

Yes clubs still put a premium on when liverpool want to sign someone, but not to the same level as united

Use Torres as an example, you got a class striker for £21million, if united had signed him, i can almost guarantee (sp) we would have had to pay more
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Alos what needs to be considered is when united are interested in a player the value rockets, which leads to us having to pay through our teeth for the players

Yes clubs still put a premium on when liverpool want to sign someone, but not to the same level as united

Use Torres as an example, you got a class striker for £21million, if united had signed him, i can almost guarantee (sp) we would have had to pay more

Thats because we refuse to pay more, you dont as just go out and decide to pay over the odds. If you refused to spend it then it wouldnt happen.
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think if we wanted to sign anyone, lets not take anderson for example

We had to sign him this year, (united didnt want to) but they knew that if he played week in week out for Porto he would be noticed and his value go even higher.

He wasn't expected to play much, if at all this year, but such is his talent he is in the first team and doing very well

Also, we decided we wanted english players on other occasions, and we all know what happens when an english players moves clubs
Tom

9th Jan 08 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£18m for an unproven player. You definately didn't 'have' to buy him this year.
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah so you paid over the odds because you wanted to be in there first, thats nothing any club wouldnt face.

And the same goes for English players, its just the case that the ones you go for (Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rio) are all top players so above our price range as it is before the English add on. While we sign the likes of Crouch and Pennant who (over inflated) still only cost £7m and £8m.
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
£18m for an unproven player. You definately didn't 'have' to buy him this year.

No, but they knew his talent, and he would have cost more this summer once a few other big teams were interested in him
Tommy L

9th Jan 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking hell
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah so you paid over the odds because you wanted to be in there first, thats nothing any club wouldnt face.

And the same goes for English players, its just the case that the ones you go for (Rooney, Carrick, Hargreaves and Rio) are all top players so above our price range as it is before the English add on. While we sign the likes of Crouch and Pennant who (over inflated) still only cost £7m and £8m.

Any club would like to sign the best talent (like our english players) and i don't agree that it's out of Liverpools budget, it's just at the minute, they need to buy a few players to stregthen, but i guess that goes to the benefits of sticking with one manager
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Any club would like to sign the best talent (like our english players) and i don't agree that it's out of Liverpools budget, it's just at the minute, they need to buy a few players to stregthen, but i guess that goes to the benefits of sticking with one manager

Yeah of course it does, but obviously we have NEVER in the last 15yrs been in a position where we only need to buy one or two players and can spend big on those.

I wont argue that overall spending is SIMILAR but the value of a squad on the pitch at anyone will be vastly different as you can just buy at the class above which we have only ventured into once with Torres.
Cosmo

9th Jan 08 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, this should of been in the other thread.
strick206

9th Jan 08 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Anyway, this should of been in the other thread.

Agreed, back to big sam

I feel it is a mistake as they need to keep a manager for a couple of years at least and let him build

I'm sure he won't struggle to get another job, maybe at boro or somewhere like that who need boring football to survive now

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Allardyce sacked 23 database queries in 0.2056768 seconds