corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » custom inlet for c20let

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author custom inlet for c20let
Ben ev

User status: Offline
12th Jun 07 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ime wonting to mod a pulsar gtir inlet manafold to fit a c20let but instead of cutting the let/xe runners i wont to do away with it and machine something up from scratch. this will mean making some injector lugs for each runner. is this ok or do the injectors need to be angled etc into the ports to close tolerences?

the ones for sale/going to be for sale on vauxsport imo will foul the corsa bulkhead

[Edited on 12-06-2007 by Ben ev]
jr

12th Jun 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to beardy, he has allready made some
Ben ev

12th Jun 07 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of £ and not sure about the clearences. also the pulsar mod idea i think has been binned as the runners didnt marry up very well. by making a one off plenuim to head part though you could loose the angles but its only the injectors that ime not sure about.

[Edited on 12-06-2007 by Ben ev]
BeArDy

12th Jun 07 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of hassle mate, and alot of work to get them to flow match.
Go on Vauxsport they has been loads of talk about custom inlets

I am selling the manifolds below within the next 2 weeks just had all the exharst manifolds to finish off

This is what we will call "Road" use inlet which has a small plenum on top and is shown with a 80mm billet throttle body.

This is what we will call "Drag" use inlet with alot larger plenum ontop and shown with a 100mm billet throttle body.

PS if you worried about clearence then dont look at Pulsar as they are alot longer than my full custom ones.....
Ben ev

12th Jun 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been reading lots about these mate and your work looks to be quality stuff. saw that the pulsar ones got binned but i was thinking that if you made a one off bit instead of using part of the xe manafold you could effectively determend the clearence to the bulkhead that way.

although your custom ones are very nice ime looking to do something myself rather than buy bolt on parts as it were.
i guess the injector posistioning is (about there!) sort of tolerences and not critical?
Ben ev

12th Jun 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also did you make the trumpets using feature cam?

New Poll