corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my corsa 1.2 merit

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa 1.2 merit
badboy1989

User status: Offline
10th Dec 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys im newish here and i have a corsa 1.2 merit i have done a fair bit of bodywork to the car fitting bodykit and rear lights ect but im having a few dificulties with the performance side of things if there is any ina 1.2 lol

im 18 and ahve 6 points so no chance of an engine swap for at least 2 years but i want to work with what i have

im not too well off so anything from other vauxhalls ect would be best as scrappy prices suite me fine lol

but my main prob is the running of my car the steering feels really shite and it fails to start a lot unless i keep trying and trying to give it some then eventually it will start any clues as to what could be wrong? im sure the starting is to do with either ignition leads or the dizzy/rotor arm which i havent taken off to check yet due to turd weather any help on this crap explination of things would be great ppl please help lol heres a pic of my combat corsa bit old pic though

pow
Premium Member

10th Dec 07 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF, a big kit, lexarse lights and non vaux alloys arent going to go down well here...
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Dec 07 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, as long as your happy with it.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Hamish

10th Dec 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are you not banned at 18 with 6 points?

Please remove all the tat that you have stuck on to your car. It looks gash
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Dec 07 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont go turning this into a notts boy racer thread ffs.

Marcy Marc

sand-eel

10th Dec 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

non vaux alloy's
OliSteadman

10th Dec 07 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^
Good point, 6 points on a 6 point lisense n ur banned

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by OliSteadman]
sand-eel

10th Dec 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe he is
Haimsey
Premium Member

10th Dec 07 at 17:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe thats why it looks like it does?
Maybe he is doing the work while both him and the car are off the road?

Marcy Marc

Hamish

10th Dec 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but he's going on about engine swaps in 2 years. Tbh i would be more worried about even getting insurance in 2 years rather than engine conversions

[Edited on 10-12-2007 by Hamish]
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this ent a too friendly site is it really ? and nah truth is,
when i was 16 i was in a friends car and he was banned so i sat in drivers seat and said it was my car and as i had no liscence or insurance i got 3 points on each and its all because i was nieve and he said they wouldnt bother cos i was underage, anyway 6points is onlty a ban if you have a full liscence within 2 years of passing your test as i was too young i got no ban, so plz do you homework before slating my liscence and as for the car:

came wih the body kit and i think its nice even tho its been done to death a bit it picks up where vauxhall never finished i rekon and the alloys came with it standard ones look gash anyway fair enough if your a vauxhall enthusiast however im a modifyer aswell so prefer the aftermarket look and as its my car i dont care but your all entitled to ya own opinions i know, and also for the record they are not lexarse lights and if your too thick to know what lexarse lights are dont bother comenting as they are rear morrettes and can be brought via morrette..

anyway to anyone who didnt jump on the knife at first chance hi and this is just a toppic to see if any of you know how to help me get my car running right...

sorry if this reply sounds offensive but none intended just you comments are a bit steep
scottyp1989

11th Dec 07 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by OliSteadman
^^^

this is true

i had no problem insuring my GSi after i took my test again tho an im only 18
flybikeslee

11th Dec 07 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like a campino

car wont start? running lumpy? explain a bit better and may be able to help, add a vid if you can
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try and do a vid tomorrow as its late and my exhaust is blowing in the middle sectiona nd i will probably awaken half the close if i try starting it now lol but im no mechanic so dont really know how to explain it it takes a while turning over but when it does start steering feels very unsure and wobbly ect i know its only a 1.2 and not sporty at all but surely it should have a bit of a poke to it mine just seems to have low revs and do nothing and btw its been sprayed now lol im looking at getting a more euro kit when funds allow however i like the combat skirts and my rear as its euroish already lol
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:
Originally posted by OliSteadman
^^^

this is true

but i never had a liscence when i took the rap for a friend so even if i had a provisional at the time they allow 12 on a provisional its only if u have passed your practical test within 2 years of making an offence you will get banned with 6
i had no problem insuring my GSi after i took my test again tho an im only 18
Haimsey
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No matter how much i love my friends, fuck thinking id ever do something like that for them

Marcy Marc

badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know and he fucked my over good my insurance is currently 1604.29p a year fully comp however i pay monthly so isnt too bad all mods declared however as its my first year of owning a full liscence still and first year of insurance things should drop fairly well come next august
Roffo

11th Dec 07 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well for the starting problem i rekon u need to test all spark plugs for a good spark, test resistance of leads etcc. maybe the head gasket and loss of compression?? happened on my nova.. but yea try changing dizzy etc...

and steering... looks like ur riding high up with those wheels, which doesnt help.. and maybe the alloys need balancing, and ur tracking checked, as thats main cause of shitty steering.. is the steering really heavy??

also not everyone likes kits and stuff, but its ur first car, so good luck to ya and get modding!! haha
pow
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont have friends that would drive banned.

You can get a licence again with 6 points, but 3 more points and you get BANNED for timeeee..
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers black N chrome, the tyres are fooked on the fox alloys and yeah the hight is a bit in the clouds im currently looking at changing the front legs for mk astra legs as i have a pair which are lowered 35mm already with springs and i have the rear shocks off a mk3 astra which are also 35mm,
i also will be changing the fox alloys for a set of wolfrace katanas i have jhust brought nothing stupid and huge just 15's again but were brought new so correct offset and balanced new tyres ect. also i am checking the dizzy ect. today and imgoing to change all spark plugs and leads and get a dry cell yellow top battery
Superlite Ltd.

11th Dec 07 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really nice that

Only way to get half decent power will be a 10lb bottle of n2o behind you
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Superlite Ltd.
Looks really nice that

Only way to get half decent power will be a 10lb bottle of n2o behind you

is this taking the piss i cant tell :S i know nos would be the only power increase possibility lol but i cant tell bout the other bit of comment
TheCam

11th Dec 07 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by badboy1989
im currently looking at changing the front legs for mk astra legs as i have a pair which are lowered 35mm already with springs and i have the rear shocks off a mk3 astra which are also 35mm

what do you mean legs??
you talking about the complete strut from an astra?
badboy1989

11th Dec 07 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think so not too good mechanically speeeking bud but ive been given from the strut top straight down inc. brakes off an astra mk3 do you think they can fit?
TheCam

11th Dec 07 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brakes will fit fine. is it 2.0 astra brakes? you can tell by measuring the disks. they will be 256mm. if so, there good brakes.

tbh I wouldn't have thought they'd fit but I'v never tried so am not sure, someone will know surely

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll