corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20let sensor pic request

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20let sensor pic request
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
29th Nov 07 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will be very interested to see what you get from the engine really. i couldnt care less if mine made 350 now.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. we shall see. hopefully be built and running and on the rollers in may. away with work at the end of december till april so a nice releif from pissing about with cars i supose. it will be at enginetunner with allen jefferys when the time comes. a mate of mine has a mk3 astra with a xe that we a turboing to run phase 3 very similar spec to my old setup at a similar time so will be a nice comparrison. my have we gone off topic here...
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it dont matter. its always good to have proper discussion about proper things instead of what 6x9's will go best with what woofer.

my aim is for march, although it probably wont happen. im sticking with std inlet due to not being able to get hold of anything else id actually want to fit to it. all hopes for totb next year are gone. im just going to get it running then look into selling it.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happened to beardys inlets then? i was menat to speak to him about the plenuim for mine as was doing some work for him and jav for vox-all but times getting the better of me atm. havnt done much more on my inlet yet but am hoping to see some reasonable gains from it. would be nice if ime able to get on the rollers with standed inlet before hand/after to see if it was worth the hassel but i probibly wont bother unfortunately. shame about the garage pics as wonted to look at a bunch of ew ones. ime abit unsure as to what flanges i need/ dont need. if you can remember/ if you no heres what ime after

1st of all wont to confirm that the valve faces the manifold and not the screamer pipe.
second of all the flange that the valve seals on does it need a gasket in between it and should i weld the manifold take off straight onto there or onto a sepate flange that mates to it. if that dosnt read sense

manifold-wastegate take off pipe-flange-gasket-flange for valve seal-(gasket?)-external gate-flange-screamer

hope thats right. ile get a resonable picture tomorow if you wouldnt mind taking a quick look.

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by Ben ev]
Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

valve faces manifold, ie it seals on the flange on the manifold. ive not seen one that has a gasket in it.
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from this picture can sort of see what ime on about. gate came with the 4 bolt flange on the far right. on the underside of it (bit where the valve sits) it has a machined seat similar to that on a head so obviously faces the valve. i also received the 4 bolt gasket. now the bolts seem to be very long for the assembly so i assume the gasket is designed to sit in between to extreme right of this picture and a seperate flange that i will need to make that is welded on the manifold takeoff pipe?
sound about right?

edit: can just about make out the gasket after the original flange. if i assume correctly the parts in the picture are in the right order...
(also theres a gap inbetween the flange and gate as havnt done the bolts up tight)

Nic Barnes

29th Nov 07 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah flange on right is what is welded onto the inlet manifold. flange on bottom is for the screamer.
luke85

29th Nov 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you still want pics of the hot start valve and the fuel tank vent valve? Ive not got a digital camera at the mo but i can take some on my phone of the hot start valve if you want. Think my fuel tank vent valve is under the chargecooler though

[Edited on 29-11-2007 by luke85]
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would be gratefull if you could please
luke85

29th Nov 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kinda hard to get a good picture but this is what i got, its the same shape as in the diagram

Ive left the pipes off it because if it goes wrong it can stop sending boost pressure to the FPR which will make it run lean and cost me a lot of money

In the second pic you can just make out the FPR for size comparison
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers luke. is that a proper c20let one? its totally differnt to mine which is why i ask as i no mine is from another model

ile get some pics of mine tommorow

luke85

29th Nov 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the one I got with my C20LET and as far as i know its the original one. but I suppose as long as it keeps the EM light off theres no problem. The rolling road guys told me to leave it out, supposedly its to help start the car at ridiculously high temperatures, not had any problems in the year since its not been connected
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/c20let-tank-valve-switch-sensor_W0QQitemZ330193736616QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is this the fuel tank vent valve then?
luke85

29th Nov 07 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that looks like the one on mine, must weigh a lot more than mine though for 8 quid postage!
Ben ev

29th Nov 07 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. didnt notice that.
Ben ev

30th Nov 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checky bid on the tank vent valve just for fun really.
nic, sorted out the brain fart with the ew. about to stick the progress on my corsagsi.co.uk project thread.
Nic Barnes

30th Nov 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have a thread on sams site? crazy
Ben ev

30th Nov 07 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any reason? just mugging this one off coz about to loose my garage pics...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll