corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  68    69    70    71    72    73    74  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Piér

User status: Offline
28th Sep 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun I would, even though Gloucester is part of WM the meeting place for the next meet is 75 miles away! All of you in WM are too far away
MarkSport

17th Oct 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(also available with white, black and gold centres )

FAZ
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the speedlines
MarkSport

17th Oct 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He isnt changing them , i just done that shop for him
FAZ
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before he does
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Oct 10 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rickiek123
quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Liking that idea john! - Would love something like this -

Expensive stuff though Maybe one day when I win the lotto

[Edited on 26-09-2010 by shaunmods]

just keep an eye out for a second hand set mate, i manage to win my set off ebay for £117. was in good condition aswell

sure there my old seats!

They are Rick, thats the picture you sent me out of your missus' car, before I came grabbed them off you! My old seats too, now belong to another member on here Jeffers500

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only just noticed that pic Mark! Not usually into the euro style but they do look very tasty Bet they are expensive though lol.

Long time no update

Not had much to report really. A couple of weeks back I finally completed my 500 miles of running in So it was given its first oil and filter change. I used mineral oil for the running in but I've used semi-synthetic Mobil high performance stuff this time. Loving being able to give it some beans finally! The rebuild has made a big difference, it pulls a noticeably harder than it did before so I'm chuffed. The exhaust note sounds soo nice as well now its been decat'ed! Might try and get some videos of the car at some point.

As mentioned before I'm planning to get a cage for the corsa I did want to have one by now but its not gone to plan. I wanted one made up by MPS Peformance as I'd heard nothing but good reviews about them. However, I've found them to be completely useless. After ringing them everyday for two weeks, leaving messages, emailing them and being promised calls back I've heard nothing! So I'm just keeping a close eye on the classifieds and ebay at the moment for one that tickles my fancy.

Anyhoo heres a quick update of some goodies I got today Since I stripped out the rear and took out my sub I've not been happy with my speaker setup. I'd forgot how crap the standard speakers are! So I got hunting around for some new door speakers I've seen a couple of people off here use theloudest.co.uk so I thought I'd check their website out. A big thanks goes to Phillips_91 who have me a discount code which meant I got my stuff half price! I only intended to get some speakers but as the deal was so good I decided to get an amp and a better spec wiring kit as my current one isn't best.

This morning I had a nice parcel turn up

- 2x 130mm 350w door speakers
- 1000w two channel amp
- AMP wiring kit

A couple of pics of the goodies

Fantastic company to deal with! Very fast delivery and they even gave me a load of free merchandise which was nice. Can't wait to get it all fitted and see how it sounds I'll be fitting my black carpet at the same time as well! I did want to start it today but its hammering it down here today, fingers crossed its nicer tomorrow!

[Edited on 26-10-2010 by shaunmods]
MarkSport

26th Oct 10 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice mate, have you got the adapters for the doors? as iirc they catch on the window if you just position them to the door.

also it may be a wise idea to get some of that sound deadening for your doors to stop any vibration

oh and them wheels are £600 with tyres
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good update Shaun!

Where you thinking of putting amp? Hope you get it sorted and sounding awesome

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Phillips_91

26th Oct 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh you got them then mate let me know what they sound like as i want to buy some off there myself and whether or not theres room in the door speakers to put the next size up, or wether they only just fit etc cheers mate
Danny
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys Not got any adaptors yet mark. Thought I'd trial fit them first quickly just to make sure I definitely need them.

I was planning on putting the amp under the seat but after reading the instructions it specifically says not to do that lol. So I'm thinking one of the rear foot wells? Got no rear seats anymore so I'm thinking it will be tucked out the way nicely down there without the risk of getting too hot.

Phillips_91, I'll definitely let you know mate. If nothing else the service from them has been fantastic. Fingers crossed the sound quality is equally as good

Fingers crossed I'll be able to crack in with it tomorrow!
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good! Keep us updated Shaun

Minty_Fresh

26th Oct 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought you was planning on stripping it out or am i wrong?

also those are lensos in the picture mark did and are about £500 new or something, very cheap for what they are..
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Oct 10 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500 Sounds very cheap that. The back seats have been taken out now yeah, still got the door cards etc still in though.
Minty_Fresh

26th Oct 10 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok maybe £399 (black)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12261/referer/rc_googleproduct.html

or £429 (white)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/12263/referer/rc_googleproduct.html

[Edited on 26-10-2010 by Minty_Fresh]
Sean-B

28th Oct 10 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noo don't ruin it the same way LukeD did with silly pish wheels.
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
noo don't ruin it the same way LukeD did with silly pish wheels.

Don't worry Sean I'm not Not really into euro style stuff to be honest.
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More progress made

Seeing as the weather was so nice yesterday I decided to crack on with getting my new goodies fitted. A huge thanks goes to Marksport who came down and helped me get everything fitted. Cheers again mate So the first thing I did was to check the speakers actually fitted, which they didn't lol. So I went down to Halfords first thing and bought a pair of adaptors for them. I then started stripping the interior down, removing all the plastics etc.

Mark then turned up to help me remove the seats and carpet

We then removed all my old sub woofer wiring and began laying out the new wiring kit how we wanted it -

Now we had the new wiring kit in place ready to be connected up we set about fitting my new black sport carpet My old grey carpet was really letting the inside of the car down, its made a massive difference I reckon!

Laid in place

We then fed the wiring through the heated seat hole on the passenger side ready to connect to the new amp

Speakers were next to go in with my nice new adaptor plates

We then connected it all up and got all the interior back in place. Heres a quick pic of how the finished product looks with my carpet in. Also note the chrome door handles which were fitting a couple of weeks back

Also a quick pic of where we put the amp. I decided to go with the P/S rear footwell and its been velcro'd down to the floor mat

Overall I'm really pleased with it to be honest. 100% better than my old setup. Just playing with the settings at the moment to get it how I want it

Finally a quick pic of my latest purchase, an OMP rear strut brace which I bought off GregGsi

Just need to get it sprayed up and fitted properly now

[Edited on 16-12-2010 by shaunmods]
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beautiful Shaun!

Really good update mate,looks so much better

Phillips_91

28th Oct 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it mate so whats the sound like? is there room to fit the next size up or did they just about fit?
MarkSport

28th Oct 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woo, pics look great mate... that earth wire was a F***ER

Makes a massive improvement aswell
Piér

28th Oct 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a lot better Shaun I really like it
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice update! why did you put the amp on the mat rather than out the way under the seat sean?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
DannyB
Premium Member

28th Oct 10 at 19:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I'd get that amp hidden aswell, you never know what cunt might walk past and fancy it. Get it secured properly aswell as if the worst does happen and you crash that velcro wil do fuck all and that amp will turn in to a weapon.
MarkSport

28th Oct 10 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

overheating issues daz, the box warned us of this so we kept it safe to allow air to get to it

<<  68    69    70    71    72    73    74  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2140710 seconds