corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » opinions on this LG37" 1080P please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions on this LG37" 1080P please
SetH

User status: Offline
10th Dec 07 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=391166

Any good, anyone seen a review.

dont really want to go over £700 and want a 37-40" 1080P screen.
Conway563

10th Dec 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LG are good from what I know and apparently they make all LCD screens anyway.
If you wanted to go for this one http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1252673066.1197299194@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceladdmkfiijedcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=12&sm=0&tm=0&sku=726223&category_oid=

Then you can use the code YAW834 for 5% off so it would be £680
SetH

10th Dec 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool thanks m8
Andy_sxi

10th Dec 07 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do buy that one its cheaper here.
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~LGE-37LF66~dept~ctv~subdept~LCDTV~brand~lg.htm
jamied

10th Dec 07 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this:
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~LGE-42LC55~dept~ctv~subdept~LCDTV~brand~lg.htm

and absolutely love it
LG all the way
16vKarlos

11th Dec 07 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Work For Comet + For The Money You Have To Spend I Would Say For A 1080p Screen This Is A Good Price.

Just So you have Some Idea

Contrast Ratio - 5000-1 Means 5000 Different Shades Of One Color Going Accros The Screen To Make Up The Picture In Its Best Definition........ On Average For A 1080p Screen You Will See Most Are Around 5000 to 12000

Pixel Resolution - 1080i Itigrated + 1080p Progressive - The Best One To Go For Would Be The Progressive.

The Integrated Just Means That The Pixels Move In A Ratio Of Across One Pixel + Down By One Pixel + This Will Take more Time For The Picture To Evolve Properly.

The Progressive Is Basically Opposite, Starting From One Corner The Ration Moves Across The Screen In A Constant Rate Down The Scren In A Constant Rate + Also Diagonally Down The Screen Producing The Image Faster, While Also Making The Picture Sharper + Brighter.

These are The Two Main Things To Look For, 1080p + A High Contrast Ratio

I Hope This Helps Seth

All The Best, Karlos
SetH

14th Dec 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one thanks m8
AdZ9

14th Dec 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

size doesnt matter mark, right?
John

14th Dec 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's Interlaced For A Start.

Progressive Scan Works By Drawing One Line After The Other Instead Of Every Second One.

This Is Exactly The Reason People That Work In Comet Ect Have A Bad Name, They Don't Have A Scooby.
John

14th Dec 07 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On reading that again absoltely everything he has said is total shit.

Progressive is better than interlaced and in general you want a higher contrast ratio but it depends on the exact TV you are talking about as different manufacturers quote different things.
_Allan_

14th Dec 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth can you stretch another £87?. For a 3 year guarantee, 40", 1080p and 3 x HDMI?

Costco sell the 40" Samsung M87 and include a 3 year warranty for £787.
BarnshaW

14th Dec 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude i work for LG, if u want info come to me. also if u get issues i can sort u out pm me
16vKarlos

14th Dec 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read Your Second Post John.....

'Progressive is better' than interlaced and in general you want a higher contrast ratio but it depends on the exact TV you are talking about as different manufacturers quote different things

Now Read What I Said First... You Will See That I Have Said Exactly The Same.

I Work For Comet + For The Money You Have To Spend I Would Say For A 1080p Screen This Is A Good Price.

Contrast Ratio - 5000-1 Means 5000 Different Shades Of One Color Going Accros The Screen To Make Up The Picture In Its Best Definition........ On Average For A 1080p Screen You Will See Most Are Around 5000 to 12000

Pixel Resolution - 1080i Itigrated + 1080p Progressive - The Best One To Go For Would Be The Progressive.

The Integrated Just Means That The Pixels Move In A Ratio Of Across One Pixel + Down By One Pixel + This Will Take more Time For The Picture To Evolve Properly.

The Progressive Is Basically Opposite, Starting From One Corner The Ration Moves Across The Screen In A Constant Rate Down The Scren In A Constant Rate + Also Diagonally Down The Screen Producing The Image Faster, While Also Making The Picture Sharper + Brighter.

@@@Read Your Second Post John.....

Progressive is better than interlaced and in general you want a higher contrast ratio but it depends on the exact TV you are talking about as different manufacturers quote different things

'''''''''These are The Two Main Things To Look For, 1080p + A High Contrast Ratio''''''''''''

I Hope This Helps Seth

All The Best, Karlos

RANT OVER.
Cole

14th Dec 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

karlos you work for comet can i come and get some discount in new yr sales then please lol
Russ

14th Dec 07 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vKarlos
Read Your Second Post John.....

'Progressive is better' than interlaced and in general you want a higher contrast ratio but it depends on the exact TV you are talking about as different manufacturers quote different things

@@@Read Your Second Post John.....

Progressive is better than interlaced and in general you want a higher contrast ratio but it depends on the exact TV you are talking about as different manufacturers quote different things

'''''''''These are The Two Main Things To Look For, 1080p + A High Contrast Ratio''''''''''''

I Hope This Helps Seth

All The Best, Karlos

RANT OVER.
I Agree With John, You Sound Like You Work In Comet..

i.e. you have no qualifications and failed basic English full stop capital letter mother fucker
Rob_Quads

14th Dec 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Samsung LE40M87 is available from quite a few places from £750-£800 and is a stonking panel.
John

14th Dec 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not reading that again, struggled enough with the 1st bit.

Your explanations of interlaced and progressive scan are totally made up, you don't even know interlaced is called that.

To be constructive to the thread, I agree with the costco + samsung advice.

Good TV, costco warranty is worth paying the extra 87 quid for on its own, it breaks you take it back and get it swapped/refund, no questions asked.

[Edited on 14-12-2007 by John]
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 07 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with john what karlos has said is utter garbage
he cant even get the basic terminology correct let alone the tech stuff
corsa-sxi

15th Dec 07 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what inputs does the tele need to take advantage of 1080P?
John

15th Dec 07 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hdmi
corsa-sxi

15th Dec 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sry to steal thread lol, is it true that samsung make all the screens?

i fancy a 26" LCD theres a philips 1 for £420 at comet, or the samsung at £500....
_Allan_

15th Dec 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What model Samsung is it for the £500?
The link have the older R88 for £399.99 delivered.

New Poll