corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox additives??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox additives??
Butler

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 07 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A gearbox with a crunch which I can only assume is a worn synchro... Apart from changing the gearbox oil is there anything I can use to temporarily dampen the problem before I can replace the gearbox or have it rebuilt??
csweatherston

23rd Jun 07 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a quickfix, when we had noisy diffs (rwd) we would fill them with sawdust and grease lol...

wynns make an additive which may dampen it tho
Butler

24th Jun 07 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive heard of sawdust being used, only in the olden days when clutches werent invented though lol. I was under the impression in this day and age a purpose designed additive would be available maybe? Il look into 'Wynns', cheers mate.

New Poll