corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  129    130    131    132    133    134    135  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Apr 13 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Scott!
pagey

16th Apr 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well deserved feature shaun, great attention to detail.

Fantastic Car, great read
M Sutton

16th Apr 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought it the other day and the pics and write up are great!
andys sxi
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to read this but i went to tescos where i noramlly see it and they never had it, im going there later so hopefully they will have it

April 08 feature car
John G

17th Apr 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Haha trust John to notice that.

The noise in deeply inplanted into my mind after 4/5 years of corsa ownership over 3 corsa's features class buddy, well done
Col004

18th Apr 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
Just need to speak to Total Vauxhall now to see if they will give me the photos from the shoot Would love to have a couple put onto some canvases for my room!

If you still have the photographers number then asks him. Just drop him a text or something mate. The guy who did mine (Matt Barns) just sent me all the raw pictures that was took on the day on a CD. I got around 300 hi-res pics.
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 20:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update

Well I decided it was about time I dragged the Corsa back out the garage and started getting it ready for PVS! Only a few bits and bobs to sort luckily. The rear bumper which was damaged when I changed my exhaust has gone off to the bodyshop for respraying, hopefully I'll have that back soon.

The other main thing I need to sort is this damn airleak problem! I've been trying to fix it for a year now I decided the next thing to try was a new inlet. So I ordered a new OPD powerbox inlet from ebay. Unfortunately there was a problem with the delivery which meant it took nearly a month to get here which was a bit of a bugger. This morning I decided to do a mock fit to see if it would actually fix the problem. Had it on within half an hour. I was a bit annoyed that I had to dent the bulk head to get it on though! At first the car was overfueling like mad Black smoke coming out the exhaust and sounded lumpy as hell! That seemed to sort itself out after a bit but annoyingly this hasnt fixed the airleak problem

Pics of it trial fitted. Excuse the mess of the engine bay at the minute The inlet will be powdercoated and all the vac lines etc will be completely redone neatly.

On the plus side this inlet has a lot more clearance on the strut brace bar now which is a bonus as it used to touch before when reversing/ragging it

So now the only other thing that can be causing this revving problem is the lower inlet! Thats the only thing that I haven't changed now. The plan for tomorrow is to try and check to see if the bolts on the lower inlet are tight. Had anyone got any pointers on how to do this with the engine in the car? I can see it being a complete pain in the arse to get any tools in there

AlexW

25th May 13 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its possible to change the lower inlet while the engines in, I did so on Chris F's, when searching for his air leak, Found nothing.

Needs some more investigation IMO.
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
Its possible to change the lower inlet while the engines in, I did so on Chris F's, when searching for his air leak, Found nothing.

Needs some more investigation IMO.

I really am loosing the will to live with it Alex I've tried -

New upper inlet gasket (with and without sealant)
New throttle body gasket (with and without sealant)
New throttle body
New vac lines
New Brake servo pipe
New ICV
New TPS
New upper inlet

Its driving me batty Any pointers for accessing the lower inlet bolts mate?

[Edited on 25-05-2013 by shaunmods]
AlexW

25th May 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the view of it not being an airleak, same as Chris's. That was solved by luck rather than judgement however.

I don't remember it being that much of a bastard, Had powerbox off, Various use of extensions, long and short socket and a small ratchet I think.

I assume you'll be at PVS with it? I hope to be there so will have to have a look and give you my thoughts.

[Edited on 25-05-2013 by AlexW]
Generation

25th May 13 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery and water bottle out, arm under inlet soon see them out.

shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
I have the view of it not being an airleak, same as Chris's. That was solved by luck rather than judgement however.

I don't remember it being that much of a bastard, Had powerbox off, Various use of extensions, long and short socket and a small ratchet I think.

I assume you'll be at PVS with it? I hope to be there so will have to have a look and give you my thoughts.

