corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Free Sky TV channels?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Free Sky TV channels?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
15th Aug 07 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A while back someone posted up some info on getting some channels from Sky and other countries for 'cheap'. Cant find it on search though.

In the process of buying an EyeTV for my Mac which will allow me to get TV on it, and it has a CI slot so would only need a CAM and a receiver card to allow me to get the channels I think?

So anyone point me in the right direction, or give me some advice to get them?
Dom

15th Aug 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get those dream boxes, but i've yet to see anything regarding free sky digital as i don't think the encryption has been cracked yet (i read that it had been cracked but sky changed the algorithm etc).

however, you can still get analog stuff and PPV has been cracked all over the show.

other than that, your can get the dream boxes for cable networks (so virgin) and you can get all the channels - it's illegal obviously. And if you're talking about getting a sat card for your mac/pc then you can view channels once lined up to a sky digi dish, but you need to pay for the channels as you need a sky card etc.
John

16th Aug 07 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless it is a sattelite receiver then it won't receive any sky channels.

The terrestrial version will have a CAM module for things like getting setanta.

New Poll