corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put..

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where can i put..
Tommy L

User status: Offline
6th Sep 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3. but would need black/darker wheels imo.
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
thanks for your opinions earlier stavs but as you can see the law states that my numberplate is legal

(b) in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable, in the case of a plate fixed on the front of the vehicle, from in front of the vehicle and, in the case of a plate fixed on the rear of the vehicle or trailer, from behind the vehicle or trailer.

any normal day light will reflect off your windscreen thus obscuring the registration in your window

which is glare, so does that mean when the sun reflects off your registration thats illegal too?

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by Dan295]
JohnNI

6th Sep 07 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put your reg on your sunstrip
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a stick on one on the bonnet. thats what i plan to do shortly, 100% legal aswell
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
thanks for your opinions earlier stavs but as you can see the law states that my numberplate is legal

(b) in such a position that in normal daylight the characters of the registration mark are easily distinguishable, in the case of a plate fixed on the front of the vehicle, from in front of the vehicle and, in the case of a plate fixed on the rear of the vehicle or trailer, from behind the vehicle or trailer.

any normal day light will reflect off your windscreen thus obscuring the registration in your window

which is glare, so does that mean when the sun reflects off your registration thats illegal too?

dont be stupid
Ben G

6th Sep 07 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

oh dear.. are you retarded? if it's behind a windscreen with blue and purple shitty gay colours reflecting off it aswell as the sky the it's going to be harder to see than a reg plate with light flashing on it in the normal position.

when you drive behind a car at night and your lights reflect off there reg plate, you can still see it easily. god use common sense
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a numberplate on the front bumper is not angled up to the sky, nor is it a dark background behind a reflective surface

a window is far more reflective for a start, add to that its angled to get even more reflection
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not turn my thread into an argument and stick to giving me ideas, thanks

i dont know muppet it might look silly?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 18:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
put a stick on one on the bonnet. thats what i plan to do shortly, 100% legal aswell

according to the guy that stopped me its illegal
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

dont be stupid

this has got stupid, cos u and stavs think it doesnt look good your out to prove to me its illegal, i couldnt give a fuck anyway and its staying there
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^this isnt about you dan274 i want ideas about where to put it
nova_gteuk

6th Sep 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

it is illegal as the stick on numberplates arent reflective

but to be honest who cares,smoothed off bumper looks much better imo add to the euro look..and id say its worth a £30 fine.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antmashed

why isnt it about him? hes arguing just as much as me, but because hes on your side thats ok?
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
quote:

it is illegal as the stick on numberplates arent reflective

but to be honest who cares,smoothed off bumper looks much better imo add to the euro look..and id say its worth a £30 fine.

mx5's came with stick on number plates from factory didnt they not? you can get them reflective anyway, which would make it not illegal at all. kit cars have them and they have to pass sva test which is far more strict than an mot.

CorsAsh

6th Sep 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Regards motorbike plates, they used to have them but I think they were removed as they had a nasty habit of chopping people up if they were hit by bikes...
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by antmashed

why isnt it about him? hes arguing just as much as me, but because hes on your side thats ok?

i think steve made it about me when he started posting pics up of my car

anyway, tell me its illegal all you want but the law states its legal, and if it fails its mot then i will be kicked in the behind by each member of cs
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where does the law state putting a numberplate behind a reflective screen that obstructs its view is legal?

wait, sorry it doesnt

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by Steve]
vx.racing

6th Sep 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about here -

Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
where does the law state putting a numberplate behind a reflective screen that obstructs its view is legal?

wait, sorry it doesnt

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by Steve]

oh wait but steve....

i dont care
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vx.racing
How about here -

yes that a good place
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks ok
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh all this about the law and numberplates is rubbish i drove about with 3/4 size black and silver plates on my old black clio for about 6 month and i didnt get a murmer from the police even when i parked straight in front of them in a motorway laybay when answering my phone!! one of my dads best mates is a traffic cop and as long as your number plate is in the front of the car then it doesnt matter where it is as it doesnt need to be lit or seen at night! dan295 will have no problem whatsoever with mot or police unless its just pointless harrasment, and to answer you question antmashed i would put a 3/4 plain one right at the bottom of your bumper, cheers
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i could drive about with no tax or insurance for months with a problem from the police, dont mean its right though
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make a new thread or something please steve , all i want is suggestions about where to put it i dont give a shat if its illegal or not,

i just cant decide where
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve mate, your wrong, be the bigger man and admit it! its not your thread it never was and he never asked, 'if i put my plate anywhere other than my front bumper will it be illegal' he wanted peoples advice on where to put it not advice on the law!

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put.. 22 database queries in 0.0162659 seconds