corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1995 Corsa - 1.4i - Excessive shuddering, revs stuck.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1995 Corsa - 1.4i - Excessive shuddering, revs stuck.
holywoodj

User status: Offline
29th Oct 07 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there, hope you can help,

My corsa has been struggling to start up for ages and I have no idea why. EML is on and it used to start up fine from cold and struggle on hot. But now when you start it up from either temperature there is made shuddering almost like the engine hasn't fully started up. Last night I couldn't reach over 20 up a hill in 1st gear and 2nd gear would roll me back down the hill, it simply couldn't rev enough, and the revs sounded a bit strange. And suddenly a massive shudder went off and i was zooming up the hill like a rally driver. I got up the hill in 4th gear and was back to normal. What the hell is going on? Any ideas.

[Edited on 29-10-2007 by holywoodj]
holywoodj

29th Oct 07 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any ideas?
Sunz

30th Oct 07 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like its missfiring, maybe faulty coil pack, leads maybe.

I was on 2 pistons for quite a wile in my 1.4 8v max speed was 35mph...
holywoodj

30th Oct 07 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what are these things parts you are suggesting are wrong, what is the coil pack/leads. I'm assuming it's the leads that go from that orange bit at the side of the engine onto the glow plugs? That right? (Not the best at technical terms) No idea what the coil pack is....
Sunz

30th Oct 07 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1995 with a dissy :S my 93 has a coil pack.

Yeah there the ht leads.
You have a distributor which are quite a common issue it seems with vauxhalls.
The distributor sends the spark to each of the four leads in an order, it sounds like the spark isent getting to the spark plugs and therefore your are only running on maybe 3 or even 2 pistons so it will be 700cc or 1050cc so this is the reason for the loss of power but thats just my idea I could be totally wrong.

Maybe get rac cover and call them out so they can find the fault with there machine and then ask the guys on hear there recommendations.

Glow plugs are in diesel cars, unless you have a 1.4i diesel which I'm quite sure wasent made.

coil pack is what has replaced the distrubtors now days.
good luck.
holywoodj

30th Oct 07 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I mean spark plugs... it is a petrol but them leads are on top of some kinda plug.

New Poll