corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where can i put..
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Sep 07 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
quote:
Originally posted by Stavs

dan295, its elligal mate, need to be on the front bumper, end off

no its not
show me something that will tell me that in the front window is illegal

[Edited on 05-09-2007 by Dan295]

ok bert, wait till MOT time, im sure they will pass your car with it in the window, why would car desighners and manufactors make recesses ? for you and ken to go smooth them and put your plate in your window no...

its is elligal, i have looked into it before, i have been there and done it, dont forget !
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not gonna dignify that with a response
SAL
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
im not gonna dignify that with a response
well ask ED to then ?
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think eds got much better things to do with his time
SAL
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought you wernt going to repond
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clearly visible

to me that looks rubbish anyway, a numberplate is part of a car imo, and be placed somewhere that fits in with the car, in the correct place

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by Steve]
All Torque

6th Sep 07 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antmashed
silly comment
silly comment
silly comment
silly comment

fad good idea

How is suggesting putting it where it normally goes a 'silly comment'?

Fail.
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe you should ask me hwere i usually put it, because you will find its put up by the sunvisor, thus can be read properly with nothing blocking it and glare is reduced, tbh i dont care if you think it looks rubbish, i am also on my knees on the ground there so understandably difficult to read the plate.

i went straight through a police roadblock they didnt stop me because it isnt illegal.
SAL
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mot time

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10016070

thats the law too
Whittie

6th Sep 07 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i went straight through a police roadblock they didnt stop me because it isnt illegal.

Im not been funny, but if there was a police roadblock there, im sure they had bigger things to worry about than a numberplate been in the wrong place
Saw your car at trax, looked lovely

SAL
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Registration plate - condition, security, legibility and format of letters/numbers

basiacally, it need to be on the front of the car, you can disagree, but its like saying smooth the boot and put it on the roof FFS
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly thanks for the special text, i think i have just gone over all of the aspects of that, was it not you who once had a 3/4 size plate with different characters?
Whittie

6th Sep 07 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
firstly thanks for the special text, i think i have just gone over all of the aspects of that, was it not you who once had a 3/4 size plate with different characters?

I had the 3/4 plate yes, yes its illegal, but a normal plate is in the car, with the sticky stuff to put it on. If / when i get pulled, i'll put the normal plate on, and use the smaller plater just for shows etc. If your numberplate was in under the sunvisor on the passenger side, rather than the bottom of the window, it would be better imo, like IvIarkgraham's corsa?
Iain M

6th Sep 07 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drill 2 holes in it Get some string and fasten it round your forehead whilst you are driving. - Problem solved

Joke
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
If your numberplate was in under the sunvisor on the passenger side, rather than the bottom of the window, it would be better imo, like IvIarkgraham's corsa?

thats where i put it, for photo purposes i put it on the dash, i never display my numberplate in photos,
SAL
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

yes i did, i was stopped about 5 times, given two fines, had to go to the mot station about 4 times, produce documents everytime i was stopped

it got a bit boring, so i used it for show use only, like i said before, i had less agg from having no plate...but my point is the plata has to be mounted on the bumper, if not its elligal...
Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if someone out there finds some form of legal documentation that says i cant do it i will be glad to hear it, until then im off to drive around in my illegal corsa
Nath

6th Sep 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Dan295

6th Sep 07 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

credit where its due

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by Dan295]
craig8
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing mentioning the positioning in the Construction and Use Regulations is that it must be of the correct size etc, front facing and as vertical "as resonably practicable" as far as i can remember

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by craig8]

E36 328
craig8
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2001/20010561.htm#7

section 7 paragraph 3

so long as the window isnt changing the look of the characters (reflecting a flash) then it is legal if it is clearly visible

[Edited on 06-09-2007 by craig8]

E36 328
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course the window will reflect the flash aswell as make it not visible from some angle
Hamish

6th Sep 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But front facing cameras dont flash do they? as they are digital and dont need to i thought
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

6th Sep 07 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with the normal position?

why not go all the way and get a big gay square one and pretend your car is an Evo?
craig8
Premium Member

6th Sep 07 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines isnt reflecting the flash in the photo at the side of this, it never did it either when i had the plate in the window with my other bumper, the police agreed that it was perfectly legal for it to be there

E36 328

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » where can i put.. 23 database queries in 0.1101451 seconds