corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  133    134    135    136    137  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Christopher

User status: Offline
30th Aug 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun please say your coming to trax?
BeetleGav

30th Aug 13 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recon its time to change the wheels or something. Or break it.
cayenne15
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he's coming to trax and will be convoying down with me in mine
Generation

30th Aug 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I was thinking tbh. It's been perfect for quite a while now, other than maintain it, or drastic changes there's not going to be many updates.
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Aug 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry guys been away for a few days so I've only just seen this

As said there is nothing else planned for the car now really. I mainly just want to keep it as clean possible and maintain its condition I'll probably look at building a LET for it in the long term future but thats about it. Definitely not breaking it though Gav I'll never sell it!

But yeah I'll be at Trax with it next Sunday Can't wait for it now! I'll get the car back out next week at some point and give it a good going over so its looking its best
BeetleGav

30th Aug 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the wheels for a new spin on the motor I say. Some new shoes would do it good. Make a change from the reebok classics
gez bay

1st Sep 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks fantastic Shaun. Can't believe you've still got it lol. You had this just after I had my corsa, I remember your thread.

Is this just your show car now? Do you have a daily driver car?

[Edited on 01-09-2013 by gez bay]
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Sep 13 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any suggestions Gav? Would have to be something very special to get me to change the Speedlines as they are my favorite wheel

Gez yeah had it over 6 years now mate Mad how time flies! Yours was the one that inspired me to go for a 1.6 It just comes out just for shows at the minute and I use my work van as my daily. When the insurance drops on it a bit I'll straight insuring it on a 12 month policy again so I can use it more on weekends etc

Getting it back out in a minute! Haven't touched it in a while so hopefully it starts
chrisr195

1st Sep 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

compomotive mo's maybe, but in my opinion its perfect. a master piece.
BeetleGav

1st Sep 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
compomotive mo's maybe, but in my opinion its perfect. a master piece.

That's the wheel I was going to suggest too. Still something in white but just different
I think tarmacs would look great but not sure if they do anything smaller than 17s

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39358
craig55

1st Sep 13 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compomotive th2
flybikeslee

9th Sep 13 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
lee always trying to lure people away from the corsa scene

you know i speak sense!
krazeddd

2nd Jan 14 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read this from start to finish, what an inspiration!!
Ricky352

7th Jan 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's a stunning car, enjoyed seeing this at Billing.
Kieran
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still got this? Any updates?
shaunmods
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got it mate yes It only escapes from the garage a handful of times a year these days though

The only thing that I've done to since the last update was to fit some front coilovers which I bought from Dan when he stripped his car.

Here's how they looked when I got them off Dan. Still in great working order just needed a good clean and freshen up.

I stripped the coilovers completely and set about cleaning them up I soaked the bodies in Deox-C overnight to get all the surface rust off them which left me with this -

Then I prepped them for paint. I gave them 3 good coats of zinc primer to try and help stop any future rust followed by 2 coats of high build to fill any little imperfections. Then I painted then in Ford Champagne Gold Metallic to try and match the GAZ rear coilovers

The springs were sent off to be powdercoated in gloss black and here's how they looked once put back together

I got them fitted to the car the week before Billing. Heres a few photos of it at the show

Thats all that has happened really! It will be back out for Trax in September then thats it until next year

[Edited on 13-08-2014 by shaunmods]
Jason x
Premium Member

12th Aug 14 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably my favourite B of all time, seems a shame that It doesn't see the road much
SeanXE

13th Aug 14 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan as in Mr. Turner? The ebay jobbie coilys? How you finding them?
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SeanXE
Dan as in Mr. Turner? The ebay jobbie coilys? How you finding them?

Yeah off Dan Turners old beast They're the FK AK's. The ride quality is so much better than the Jamex stuff I had on the front before! Can't really say handling wise yet
johnny86
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun my corsa is nearly the same as yours. Well the outside anyway. Steinmetz skirts gsi front but I got post rear.
Generation

13th Aug 14 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do like this, and amount of work is impressive.

Just got a bit bored of seeing it (without trying to sound harsh) it just always parked up at shows looking the same
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Shaun my corsa is nearly the same as yours. Well the outside anyway. Steinmetz skirts gsi front but I got post rear.

Any pics mate? Don't think I've seen it before.

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Just got a bit bored of seeing it (without trying to sound harsh) it just always parked up at shows looking the same

Cheers and no offence taken don't worry I know what you mean as not a lot has changed at all over the last few years. Just not sure where to go with it now to be honest. I don't want to start changing the styling as I'm scared I'll ruin it and I don't use it enough to warrant chucking ££££ at it for something like a c20let We'll see what happens.
johnny86
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
quote:
Originally posted by johnny86

Any pics mate? Don't think I've seen it before.

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

Cheers and no offence taken don't worry I know what you mean as not a lot has changed at all over the last few years. Just not sure where to go with it now to be honest. I don't want to start changing the styling as I'm scared I'll ruin it and I don't use it enough to warrant chucking ££££ at it for something like a c20let We'll see what happens.

Isn't built yet mate will be the day before trax mate
Generation

13th Aug 14 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you didn't take
It the wrong way, it's been done perfectly.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Aug 14 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe how bad them coileys got. Did a grand job making them look like new again mate.

Car looks great as usual.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread

<<  133    134    135    136    137  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1437390 seconds