[Edited on 25-05-2013 by AlexW]

Im convinced its an airleak Alex. You can feel the car going by itself when you drive it and it idles far too high. With the old inlet it would eventually stop once it warmed up. I've not found out if its the same with this one because I lost my rag with it so decided to stop

Working from above the engine rather than below it then mate? I'll be at PVS yes even if it hasn't been sorted. I'm on the Total Vauxhall stand this year though rather than with Corsasport
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th May 13 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Battery and water bottle out, arm under inlet soon see them out.

Brilliant thanks for that! Thinking about it that will give me a lot more access! I will give that a try tomorrow and report back.
AlexW

25th May 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris's would rev to 5k and pull itself along, but was solved after letting it sit for months and flatten the battery.

Just because it seems like an airleak, doesn't mean it is. Could be a sensor or ecu fault etc.
kylesri

25th May 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if yours is the x16xe from a 96-00 i think you can reset the learnt values on the ecu and ajust the idle speed if you no someone that can access the ecu
Brad35

26th May 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are your injectors seated correctly. Had a problem with mine in the past. Over fueling like mad. Turnt out they went fully home.
Sorry to hear about your new inlet takin so long to arrive. Mine took a week to come So much for next day delivery. Good quality though. Just check the end plate that the throttle body sits on. Mine was warped and had to be skimmed. Mines fine now though

[Edited on 26-05-2013 by Brad35]
Sean-B

26th May 13 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turns out I warped the lower inlet on my 200SX when I got it a little hot. Was causing an air leak leading to high idle.
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 19:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun, you should have forked out a little more cash and bought a mantzel inlet power box they fit absolute perfectly, I fitted a few of the copy type boxes and they aren't a very good air tight fit (IMO) the mantzel are made of cast (if a remember right?) them copy boxes are ally or steel aren't they?? I've heard of over tightening them to the inlets/TB make them warp, personally i'd take the full rear inlet off put all new vauxhall gaskets on all tightened to the correct torque settings etc off the car!.. And i'd get it all air pressure tested off the car make sure you haven't got a air leak anywhere inlet wise? and it will rule the inlet problem out And put your mind at rest at least mate
AlexW

26th May 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can prove/disprove air leak by spraying something like carb cleaner all over the inlet, mist it all and if the revs change at all, you has air leak.

shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the help and suggestions everyone

Kev I would love a proper mantzel one, they are just hard to come by these days Rare as hens teeth! This one is steel though mate yes. I will speak to the local engine build company about getting it all pressure tested

I made some more progress with it today. I decided to completely remove the lower inlet so that I could rule that out. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be luckily. Very fiddly but I had it off in a couple of hours.

The plan now is to completely rebuild the whole inlet up from scratch with all new gaskets. One problem I'm thinking is, how the hell am I going to be able to torque the lower inlet bolts back up?

If this wasn't annoying enough my Combo's decided it doesn't want its oil anymore and is now pissing it everywhere! So thats both of them off the road now argh
AlexW

26th May 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure the head face is clean as fuck, Fine emery paper once the old gasket is removed. Same on the inlet, straight edge on both to make sure its spot on.

However, I reckon it'll be fine, the gasket is hard paper but its good at taking up inperfections.

You aren't going to be able to torque up the inlet bolts.
shaunmods
Premium Member

26th May 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I've found the source of the problem! I've just stripped the OPD inlet down and found the face thats mates with the throttle body isn't flat! I've just refitted it with a gasket to check and I can see daylight through the up to the light. Also the gasket has a black marks on it around the area where it hasn't sealed properly -

Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

27th May 13 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally you may have found it! nothing more annoying is there! good luck!
shaunmods
Premium Member

27th May 13 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the moral is the story is don't be a tight arse and buy cheap inlets as Kev said I'll take it to the local engine place tomorrow so see if I can get it skimmed or something
AlexW

27th May 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the throttle body too, wouldn't be a bad idea to have them both skimmed.

<<  129    130    131    132    133    134    135  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.1448460 seconds