corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help shuddering!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help shuddering!
gurney999

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i'm new to this so go easy on me. I own a corsa 1.0L which i believe has a problem. When i start the car from cold the rpm always drops dramatically to about 500 rpm causing the engine to shudder, generally the engine picks up and the revs go to 1000 rpm on its own, however when i let the accelerator off again and put the cluth in the revs lower again. On odd occasions the revs stay at 500 until i push the accelerator. This problem only occurs when the engine is cold and happily sits at 1000rpm when warm. Was just wandering if there is any advice on what may be causing this, how to cure it and whether it is anything i need to worry about, any replies greatfully recieved thanks. I also realise my explanation may be a bit confusing, sorry.
12vMatt

User status: Offline
23rd Feb 07 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know whether this is definitly the cause but try cleaning the ICV, theres plenty of threads on here telling you how to do it

New Poll