corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Just got a PS3 - Have i done wrong - what a thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got a PS3 - Have i done wrong - what a thread
Nath

User status: Offline
14th Oct 07 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FIFA08 on the PS3 is wank.
Marc

14th Oct 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks pretty though
Nath

14th Oct 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give you that.
ssj_kakarot

14th Oct 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm people saying the 360 has hidden costs for the extra stuff you get on the ps3, you do relize the 360 is cheaper to begin with dont you ?

kind of a mute point really.

any way 360 for me, the games are better whats the point in getting a console to NOT play games.

if i wanted a blu-ray player i would buy a standalone machine.
danny_vx

14th Oct 07 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should have got an Elite IMO.
Bullet Proof SRi

14th Oct 07 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WII are ok for a laugh , but going on past results it will be around for 2 years then will go bye bye, just like the n64, cube. They just dont sem to last.

PS2 beat the X-box.

Int theory the PS3 should beat the x-box 360, yes the x-box has alot of games out but from what i have heard in alot of mags the PS3 has loads more potential then a 360. and is apparently alot more powerfull, they just need to figure out how to use it.

thats why ive gone for the ps3, dont get me wrong i was in two minds to get the 360, but after seeing it running in a few shops i didnt think it looked mind blowing.

Marc

14th Oct 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you could be right about the PS3 out lasting the 360. You never know though.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bullet Proof SRi
WII are ok for a laugh , but going on past results it will be around for 2 years then will go bye bye, just like the n64, cube. They just dont sem to last.

PS2 beat the X-box.

Int theory the PS3 should beat the x-box 360, yes the x-box has alot of games out but from what i have heard in alot of mags the PS3 has loads more potential then a 360. and is apparently alot more powerfull, they just need to figure out how to use it.

thats why ive gone for the ps3, dont get me wrong i was in two minds to get the 360, but after seeing it running in a few shops i didnt think it looked mind blowing.

trust me the ps3 is not any more powerful then the 360, i can grab some benchmark stats if you really want me to, i dont want to post them really as it will probably start arguments

that mag sounds very biased

like i said the ps2 used to be the best console on the market, but its not the case now, sony have lost out this time, and it wont be long before something from MS comes out thats better again, probably with DX10

its too little too late by sony

im not saying dont get a ps3, im saying its no better for gaming or graphics etc than the 360 like what you have read

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Steve]
ssj_kakarot

14th Oct 07 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh theres only so much graphics can do, i dont see how there can be such a big thing about graphics between the two consoles.

there both on par with each other, i cant see how the ps3 could be so different in terms of graphics even if the "power" is unleqashed.

theres a limit really, if it doe get better its not going to be anyhting mind boggling.

Nath

14th Oct 07 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've yet to see a console game with better graphics than Gears of War, a 360 game.
Marc

14th Oct 07 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Assassins Creed looked pretty impresive earlier.
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do realise that the 60GB PS3 is now 350 quid!

AND the PS3's Cell Processor also supports its GPU, making the 360's GPU no better. Also the fact that the 360 is easy to develop for is a bad thing, it means its old tech, that they cannot make anything AMAZING from it because there is no hidden depth to its tech, like there is to the CELL.

And lets all remember that 360 only uses DirectX9... DirectX10 is out for PC's now.

360 elite is around the 300 quid area.

Features of the 360 elite £300 =

Black Console
120GB HDD
HDMI v1.2

Features of the 60GB PS3 £350 =

Black Console
Blu-Ray (which helps games, just search Assasins Creed, its been delayed because it wont fit on to DVD.)
Wireless
Free PS Online
60GB HDD (Only sony compress stuff so it actually fits on your HDD).
2 Free Games (First Party so Resistance and Motorstorm or Heavenly Sword, aka the best games on PS3, and look at Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword, they beat 360's graphics.)
and HDMI v1.3

Okay...

So....

360 Elite + HDDVD+ Wireless + Xbox Live =

Nearly £500!

With NO games!

Now...

We should all know that Blu-Ray is winning the war between BD and HDDVD, and it IS the superior format.

The best looking game on the 360 is Gears of War.

It took a year for that game to come out, and its been a year and no game on that console beats it. Not even the over hyped HALO 3.

Now, look 9 months down the line for PS3 games! (Heck Resistance and Motorstorm were at launch.)

And now we have the best on the PS3 for graphics, Killzone 2, which comes out early next year.

Now look at the best on the 360...

Also UT3 comes out for PS3, and is running on the same graphics engine as Gears of War, and even better looking....
This proves that PS3 can handle the best the 360 has to offer...

PS3 is superior, and at the end of the year when Uncharted, Haze, Ratchet and Clank come out, PS3 will be on top. After all the only good game this christmas for 360 is Mass Effect.

Lets not forget that the 360 has a bad case of the gremlins. It breaks very easily. Just because you try and play a damn game on it.

NOW! I own BOTH consoles so dont be all "blah blah blah fanboy."

Both are great. But PS3 is more reliable, has better tech, and WILL have the better games.

But AT THIS MOMENT the 360 has more and better games.

