corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my corsa 1.2 merit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa 1.2 merit
badboy1989

User status: Offline
11th Dec 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i looked at the set up seems mostly the same really and the brakes are only the standard 1.4i brakes mate but its got lowering springs ect on it so thought get some cally 2.0 brakes and fit those to it and if fits fine and runs fine would be ideal as dont have to get the springs removed and refitted ect?
TheCam

11th Dec 07 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah get 2.0 disks and calipers from a scrappys and get pads from a factors. (or you could get them from the scrappys too but i wouldnt)
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah ill buy new pads only £40 tops for decent set anyway but he disks and calipers i will deffo do i just need to know for sure if the whole leg thinggy will fit if not ill have more work to do lol btw do you think my skirts and rear bumper will suite a combat 2 front or another smoothe style front?
Roffo

11th Dec 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i were you id look at lowered springs and shocks, if ur on a budget there are some quite cheap ones about. 40mm would be ok if u had standard shocks too. its up to you. see the tutorials for advice on it..

also id look for a smaller bumper really, have a look about here and see what u like.. check out my garage i have m3 skirts, and reiger front which are a bit better for a smoother look. i think combat skirts are a bit chunky.!

badboy1989

12th Dec 07 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have lowered springs at 35-40 mm and rear shocks which are the same drop but dont have any springs for the rear as one snapped on the car i got them off of but they were from an astra mk3 do you rekon they will fit corsa?
badboy1989

12th Dec 07 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and for bumper ill post up some more pics of my car now its been sprayed was only done with rattle cans though as thinking of having a full respray possibly matte black dunno might choose a different color i saw a corsa in fast car earlier on this year matte black and it was pretty nice think it had ronal turbos though which add to the flava imo
Roffo

12th Dec 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if mk3's fit?
if they do then they wont be the same amount of lowering.

get sum pics up and we'll have a look.
Roffo

12th Dec 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and matte black is a bitch to look after, especially if its ur day to day driver.
badboy1989

12th Dec 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i take it its due to the no laquer protection then with matte black? and yeah will be daily driver when i get it back on road (when its finished) and ill get some pics when i get some batteries brought some panasonic ones last night and they died in 2 secs :@
darkgazza

12th Dec 07 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no real way to increase the performance with a 1.2 i am in the same posotion with insurance even tho i have no points or claims im just making my corsa look good for now untill my insurance goes down
badboy1989

12th Dec 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all we can do hey lol i like the sound of a 2.0 when im like 20 though but will probs just go for a bigger car ie. focus or some other crap as missus wants another baby in couple of years
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Dec 07 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by badboy1989
its all we can do hey lol i like the sound of a 2.0 when im like 20 though but will probs just go for a bigger car ie. focus or some other crap as missus wants anotherbaby in couple of years

How old is your child?
Your 18 yes? How old is your missus?

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
badboy1989

12th Dec 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for the quiz
lacey(daughter) is 6 months nearly
sarah(missus) is19
and im 19 in jan
badboy1989