corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  67    68    69    70    71    72    73  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Corsa_Scotty

User status: Offline
18th Sep 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be able to live with bucket seats mate as long as your not massive built Mine are comfy as fook!
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Sep 10 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
You will be able to live with bucket seats mate as long as your not massive built Mine are comfy as fook!

Im only little so no problems there ....stop tempting me with these expensive ideas lol
SamCorsaB

19th Sep 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you like it with what your doing other wise it will be a ball ache to sell and change back.

[Edited on 19-09-2010 by SamCorsaB]
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SamCorsaB
Hope you like it with what your doing other wise it will be a ball ache to sell and change back. :thumbs

Yeah thats why I've taken the seats out now, before I order the cage incase it starts to piss me off lol. Its not bothered me at all though so the cage will be ordered at the end of the month

Got a few bits and bobs done today. Nothing too exciting, just some things which have needed to be sorted.

Ever since I first finished the conversion the coolant temp has always been very low. When driving to work and back the temp wouldnt go above 85. Its been worrying me for a while and I wanted to get it sorted before the weather started getting colder. So I asked on here and I was told it was probably the thermostat. So I got a new one of those ordered along with a new CTS as the new one I bought from Vaux had the wrong connector on it and I had to bodge it on which wasnt the best.

The thermostat didnt look the best so I gave it a light rub down and a couple of coats of silver hammerite Looked loads better after! So today I decided to crack on with getting them both changed. I drained the coolant out and started to undo the thermostat bolts when two of the buggers snapped off argh. So we ended up taking the whole thermostat housing off, whacking it in the vice and getting them out that way lol. Thank god we didn't have to drill them out! Got it all fitted back on with new gaskets, sealant, nice shiny bolts etc and the new CTS fitted -

Sorted the problem completely! It now runs at a much better temperature of 91 degrees. Chuffed!

Next up was my exhaust again! This has been driving me mental since I've had the car back on the road. no matter what I did the exhaust would keep knocking against the rear bumper. I've trimmed the bumper, raised the bumper up, moved the exhaust brackets etc and the bugger still did it! Made me going mental with the saw and cutting a big fuck off hole in the bumper might have stopped it then lol!

I didn't want to go cutting anymore of the bumper off so I decided to try some new exhaust rubbers I went for some nice powerflex ones with multiple height settings

All fitted!

Excuse the little bit of rust above the tailpipe lol. Need to get that sorted at some point.

The exhaust is nice and stiff now + its moved it over that extra few mm so it doesn't rub anymore touch wood! Just need to fit my mid box ones now

[Edited on 20-09-2010 by shaunmods]
AlexW

19th Sep 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evetually you sorted the pics lmfao

You still havnt changed the cts plug
shaunmods
Premium Member

19th Sep 10 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Evetually you sorted the pics lmfao

You still havnt changed the cts plug

lmao it took me 3 goes to get them right

I knoww Reckon vaux will sell the plugs seperate? Its alright for the minute though.
AlexW

19th Sep 10 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will do the plastic bit without the pins i bet. Catch my arse on msn and il sort ya
Dale

19th Sep 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good shaun
barney1.6sport

20th Sep 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't get over how clean everything is on this car :O:O
So much work put into it!
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys

Also, the bloody exhaust has started hitting ths bumper again FFS! It was fine yesterday but today is back to its old ways Im going to sort this once and for all tomorrow. I don't care how long it takes me Its literally driving me mad lol.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

20th Sep 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice little update Shaun,hope you sort that exhaust out!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
thegsi

21st Sep 10 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"excuse the bit of rust near the exhaust"

Only on CS will you find someone with a car as mint as this needing to appoligise for a tint bit of rust where no one will see to avoid being ridiculed by idiots!
Sean-B

24th Sep 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun your display picture is amazing.

You really have the best looking corsa I've ever seen. It looks too perfect
AlexW

24th Sep 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun did you sort the exhaust?

shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Sep 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol jay I thought I better post something or someone was bound to say something about it

Cheers Sean I do aim to please lmao

Alex its sorted now yes! I tried messing about with the rubbers to try and get it to sit different but I couldn't get it right. So I ended up enlarging the exhaust cut out with the dremel slightly and its sweet now!

Almost finished running it in now as well finally lol. I've got about another 100 miles max to go so fingers crossed it will be ready for its first oil and filter change next weekend. I've opened it up a couple of times this week for the first time as well. Goes well! Can't wait to try it out properly now.

The plans for the weekend are to change my drive belt. I've got a cheap one on their at the minute and its started squeeking so I've bought a GM one Might have a go at fitting my black carpet as well if the weathers nice!
Piér

24th Sep 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love to come to some of the west mids meets just to see your car, and if sean still had his, his as well! Some of the cleanest corsa's on here and in the west mids!
Everytime I see one of your updates I'm impressed! so much attention to detail
wantsacorsachris

24th Sep 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well only been on the site a couple of days and just finally finished reading your thread
and what a inspiration made me want a corsa even more.
will have to save first though.
It will be my first car at 22 lol
had company cars sp this will be my first for my self.
keep up the good work and even if you swap cars i can tell the next car will be as good
taylor2008

26th Sep 10 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking nice shaun, havent sein it for a while looks spot on tho mate
John G

26th Sep 10 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i voted sports seats retrimed centres white, bolsters black like marklawton had in his rio verde corsa, but id do the headrests black too

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by John G]
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Sep 10 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments lads

Piér, We've got a WM meet coming up soon mate! Check the region for some more info. Would be great to see some new faces

wantsacorsachris, cheers for taking the time to read it. I'll have to keep an eye out for your future project dude!

Thanks Taylor, Yeah its been a while ain't it! Glad to hear your carrying on with yours btw! Just had a quick look at your thread and the updates look great!

Liking that idea john! - Would love something like this -

Expensive stuff though Maybe one day when I win the lotto

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by shaunmods]
John G

26th Sep 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all in due time mate, no rush
12valver

26th Sep 10 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An interior like that would top it off... Would look fantastic done like that
FruitBooTeR

27th Sep 10 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Shaun!

Done so much since I last saw this car in person..everything looks great and plans for the interior sound brill!

Do you know you first started this project 3 years ago the other day? Been working on it non stop aswell lol
marklawton

27th Sep 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

just keep an eye out for a second hand set mate, i manage to win my set off ebay for £117. was in good condition aswell
rickiek123

27th Sep 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods

just keep an eye out for a second hand set mate, i manage to win my set off ebay for £117. was in good condition aswell

sure there my old seats!

<<  67    68    69    70    71    72    73  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2456391 seconds