corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put..

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where can i put..
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 07 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not wrong that placing your numberate inside your windscreen is illegal, if people want to stop the discussion i advise you dont keep saying otherwise
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah steve your not wrong! your just not right thats all! now lets just let it get back to antmashed's thread its only fair!
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh antmashed like i said, 3/4 plain plate right at the bottom of your bumper, just dont know if itl get ripped of by speed bumps, my mate had one similar and exactly that happend and it took a chunk of his bumper too and i dont want that to happen to yours after me telling you to put it there! ha ha
antmashed

6th Sep 07 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decisions decisions
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
im not wrong that placing your numberate inside your windscreen is illegal, if people want to stop the discussion i advise you dont keep saying otherwise

steve as usual all the wanna be kids think they know best, leave it, and let them get fucked by the 5-0 for it. it is illegal no matter what you kids think, or havent been pulled for.

kids will be kids, just instead of being a chav breaking the law by drinking at 16, they now want to put illegal number plates inside the car. still a chav at heart, and always will be.

sadly, more often than not steve is actually right about a lot of these things. if only you realised it instead of being big clever hard kids we do wot we wantz init, yo.
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, actuall to asnwer your question, fit the fuckin thing on your bumper like its supposed to be.
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

steve as usual all the wanna be kids think they know best, leave it, and let them get fucked by the 5-0 for it. it is illegal no matter what you kids think, or havent been pulled for.

kids will be kids, just instead of being a chav breaking the law by drinking at 16, they now want to put illegal number plates inside the car. still a chav at heart, and always will be.

sadly, more often than not steve is actually right about a lot of these things. if only you realised it instead of being big clever hard kids we do wot we wantz init, yo.

corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how come because im 18 and have my own opinions im classed as a chav, i wear normal jeans normal t shirts and normal trainers, i dont smoke, i dont drink i work every hour to get money to run and modify my car and treat my girlfriend i have normal accent and dont say innit or wicked and i dont wear baseball hats,i dont fight and dont drive like a twat i respect my elders and have never been in trouble with the law, yet because i am 18 and have my opinion telling 1 person that he is in fact wrong about something that makes me a chav, and everyone else who puts there numberplate in there windscreen and has argued about it being legal or not will feel just the same as me, yes we are all on here because of one thing, the fact we modify cars and enjoy doing it, but that doesnt make us chavs now does it? now im sure its waaaay past your bed time muppetsport seing as tho you took the childish option of arguing after everyone had quite clearly called a truce on it, night night sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite,

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by corsa1.4]

Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is sadly a fact that putting it in the windscreen is actually illegal, and you arguing saying it is fine, is just funny. it isnt, yes the lasw doesnt state it cant go there. but it doesnt mention anything such as reflection that stops the plate being read properly, then to assume that an angled windscreen wont reflect, well, fuck it i cant be arsed going on about it

you kids are right, do what you want and insure your 2litre faster than a veyron conversions as a 1.1 on the log book init. fuckin wikid aye, on buckfast aye, can use a mars bar wrapper as a condom init.
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do what you want and insure your 2litre faster than a veyron conversions as a 1.1 on the log book init. fuckin wikid aye, on buckfast aye, can use a mars bar wrapper as a condom init.

talking of past experiences there mate? coz i can quite certainly say ive never done any of that!
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am talking from experience when i say having a numberplate inside the car behind the windscreen isnt legal.

and i say this due to the mot and tax cameras we get around here at the start of pretty much every month, as i got stopped by the police after i had drove through one, assuming i was legal as it was displayed, well low and behold, as you all say its fine, did the mot/tax/insurance camera pick up on my plate? no, did they fuck. therefore i got a hard warning from officer rodger aboutr displaying number plates etc etc etc. but you lot said it was fine as johhny red top who hangs about the local cruise scene car park did it and he even got away with shaggin some local bint in a stolen morrisons shopping trolley behind commet and even got the quid out the thing aswell.

thats talking of past experiences. hope that might help all this, your wrong steve, post in another thread steve. technically, he is just trying to explain, note the explain word, that it isnt legal at all.

check yo self
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
but you lot said it was fine as johhny red top who hangs about the local cruise scene car park did it and he even got away with shaggin some local bint in a stolen morrisons shopping trolley behind commet and even got the quid out the thing aswell.

Funniest thing I have read all week
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look mate, fair play. just dont assume because im young im a chav, like i said i dont drink and dont smoke i dont hang around bus shelters wearing my nike pj's drinking cider and hurling abuse at random people, what i thought about the plates must have been wrong and i never actually said that plates behind the windscreen was good i just said that i can go anywhere, ive never personally had my number plate behind my windscreen its always been in its proper place i just wanted the thread to get back to the actual question thats all,
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa1.4
i just wanted the thread to get back to the actual question thats all,

yes, but by saying to steve he is wrong, when he actually isnt does nothing other than to make me late for getting to sleep having to post up how he technically is correct, as an officer of the law who you lot seem so intent on pissing off, has told me so. steve was just pointing out it needs to be fitted somewhere appropriate, not in the new cool euro look illegal place, so suggesting such places is silly.

this is why i have a square plate on the front of my car on the passenger side. its where it needs to be, and it isnt in any funny writing or have dodgy spacing.
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok alright, fairs fair im not gonna argue anymore, just not everyone is a chav mate, yes there are plenty of them about and they need to be gone asap but i asure you i aint one of them, quits?
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok alright, fairs fair im not gonna argue anymore, just not everyone is a chav mate, yes there are plenty of them about and they need to be gone asap but i asure you i aint one of them, quits?

quits? oh dear oh dear..........................
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look mate i dont know what your problem is but you need to see a proffesional about it, you really got something against todays youth. your the most childish person ive ever spoke to, i offered to be sociable and call an end to it, im 18 and acting more grown up than you

ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically, where can you put it?

Up your arse?

Only legal place tbh.

Smooth bumpers do look really good, but you will end up breaking the law either way, by having the plate in the window, or not having it at all.

Perhaps one of those sticker type plates, made of laminate, smooth the recess, and stick the plate where its meant to go? Not sure if it would look any good though.
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most people act more grown up than me, apology accepted
corsa1.4

6th Sep 07 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, i never said sorry or apologised but whats the point in arguing about something pointless, my number plates legal and in its right plate, your number plates legal and in the right place, neither of us are gonna be getting pulled for a dodgy plate, why argue?
bubble

6th Sep 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all laws say it must be clearly displayed at front of vehicle-i cant find anywhere where it says it has to be on bumper?
ChrisBoom

6th Sep 07 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
all laws say it must be clearly displayed at front of vehicle-i cant find anywhere where it says it has to be on bumper?

But then sometimes its not clearly seen on the windscreen, and im sure the speed cameras are set to the bumper area for the reg? Glare etc has to be taken into account too.

Its a loophole tbh.
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux

it doesnt have to be on the bumper, it just cant be behind glass which affects the reflectivity (is that a word) of the number plate. i got told this by an officer of the traffic police as i explained earlier when going through one of those mot/tax/insurance checking things from vosa, as the camera couldnt pick it up properly due to the sun glare on the screen. this, is not displaying it in accordance with the law.

like having a tax disc and sticking it in the glove box, you have one, but it isnt displayed properly, therefore illegal. ps before anyone says about tax discs, the camera gets that information off the reg plate, not the disc itself........
Nic Barnes

6th Sep 07 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right, i never said sorry or apologised but whats the point in arguing about something pointless, my number plates legal and in its right plate, your number plates legal and in the right place, neither of us are gonna be getting pulled for a dodgy plate, why argue?

<<  5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put.. 22 database queries in 0.0159039 seconds