corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just got a PS3 - Have i done wrong - what a thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got a PS3 - Have i done wrong - what a thread
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Oct 07 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i did hope we were past this is better that is better crap, and realised both consoles were pretty equal in terms of power, the ps3 is more expensive but has stuff like blu ray, but doesnt have great games atm

And until that day I'm not buying one.

Well, the start of november is the start of the good games for PS3.

Blu-Ray is the main thing that gives PS3 the upper hand.

It enables better graphics, more content, more everything.

360 is crippled by the fact that more games are needing more space for the games. As i said, there is an article where Ubisoft say they may have to delay Assasins Creed because it cant fit on a dual layered DVD. (9GB)

EDIT: Steve, its a well known fact that Gears Of War, and Dead Rising and HALO 3 all used 3 cores of the 360.

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Linch]

im telling you now 100% GOW used 1 cores worth of processing power on the 360, its certainly not "well known" otherwise because its not true your just making shit up

and blu ray does not enable better graphics, seriously dude id shut up now you clearly dont have a clue what your talking about
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gavin
Until the PS starts producing decent games then i'll buy one.

November

Im going to end up spending a fortune
mk4_astra

14th Oct 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My god, a intelligent reply.

Thanks. Seriously.

Its a very good point that we cant tell who will win, but the fact is devlopers who do have money, more realisticly publishers like EA and Ubisoft are going to develop for the PS3 in the future, because they can make games look better than on 360. And we all know people buy the console that has better tech usually....

your welcome, you have a valid point expect you picked the 2 worst offenders for lazy porting, splinter cell is supposed to be unplayable in places on the ps3 due to it being such a poor port, BUT im sure they are focusing on ps3 only games now as they certainly have the funding.

im interested in what the ps3 has for it in the future, i certainly dont think its future looks bleak and i dont follow progress on its future games etc as i dont own one but i wouldnt be suprised if people are having this same arguement 1 year down the line with no real clear winner
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
i did hope we were past this is better that is better crap, and realised both consoles were pretty equal in terms of power, the ps3 is more expensive but has stuff like blu ray, but doesnt have great games atm

360 is crippled by the fact that more games are needing more space for the games. As i said, there is an article where Ubisoft say they may have to delay Assasins Creed because it cant fit on a dual layered DVD. (9GB)

EDIT: Steve, its a well known fact that Gears Of War, and Dead Rising and HALO 3 all used 3 cores of the 360.

im telling you now 100% GOW used 1 cores worth of processing power on the 360, its certainly not "well known" otherwise because its not true your just making shit up

and blu ray does not enable better graphics, seriously dude id shut up now you clearly dont have a clue what your talking about

To stop you two bickering, how about you actually find some proof?

And I don't mean a quote from some geeky 360 website. I mean some actual proof

One question that springs to mind is why not use all 3 cores? Why only use 1? Doesn't make sense that a games developer doesn't use all of the power available to them
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think the ps3's future is bleak either, i think because its late though, by the time it does produce the goods something better will be along from elsewhere
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS what the fuck is a core?
mk4_astra

14th Oct 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
One question that springs to mind is why not use all 3 cores? Why only use 1? Doesn't make sense that a games developer doesn't use all of the power available to them

because they needed gow 2 to have that wow factor
Marc

14th Oct 07 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dads just told me he read that Microsoft are no where near the 360's graphics capability at the moment.

Also, I don't think any of the 3 (people forget the Wii, but yes theres 3!!) will win the so called console wars. I think all 3 can survive happily and rival each other until the next breed of consoles comes along.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To stop you two bickering, how about you actually find some proof?

And I don't mean a quote from some geeky 360 website. I mean some actual proof

Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow a graph

Steve wins
John

14th Oct 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you make that in paint steve?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt make it, i found it on a gaming website a while ago when they compared the two consoles
Nath

14th Oct 07 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excel graphs FTW
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, post the link to that... And if its IGN, well, we all know IGN favour 360...
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sadly the details have been lost in image compression but you can still make it out pretty much
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i didnt make it, i found it on a gaming website a while ago when they compared the two consoles

Oh... so you just happened to SAVE that file, from a WHILE ago, just incase this arguement may magically crop up.

And i agree.... obviously done in Excel.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Steve, post the link to that... And if its IGN, well, we all know IGN favour 360...

it wasnt ign, but i cant remember which site it was from other wise i would post, i will try a google search

besides they are actual figures not someones opinion, not really much point arguing with them
John

14th Oct 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The graph is pretty useless tbh.

It picks out things like memory bandwidth being less, which has been discussed many times on here.

If it looks good on a graph though it must be a downfall.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what so im being accused of making that thing thats the best excuse iv heard yet

and yes i did save it exactly for these arguments, becuase they used to happen a lot

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Steve]
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That just backs up the fact that 360 owners are geeks

A graph about a game? Jesus
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly, im the first one to say its not about hardware, but linch here kept on about graphics this, power that, so it had to be done

look at the wii, its the most incapable of the lot yet is doing the best
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At around 40 seconds into the interview Mark Rein (head of EPIC) says "Using the extra CORES"

EDIT forgot link xD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3ulTrqDLyQ&mode=related&search=

Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
exactly, im the first one to say its not about hardware, but linch here kept on about graphics this, power that, so it had to be done

look at the wii, its the most incapable of the lot yet is doing the best

I think thats just parents buying for kids though. Most of th games are cartoonlike
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
At around 40 seconds into the interview Mark Rein (head of EPIC) says "Using the extra CORES"

EDIT forgot link xD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3ulTrqDLyQ&mode=related&search=

the games will use all three cores, and spread the processing power across them, but the fact is the total processing power equated to about that of one core
the vid never claimed they were maxing all three cores, because they werent

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Steve]
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So how many cores are being used?

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll