corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let sensor pic request

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let sensor pic request
Ben ev

User status: Offline
29th Nov 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please can someone post up a picture of
1. hot start valve
2. fuel tank vent valve

despite owning one for a few years i still get mixed up between the two
craig_s

29th Nov 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taken from max-boost.co.uk

1. Brake servo

2. Tank vent valve

3. Charge pressure regulating valve control unit

4. Air bypass valve

5. Charge pressure control bypass valve

6. Hot start valve

7. Motronic M2.7 control unit

8. Active carbon canister tank vent

9. Throttle valve manifold

10. Fuel pressure regulator

11. Intake manifold

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by sri power]
DAZ1985

29th Nov 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see Max Boost has come in handy

FruitBooTeR

29th Nov 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there one for the xe?
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no shit. seen that diagram a million times, am sure it is on my comp somewhere or other but always thought they were the other way round. lol
cheers for pointing it out matey
i got both the sensors from iirc a v6 or 1.4 8v corsa. dont get faults etc so didnt really matter as neither are plugged in

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by Ben ev]
craig_s

29th Nov 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it has daz.its probably the best site for stuff like that.no need for one on the xe its too simple.

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by sri power]
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half the reason it threw me was because on my ftvv the vac hose unions are small and on the hot start valve they are the size of the larger tb take off (the one at the front on the right)
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the hot start valve or tank vent are not plugged in it will throw up fault codes. they dont have to be piped up, but need to be plugged in.
craig_s

29th Nov 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know it don't matter if the hot start valve is not piped in but i didn't know you could leave the fuel tank vent valve out too.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
if the hot start valve or tank vent are not plugged in it will throw up fault codes. they dont have to be piped up, but need to be plugged in.

sorry mate. thats what i meant buy saying i didnt have them active.

i bought my tb years ago from someone on mig. i assume everyone has 2 different size vac take offs on the front of there tb's and mine hasnt been bodged in some way

hope you can make sense of that
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sri power
i know it don't matter if the hot start valve is not piped in but i didn't know you could leave the fuel tank vent valve out too.

also if you do have it in i assume it has some kind of 1 way system inccoperated in it to prevent boost pressure going to the canistor?
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, theyre all like that
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
quote:
Originally posted by sri power

also if you do have it in i assume it has some kind of 1 way system inccoperated in it to prevent boost pressure going to the canistor?

you can block the outlet up on it. had to do that in the nova years ago as they have no tank vent set up. corsa does so its piped up on mine, well it was but dont need it now.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone have any actuall pictures of the genuine let valves so i can make a comparrison. although the diagram is usefull i cant compare them to mine
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fuel tank vent valve has a bracket on it so it mounts to the inlet manifold, its like a staggered bracket, whereas the hot start valve has 2 holes either side. the bolt holes are also smaller as the bolts used are shitty small things compared to the tank vent valve. that makes no sense i guess.
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, hot start valve has inlet and outlet on opposite sides. tank vent valve its like a L shape path through it if that makes sense? probably not. i dont have pics, could get one of the tank vent valve i think as i still might have one of them
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can do. i no what you mean by those descriptions. on my tank vent valve it dosnt have lips on the unions to stop the vac hose blowing off so will need a proper one to make it usefull. if yours was active do you no if the canistor was pressurising? i thought it would be which is why i never bothered. if not i will plumb it in after the engine is back together.
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh ben not something i thought of actually. although thats how they work on the original engine in the car they came in.

i have to be honest, and say that your wasting what could be an awesome engine running it on phase 4.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh ben not something i thought of actually. although thats how they work on the original engine in the car they came in.

i have to be honest, and say that your wasting what could be an awesome engine running it on phase 4.

ile speak to someone with a calibra/ johhny a next time ime at vox dealership. as for motronic please explain
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well unless you have the motronic remapped (can be done) your fitting an ecu witha chip in it that was originally programmed for some other car. now depending on which version of p4 you have as regal seem to sell a different one to eds allegedly, it may not work very well with what you have. all my pics are gone now, but on my graph, at 6000rpm where it made its 442bhp, the boost was still climbing. the igniton map was totally wrong. basically, the ecu just wasnt good enough to do what the engine could do.

if you spending all time and money on building a proper engine, why fit an ecu with a generic map on a chip that probably shares no parts in common with what you have.

i could be wrong though.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
well unless you have the motronic remapped (can be done) your fitting an ecu witha chip in it that was originally programmed for some other car. now depending on which version of p4 you have as regal seem to sell a different one to eds allegedly, it may not work very well with what you have. all my pics are gone now, but on my graph, at 6000rpm where it made its 442bhp, the boost was still climbing. the igniton map was totally wrong. basically, the ecu just wasnt good enough to do what the engine could do.

if you spending all time and money on building a proper engine, why fit an ecu with a generic map on a chip that probably shares no parts in common with what you have.

i could be wrong though.

i think the 2 different types are in the fuel delivery design, the earlier being with a 5th injector and later being 4 msd's. being as ime using vxr injectors to start with i no what you mean. unfortunately i have kinda a budget and this is my daily driver (atm)
if ime perfectly honest with you i no very little about aftermarket mangement as ive no experience with it, just ramble ive picked up on internet/wom etc.
as for mapping i would literally be handing over moneys in abit of a blind faith deal as have barely no clue as to whats involved

Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean about aftermarket tackle. the only way to look at it is this.

you have x turbo, x style inet set up, x amount of boost, x type of injectors. aftermarket can adapt to use all of that no problems and get the best from it. p4 can only work within the paramaters that are set on the chips when they were programmed back in 2002 or whenever it was, on a car that ran a kkk26 turbo not a t3.

yeah fine, mine had ok power on p4. but as the fella that had it on the rollers said, it could have been so much better. as in smoother, set up to use what the engine has etc. i cant wait to have mine mapped. id bet it would be a far better car to drive when its mapped even if it has less power. i understand the budget thing, and the daily drive as i used mine all the time. but still, why go to the expense and trouble with the other parts and go half arsed on the ecu. i regretted it. im very glad i sold it. wasnt up to the job in my opinion.

again, thats my opinions. generally speaking i havent got a clue.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

T3... BEHAVE! junked that months ago

what sort of money are you looking at for mapping? ive heard prices approaching £1000. as said its not the computer thats expensive/ hard to get hold of. my mate has a civic b16a turbo (easy)
lucky bastard its all pritty much plug in and play within reason. no need for squatting up on all this redundant senor milarky there.
shall see what the future brings as ime sure ile get back what i paid on my ecu
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the turbo now then? whats it capable of running? does it start to build boost at the same time the programme for the kkk26 does? does it hold boost to the same rpm etc as the p4 ecu was programmed for? thats the issues i had.

ecu and loom could be about a grand, mapping say under 600 usually. my local place is about 300-400. i havent asked dave a for a price yet.

yet again, be nice to see you make over 500 with std equipment.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ime struggling to find a map for the kkk26. heres the map from mine.
http://www.turbocharged.com/catalog/compmaps/fig16.html
i sourced it from america. was sensible money which was nice. it is .48 turbine though, .60 compressor so may suffer from surge. ide like to see 400tbh. ime unsure if the turbo could flow 500hp. wouldnt have thought so.
as with the prices i stand corrected. abit out of range for the corsa though. maybe another car in the future. ide like another mk2 astra tbh.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll