corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  130    131    132    133    134    135    136  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Brad35

User status: Offline
27th May 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the same problem with mine.

The engineer who did the skim said it had warped down to the welding. Just put a steel ruler against the face and shine a tourch. The gap on mine was pretty big. On the same part yours has been leaking

Beardy is a nice guy and offerd to refund me the cost of the skim. Said mine must have been a one of as hed sold loads with no complaints
Mark.W

27th May 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fingers crossed for you Shaun
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th May 13 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brad35
Had the same problem with mine.

The engineer who did the skim said it had warped down to the welding. Just put a steel ruler against the face and shine a tourch. The gap on mine was pretty big. On the same part yours has been leaking

Beardy is a nice guy and offerd to refund me the cost of the skim. Said mine must have been a one of as hed sold loads with no complaints

Ahh thanks for that Brad! Yes my is the same. When I put a ruler against it there is a clear gap! I'll take it down first thing in the morning and hopefully then can do it for me then as I need to take it for powdercoating in the afternoon.

I'll speak to Beardy after I've had an engineer look and it and see what he says

Cheers Mark. Hopefully all this sorts it once and for all

[Edited on 27-05-2013 by shaunmods]
BeArDy

28th May 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just found this post, i think i have had 3-5 which have done this now. I have changed the way its welded to resolve any more problems.

As said about, ship the inlet back and i will exhange it OR get it skimmed and i will refund you the cost.

Hope this helps
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
Just found this post, i think i have had 3-5 which have done this now. I have changed the way its welded to resolve any more problems.

As said about, ship the inlet back and i will exhange it OR get it skimmed and i will refund you the cost.

Hope this helps

Thanks for commenting Beardy

I took the inlet to an a local engine place this morning but they said that they would not be able to get it on their machine to skim it Unfortunately my daily driver has had to go away for repairs so I've not been able to try anywhere else yet. With PVS next week today was my only chance to take the inlet for powdercoating because my friend kindly offered to take me so that I would have it back in time to get it all rebuilt over the weekend. So I'll maybe have to worry about skimming afterwards.

While I was buying all new gaskets from Vauxhall this morning I got chatting to them about the problem and they suggested some Wynn's black gasket maker which I was able to pick up just down the road luckily. They suggested this might be a good way to try and get the throttle body to seal?

[Edited on 28-05-2013 by shaunmods]
BeArDy

28th May 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u you some advice pal.
Let me know if i can help in any way.
Sean

28th May 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got a ruler against it and seen how bad it is? maybe try doubling up on the gaskets? seeing as they are paper they might compress enough to seal, not ideal and only a temp fix but it would be a shame not to make it to PVS
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th May 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Appreciate the help Beardy Thank you for that!

Sean I will give that a try mate thanks It WILL be at pvs one way or another lol!
Sean

28th May 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to be worth a try! I hope it works for you. Surprising they couldn't clamp it for skimming though guy that does our stuff from work can pretty much skim anything he's got some old skool tools though
Brad35

29th May 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy

Hope this helps

Can i have the cost of my skim refunded then please
shaunmods
Premium Member

31st May 13 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got everything needed to build it all back up now New gaskets sourced from Vauxhall. The bloke nearly gave me a heart attack saying they don't make the lower inlet gaskets anymore! Luckily another bloke that worked there dug a bit deeper and managed to find me one. Also got some black gasket maker to try and get the throttle body to seal against the inlet

Picked up the inlet this morning from the Powdercoaters Had it done the same colour as my rocker cover

PVS ticket and pass! Just need to get the car going now lol

Bodyshop hasn't started my bumper yet though Been down today to remind them that I need it by friday at the lastest. They have promised to get it done so fingers crossed

[Edited on 31-05-2013 by shaunmods]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

31st May 13 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice mate.

That's a fancy show pass.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Jordancorsab
Premium Member

31st May 13 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good mate, the black gasket makers good stuff, used it on my dads pajero wish I could come see this at pvs ill see it one day!
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys

Its bloody fixed!!! Finally after a year I think I've finally cracked it *touch wood*

Now that I had all the bits to put it together I got straight on it Saturday morning before work. Within a couple of hours I managed to get the lower inlet back on, fuel lines reconnected etc

I gave the inlet a fresh coat of silver paint while it was off seeing as I'm not planning taking it back of again

This morning me and my dad built up the OPD inlet. Beardy advised me to use a file to find the high spots on the end face. We didn't managed to get it perfectly flat but definitely improved it. Then I used a thicker gasket that I had made previously along with a thin bead of the black gasket maker either side to ensure a good seal.

I got it all refitted and started it up! It was miss firing badly at first like it last time I first fitted it. The exhaust was popping and banging like mad sounding like when it was cammed and it seemed to be overfueling. I let it idle for a couple of minutes and it sorted itself out luckily I then took it for a quick drive around the estate and it drove absolutely fine! So happy right now, brought a huge smile to my face being able to drive it without this damn airleak

Heres some photos of it all built back up

And one after a good wash ready for some detailing next week for PVS

Cant wait for next weekend now! Just need my bumper back and its good to go!
NathanR

2nd Jun 13 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Shaun! Well chuffed for you now it's finally running properly. That inlet looks smarter than the other one too, I like the OPD stamp on the top!

Can't wait till next weekend now, I'll have to give you a ring in the week or something and let you know about times for Saturday to meet at the travel lodge and stuff !
Generation

2nd Jun 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally!!!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally!!! Nice work Shaun

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol cheers lads

Nath I prefer this one as well mate. Its got a lot more clearance for the strut brace so I can actually reverse properly without it hitting it lol. But yeah give me a bell whenever dude its going to be so good
FAZ
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

about time
vx-scottw
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woohoo just in time too
Mark.W

2nd Jun 13 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So pleased you have managed to sort it Shaun
CORSAb GSi rep

2nd Jun 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woop woop finally looking forward to seeing this next week
BenC1985

2nd Jun 13 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love this car and have never seen it in person so i cant wait for pvs!!! Do these inlets really make as much difference as everyone says? If they do i may get one and a 4-1 on my x14xe.
AlexW

2nd Jun 13 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad its finally solved, Hopefully stays that way.

Ben, they really change how it drives, Well worth getting one, I really recommend getting one, Don't get a 4-1 though, 4-2-1 is best.
BenC1985

2nd Jun 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What will ground clearance be like with the manifold though? My cars quite low. Lol Im definatly going to get an OPD inlet and powdercoat it black, just need to get a decent manifold.

<<  130    131    132    133    134    135    136  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.2290959 seconds