However, i expect within 1-2 years a new XBOX will be out, and within 6-8 years a new PS.

This is because of the hardware in PS3, it is so unknown, it means there is so much potential.

But, no you DID NOT make a bad choice. PS3 is superior, will not break easily, and will have better games come next year.

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Linch]
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

linch im sorry but your talking a load of crap

edited to say most of your points are a load of rubbish, like being easy to develop being a bad thing, the ps3 IS crippled by a badly designed memory bus, the 360 DOES have a better gpu with different chipset features

[Edited on 14-10-2007 by Steve]
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Please explain.

As you have not backed up your arguement at all.

EDIT: Steve, the fact that developers are reaching the best the 360 has to offer is a bad thing. It means there is no depth to the hardware. It will be outdated by next year. Meaning you just wasted your money.

PS3's hardware is hard to devlop yes, but when the time is put in, superior graphics and games will come out. Just look at the pictures. It is obvious.

Nath

14th Oct 07 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also that Gears of War picture you've used as an example looks shit. The game is blatantly better than that pic.
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Also that Gears of War picture you've used as an example looks shit. The game is blatantly better than that pic.

Sorry mate, thats even with the new updated engine....

Thats a picture of the map pack released in June....

And it was the best picture i could find that was actually IN GAME. Not just a random render.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
quote:

Please explain.

As you have not backed up your arguement at all.

EDIT: Steve, the fact that developers are reaching the best the 360 has to offer is a bad thing. It means there is no depth to the hardware. It will be outdated by next year. Meaning you just wasted your money.

PS3's hardware is hard to devlop yes, but when the time is put in, superior graphics and games will come out. Just look at the pictures. It is obvious.

the 360 is not near its limits, gears of war only used 1 core of the 3 core cpu on the 360 there is a lot of development yet in the 360
mk4_astra

14th Oct 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

linch you just cannot say the ps3 will be getting the better games etc, for now the 360 is the safe bet in terms of making money off games and it costs a hell of a lot less to make games on it compared to the ps3.

the ps3 could well knock the 360 off the lead board but as you said it a pig to work on/develop. ok people like a challenge but only the biggest game developers have big enough pockets to take on the challenge and win.

imo its still to early to tel which is the right console to pick, and yes i own a 360 but use my mates ps3 alot
Nath

14th Oct 07 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance is that the best pic. It helps back your PS3 arguement, that's why you used it.

The game DOES look better than that pic. Easily better.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did hope we were past this is better that is better crap, and realised both consoles were pretty equal in terms of power, the ps3 is more expensive but has stuff like blu ray, but doesnt have great games atm
Nath

14th Oct 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i did hope we were past this is better that is better crap, and realised both consoles were pretty equal in terms of power, the ps3 is more expensive but has stuff like blu ray, but doesnt have great games atm

And until that day I'm not buying one.
Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
linch you just cannot say the ps3 will be getting the better games etc, for now the 360 is the safe bet in terms of making money off games and it costs a hell of a lot less to make games on it compared to the ps3.

the ps3 could well knock the 360 off the lead board but as you said it a pig to work on/develop. ok people like a challenge but only the biggest game developers have big enough pockets to take on the challenge and win.

imo its still to early to tel which is the right console to pick, and yes i own a 360 but use my mates ps3 alot

My god, a intelligent reply.

Thanks. Seriously.

Its a very good point that we cant tell who will win, but the fact is devlopers who do have money, more realisticly publishers like EA and Ubisoft are going to develop for the PS3 in the future, because they can make games look better than on 360. And we all know people buy the console that has better tech usually....

Linch

14th Oct 07 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:

And until that day I'm not buying one.

Well, the start of november is the start of the good games for PS3.

Blu-Ray is the main thing that gives PS3 the upper hand.

It enables better graphics, more content, more everything.

360 is crippled by the fact that more games are needing more space for the games. As i said, there is an article where Ubisoft say they may have to delay Assasins Creed because it cant fit on a dual layered DVD. (9GB)

EDIT: Steve, its a well known fact that Gears Of War, and Dead Rising and HALO 3 all used 3 cores of the 360.

Gavin
Premium Member

14th Oct 07 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As it currently stands... IMO the 360 is better!

I was a so called die hard PS fan and never went near the xbox! However, I went for a 360 in Jan after hearing the PS3 was being delayed... AGAIN!

I remember a few months back when PS fans were saying that Sony would never lower the price of the PS... blah blah blah. Oh!!! looks like they changed their mind.
Sony are after the xmas sales and know that the PS was well overpriced!

Until the PS starts producing decent games then i'll buy one.

Yeah, Gears isnt pushing the limits of the 360 in terms of graphics but the gameplay is awsome! So too is Halo 3! I've had gears since Jan!!! and I still play it regularly, I can see the same for Halo 3! These are TOP titles... and hard to beat IMO.

I guess time will tell whether or not the PS can produce games with better gameplay and graphics... but at the moment, the 360 is ahead and still has room for improvement

pew pew pew pewwwww
Matt H

14th Oct 07 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are some 360 games so cheap anyway? Was in Woolworths the other day & they had them for like £7.48

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll